M.O.T. Regulations

Find out about the laws within the TRNC: Residency, Home Ownership, Work Permits, Visa's, Licenses, Speeding...etc.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sid447
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

M.O.T. Regulations

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Sid447 »

Hello people.
Does anyone have a copy of the Do's and Don'ts of the TRNC M.O.T. regs?
i.e. what allowed and what's not allowed.
For example is it mandatory to have the original engine in the car, or are conversions allowed.
Is it mandatory to have catalytic converters fitted.
What is the gas analyser limit?
Do all new cars have to be fitted with a particulate filter.

There must be a document or guide published for vehicle testing, if anyone knows where to find the regs or if there is a website detailing everything I'd be grateful if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Steve.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: M.O.T. Regulations

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I know that if you change the engine the garage has to get the log book changed.
The other stuff , go to an emmissions garage,they will put you right.
The MOT people are mainly concerned with engine no,clean car,maybe tyres,2 triangles,first aid kit and fire extinguisher.

Or none of the above🤣

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

In addition to 13roman58 -

One of the most import things appears to be that you have mud flaps fitted - this regardless of age of vehicle or even if the vehicle is not designed to have additional mud flaps!

If the engine has not been cleaned so that the man with a light can read the engine number - that is a fail!
If the front/driver and passenger side windscreens have had aftermarket tints applied - that is a fail!
If, occasionally, the headlights/brake/indicator lights do not work - that is a fail!
If parts are hanging off the vehicle - that may be a fail!
If the tyres are of different sizes - that could be a fail!
If the car is dirty - that can easily be a fail!
If you argue with the inspector - that can produce a fail!

All in all your vehicle can fail for any number of things, I have found the easiest way to provide the best result is to take your vehicle to a garage that completes the emissions check first for a service and inform them that the vehicle is due MOT and ask them to check it all! May cost a little more but presuming that you are a foreigner in a foreign land it will make your life easier every three-ish years!

Good luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Erdiner garage serviced mine did emissions test, took it for am MOT then phoned me when it was ready, make sure you leave all of the original papers with them

Return to “LAW - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”