General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

BOERBOEL
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lemar - Alsancak

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by BOERBOEL »

I was really pleased when this Lemar opened and it was a breath of fresh air for this area. Unfortunately I now see they have taken up a major part of the car park for market stalls. Was told this was going to be Monday and Friday evenings but driving past this morning saw that there was a market in full flow, why why why when all they sell is 'tat' just my opinion and will probably now get slated but is it really necessary, don't think they will encourage customers just send them back to karaoglanoglu where we will now be shopping again.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lemar - Alsancak

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

These "markets" are springing up every where every one seems obsessed with them. Not me!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

At first I thought perhaps they were going to remove the tables when there wasn't a market on, but no, the tables stay there and take up a chunk of the parking. Like Deniz1, I just cannot understand why everyone seems to be obsessed with markets. You see the same people setting up stalls in just about every market. One day the tax people are going to cotton on to them. Why should shops have to pay overheads etc., and market stall holders get away scot free. Like you Boerboel, I expect to get slated. That's 3 of us!!

BOERBOEL
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by BOERBOEL »

Thanks Deniz1 and sophie glad I'm not the only one but we definitely seem to be the minority.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Maybe we should have an anti market coffee together? Lol.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

BOERBOEL wrote:I was really pleased when this Lemar opened and it was a breath of fresh air for this area. Unfortunately I now see they have taken up a major part of the car park for market stalls. Was told this was going to be Monday and Friday evenings but driving past this morning saw that there was a market in full flow, why why why when all they sell is 'tat' just my opinion and will probably now get slated but is it really necessary, don't think they will encourage customers just send them back to karaoglanoglu where we will now be shopping again.
I understood the market was going to be Monday morning and Friday evening, like other posters I do wonder how many markets do we need !

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I shop at Ileli!
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

bubbles
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by bubbles »

İ agree with all of You, but jonnie lmao

metin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by metin »

I love the markets, and the bargains I've picked up are brilliant. The shops here I find expensive, so will continue to support the markets.
But its your choice, you don't have to look. It also generates more customers for Lemar, who are employing English staff to make your shopping experience easier.
And on the matter of tax, Lemar are paying that as well !!!!

So, lighten up, its different strokes for different folks !!!!

mickyron
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by mickyron »

The car park was usualy two thirds empty anyway so whats the problem?

corona24
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by corona24 »

Money for the seller and Bargains for the customer. I have found a lot of good needed items thanks to "markets", where I find the same thing for double or triple the price in a store. The good thing of a market everyday is that what does not get sold one day may get sold another day. OR for one unable to go one day and go another day. So the problem is they are taking up parking space 'cuz its in the middle of the lot? Okay well maybe they can move the market to a corner/area like they do for the Lemar in Catalkoy. Keep up the markets people, there is always people entering/leaving N.C. that need to get rid of their items instead of just putting it in the garbage tanks and make a few liras here n there.

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

The market is on for 8/10 hours per week.

Lemar is open about 15 hours per day 7 days per week . So the market is open for 10 out of over 100 hours that the store is open. The rest of the time there is some under cover parking!!!!

Many of the stalls are operated by people with appropriate permits and the authorities do often pay visits to the various markets Sophie and have dealt with people operating outside of laid down criteria.

I went to Lemar last Friday when the market was operating, I walked past the stalls into the store and then past them again back to my car, EASY!!

rowan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by rowan »

I don't understand what the problem is. If you don't like markets, then don't go to them. As for the stalls being kept up at Lemar, they allow you to park in the shade when the markets are not in operation which is more than welcome at the moment.

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by belle »

The only real market in TRNC is the weds one in girne, the rest are jumble sales at best.

BOERBOEL
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by BOERBOEL »

Rowan - I don't like markets and so don't go, hence my original post, but when the market is in the middle of the parking area of my shop of choice then I am in the position of 'put up with it or go elsewhere'. As for being able to park in the shade, then Sophie and myself have obviously been going on the wrong days as when we have been the tables are still in situ which is under the covered area. And yes Belle I agree, they look at best jumble sales or car boots and I don't go to those either.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Deniz1, I reckon there will be perhaps 4 of us having a coffee morning!!

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

Amazing stuff!!!We are not market people.We also shop in various supermarkets.One thing is for certain,when we go,certainly do not expect shading for vehicles!Can honestly say,have not ever seen shortage of parking spaces,Alsancak Lemar or any other Kuzey Kibris store! Have broused around Lemar Alsancak market stalls whilst calling to collect shopping.Suprisingly there are some interesting offerings on said stalls.Just cannot believe a few people moan & groan about a few coster mongers trying to make a shilling from selling (on a few stalls)quite interesting stuff.

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

I understand that when Lemar at Catalkoy started their market their takings trebled on the days of the market. I am sure that Alsancak will also see an increase so I am sure they will not miss the custom of 4 narrow minded individuals.

If people do not want to look at the goods on display there is ample parking to still just go into the store as I have already stated I did.
Get a blooming life. If this is all you can think of to complain about or even find to discuss in a positive way then you must be leading a quite miserable life.

bubbles
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by bubbles »

they are not moanıng.. just theır opınıons
get a lıfe?? how when everythıng ıs the same same same same same same same...... la la la la la la
markets, bıngo, karaoke.

yes we lıke fun (well ı do)
but everythıng wıll always be the same.

AMEN

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”