Excellent MM service again

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Excellent MM service again

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Logged a ticket with MM yesterday 4pm as net connection seemed for a while to be a little slow, but more erratic than slow.

Called back within an hour to say received and looking into it.

Called later with update and told engineer would call next day (today).

Engineer been, system fixed, just recorded 35meg (I know this is an instantaneous reading, not 24/7, but good speed).

The service is certainly as good as anyone can expect, and would be interested how this compares with anyone on here using other providers.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Excellent MM service again

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Used Extend for the last 8 months, have had periods during that times of poor connection but unlike MM no one contacts us to tell what the issue is/was and we dont have access on the forum to someone like Erol.
Not sure why MM have had so many issues lately if they are providing 35Meg, I pay for 4 Meg ,watch TV usually fine, use Tablet for emails / Facebook / Skype etc

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

kerry 6138 wrote: Not sure why MM have had so many issues lately if they are providing 35Meg, I pay for 4 Meg ,watch TV usually fine, use Tablet for emails / Facebook / Skype etc
Apparently 'streaming' services are being affected in Turkey, rest is ok.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Would extend not use the same network in Turkey ?
The issue would be for me not to be able to watch Live TV my download would need to drop below 2 Meg which is a loss of 50% of what I pay for and still ok for browsing, emails, if you lose half of 35 Meg it should still be plenty for streaming?
What does the extra 30+ meg MM provide actually do for everyone?
Currently using Internet (obviously ) she who must be obeyed is watching live TV (no buffering)
Oopla Speed test download 3.63 Meg upload 0.63Meg

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by erol »

kerry 6138 wrote:if you lose half of 35 Meg it should still be plenty for streaming?
I am afraid it is not really that simple. If the reason you 'loose' half of your speed is that half of all packets are lost then you will have trouble streaming, When you go to a web page, half of the packets that make up that page get lost, your machine then just re requests them again and so on until it has all the packets and then displays the web page. Same when you receive an email, same if you are downloading. It will take longer, because the lost packets have to be re requested but it will eventual get all the packets needed and your will have your 'content'. With streaming every lost packet will result in a bit of the picture being missing and there is no chance to re request that lost packet because its too late, the picture has moved on. What is more it is not just lost packets but even if packets arrive sufficiently 'out of order' then with streaming it is 'too late', where as with download, web page, email etc out of order is not a problem.
kerry 6138 wrote:What does the extra 30+ meg MM provide actually do for everyone?
For me the extra speed is useful for downloading. I download video content rather than stream it as much as is possible. A 'HD Ready' movie is around 4.5GB. A 'full HD' one is around 9GB. Downloading 9GB at a constant 2mbs takes

9 * 1024 (GB to MB) = 9216 Mega Bytes * 8 (bytes to bits) = 73728 mega bits
73728 mb / 2 mb per second = 36864 seconds = 614.4 minutes = 10.24 hours

at a constant 30mbs

73728 mb / 30 mb per second = 2457.6 seconds = 40.96 minutes

Again for me it is not just movies. I play games. Current triple A games can be 30-50GB of download. Downloading say a 4o GB game on a 2mbs connection would take around 45 hours of constant downloading. With a 30 mbs connection I can start the download at midnight and in the morning it will be done and ready to play. It is for uses like this that more speed is useful, to me at least.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Some posts were removed. Can I remind businesses not to hi-jack threads.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”