General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kp269
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Entering TRNC from South Cyprus

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kp269 »

If we were to fly into Larnaca from the UK, spend two weeks on holiday in the South and then transfer over to the North, could we do so without having to quarantine? Looking to fly into Larnaca 3rd of August.

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Entering TRNC from South Cyprus

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

As far as I know crossing only open for TC,GC & legal foreign resident of the ROC no one else.
Hopefully this will change soo.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

The indicator wrote:
Sun 12 Jul 2020 5:05 pm
As far as I know crossing only open for TC,GC & legal foreign resident of the ROC no one else.
Hopefully this will change soo.
Fly direct to the north with pca result ,quarantine now is 7 days.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

I think you will be ok after the 1st of august. PCR test in north 300tl south 60 euro should it be needed. Will check you may get what I think is a free test at the airport but at the moment not definite

AzantServices
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by AzantServices »

I had a couple from the Southside visit me last week. He is French Canadian, she is Canadian. What they told me , they are over in the south on a 1 year visitors visa. Relocating to the North. Had a test done there, not sure when. They crossed over on the Sunday evening Metahan, had 72 hrs and had to be back by Wednesday, they left Wednesday lunchtime. Very confusing, but fact.

steve66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by steve66 »

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

As 'Swallows' who fly into the south before crossing to the north (we used to use Ercan back in the days of CTA), if the South continues with this new policy to stop that, then that's the definite nail in the coffin for us visiting NC. Before the usual response of 'fly into Ercan' then, the answer for us is only until we can sell up. No, we don't want the hassle of flying from Stanstead via Turkey.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

many will feel the same

hopefully problem will resolve itself

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Sadly I think things will get even more complicated re crossing the border. The restrictions by the ROC means crossing is not allowed for U.K. citizens at the moment. In a joint agreement between the ROC authorities and hoteliers they could agree to finance a PCR test and maybe 1 or 2 days quarantine before allowing you in. So maybe you will be able to fly to Larnaca but there is likely a PCR test needed before arrival and the Cyprus Flight card to complete asking for details of where you are staying ......in the south! I doubt that a hotel/ address in the north will be allowable.

Fast forward to end of year and Brexit.......that is very likely to have an impact on length of stay in the ROC, possible border crossing etc. We all know that the ROC can always make things difficult for those wanting to travel to the north.

We have used Ercan and Larnaca over the last 15 years but to avoid issues on arrival in the south I think that we will just concentrate on flying to Ercan.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Flying from London to Ercan with Turkish Airlines isn't attractive. More expensive than flying to Larnaca and the shortest flight time (with the stop over in Turkey) is over 7 hours. In the old days of CTA there was only an hours touchdown in Turkey.
We will do it if we have to but only until we can sell up.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”