Arriva Limited (Satellite Cyprus)

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Arriva Limited (Satellite Cyprus)

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Royalcorpsoftranspor »

Has any one here purchased UK TV Top Set Box from this coy, & if so are you happy with it.

I believe it costs a one off payment of £119 + £30 installation, no monthly bills.
Even though you see black clouds, there is always tomorrow when the sun will shine again

magalan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Arriva Limited (Satellite Cyprus)

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by magalan »

Make sure your internet connection speed is at least 4mb.

The box works very well - one-off payment, no ongoing subscriptions, loads of channels, what more can you ask for??!!

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Yes the box works very well and you are also able to record programmes and watch them at your leisure. Arriva are always very professional and offer a first class service to all of their customers. You have nothing to lose by getting this box and everything to gain. Enjoy!!

ham on brown
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by ham on brown »

Do they show live prem footy

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Its not one of these boxes you buy then a few months later they pull the plug on it or change the card. What channels do they show. Could you write a list and let us know please or how to get in touch with Arriva ltd.
Many thanks
Liz

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

foodie wrote:Its not one of these boxes you buy then a few months later they pull the plug on it or change the card. What channels do they show. Could you write a list and let us know please or how to get in touch with Arriva ltd.
Many thanks
Liz
If you check Cyprus Today page 28 it gives you all the info.
Even though you see black clouds, there is always tomorrow when the sun will shine again

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Tonight I shall be watching Man U v West Ham LIVE on the TV system provided by Arriva Ltd, in the comfort of my Lounge with the log fire roaring, great. This is on ITV courtesy of the UK TV Top Set Box purchased from Arriva. Their contact details are given in Cyprus Today as given above and these are Arriva Ltd/www.satellitecyprus.net 0533 869 4371 or 0533 869 4372.
Channels provide live are BBC1, 2,3 and Four, ITV 1, 2, 3, 4, 4more and many other English Channels. Get your order in to enjoy the rest of the winter evenings in the comfort of your own home.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Many thanks for your replies Royalcorpsoftransport and Crofter.

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Another good night with our TV Box from Arriva, thank you very much.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

It may be prudent to check with Arriva, as Filmon appear to have put a charge on recording programmes. I am sure Paul or Gwyn will update you.

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

Can anyone tell me whether this system provides Eurosport 1 and 2?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I was interested in having this but they told me my current internet connection was not good enough so I was offered an internet connection for 949 tl for a year plus £119 for the box plus £30 installation now its way out of my price range.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

@Deniz1 what speed connection were you offered? You can get a 1.5Mbit connection from Multimax for 480TL/year including installation.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

It was 4MB with no data limit. The 949 was for 1 year +3 months.I only wanted it as a secondary system for my bedroom tv occcaisonally.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Deniz1 - according to your email to us, your internet connection is with Turkcell and has a 4GB monthly data limit which, if you used it solely to watch online TV, would allow you to watch for approximately 8 hours - most of our online TV customers watch considerably more TV than that.
On that basis, the 4GB monthly data limit is too little. In fact, based on our experience, most of our online TV customers use between 60 - 100 GB of data per month.
According to the information on this page: http://www.kktcell.com/individual/inter ... ernet/1367 - 15GB of data monthly costs 69TL x 4 = 276TL per month so, it's easy to understand why we told you that to watch online TV you need a good internet connection without data limits and that your current supply would work out too expensive. Had you informed us in your email that you only wanted our UK set top box as a "secondary" system for "occasional" use - we may have advised you differently, but as you didn't, on the information that you voluntarily provided to us, we were right to offer you this advice.

As eXtend Broadband's 2012 TOP reseller (the No.1 reseller in the TRNC) - we can offer you a 4Mb(off network speed) internet connection with unlimited data for the equivalent of 63TL per month (pre-paid 12 month contract with 3 months free).
There are many things that can affect the 'achievable' speed of a wireless internet connection - proximity to the serving base station and connection saturation in the immediate area being just two. It's advisable to check this before you proceed with any supplier, including us.
In 2012, for the fifth successive year, we vastly increased our customer base (hence the award). We did this by offering free, sincere advice and by providing 7 day per week (out of office hours) customer services.
Since I stopped writing for the Cyprus Today Newspaper, I have been able to put together several internet self help guides which our customers say are "very useful" - anyone who would like to receive a free copy of the guides can apply by telephoning us or, by sending us a request by email - visit http://www.satellitecyprus.net/best_tv_ ... in_cyprus/

Squashmad - unfortunately, Eurosport is not included in this particular service, but we do supply several different DTH HD satellite TV systems carrying many different sports channels

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

No bad thoughts about your service I am sure it is excellent just too much for me to pay at the moment. My Turkcell modem is fine for my needs at the moment I didnt realise i needed an internet connection to run the box.

AJay
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by AJay »

Just as an addendum to this thread, I would have ditched Extend years ago if it had not of been for the support of Paul and Gwyn at Arriva. They have made such a difference to service at Extend that I am not surprised they received the Extends top reseller award.
Keep up the good work.
AJ

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Hi KBASAT,

Can you advise please the best route to go down for receiving 3D i have a tv that is capable of it .

Thanks.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Hi AJ, thank you for your kind words, it is greatly appreciated. On the 1st March, we celebrate 9 years in business in Cyprus and we have many customers who have dealt with us throughout all that time so, we must be doing something right. Anyone who is with us on 1st March 2014 can expect to be invited to a bit of a party !

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

I too have 3D so I understand what is around.

But rather than divert this thread I have started another specifically on 3D to tell what I know.

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

We are thinking of switching to Arriva. Currently with World.net but experiencing awful problems. We cannot watch our TV without the picture freezing every 30 seconds or so. Do we need a new box? Who knows?? Particularly bad after 7p.m. Cannot watch Catch-up TV. Freezes all the time. So sad. Enjoy our UK channels but get so frustrated. Have resorted to buying DVDs which is not the point. No longer able to watch our fav channels. Anyone else got similar problems?

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Hi Keepsmiling, As I have said before, it is a great box, actually called FilmOn, it does work with much less than 4 strength on your internet, closer to 1 actually. Yes we do have a little buffering but it is no real problem. As part of the box you can watch 'Portal' which is hundreds of programs or films and BBC catch up. Can watch live football on ITV, usuallly the FA matches. Hope this helps you make your decision.

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

Thanks for the info, Crofter.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

can you please elaborate on what world.net is? never heard of it before
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”