Urgent home needed for emaciated dog

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kimi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Urgent home needed for emaciated dog

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kimi »

A warm loving home is desperately needed for a poor malnourished boy found wandering along the esentepe - catalkoy road late sunday night. The dog is an adult male, greyhound cross, extremely underweight. He is very timid but loving and very well behaved, needs a second chance at life and lots of well deserved tlc .... please contact me if you would like to meet this sweet boy x

photos of him can be seen https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

spider
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Urgent home needed for emaciated dog

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by spider »

Sorry it seems I have posted the photo onto the wrong thread,

Komi make the posting about this dog onto the Hope group and here is a photo of the poor thing,

We are not a charity and we are not asking you for any money, ! But just to look at this photo and help the poor dog, nothing else, Please contact the poster, I am only posting the photo,

Thanks Spider, X
Attachments
image.jpg
Lets be nice to each other and help make this world a better place to live.

kimi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kimi »

Hi, yes I have already posted onto hope for pets, I just wanted to post in this forum too in case some kibkom members do not use facebook,

Is anyone interested in this handsome boy?? This older boy is currently 20kg but he should be maximum 35kg, he will not be a demanding dog, he is simply happy with a warm bed and a yummy dinnner as well of course lots of tender loving care. He has been treated for fleas and internal parasites and is on a treatment to help with chronic diarrhea (a result of not being used to real dog food) I will offer to fund his future castration (when he is 100%) for any person who would like to offer him a forever home x

paddywack
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by paddywack »

Being an animal person, read my posts, this is the only reason my good lady and myself would never come to TRNC to live.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Paddywack, with the greatest respect, worse things happen all over the world, including UK. I speak as a lifelong owner of dogs and a previous employee of RSPCA and Batter sea dogs home. I do not know any incident in TRNC of a dog skinned alive for food, but I know it happens in Vietnam, Thailand, China and Turkey. Also in UK!
I beg you, if the dog issue is the only reason you don't want to live here, then re-think and come and make a difference!

kimi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kimi »

Yes bad things happen everywhere ... can anyone give this dog a home? time is ticking for him x

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

What is the latest situation on this dog?

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

Could this be the emaciated doggie I saw in our local vet's just before Christmas. He was the thinnest dog I have ever seen. It was like stroking a skeleton. Looks to be the same colour. The vet said he was looking after him to build him up. Do we know what has happened to this poor little dog???

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

As last post, can someone please give an up date on this dog. Thank you.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I'm sure he has done, but if not I hope the Vet in question checks this dog for Leisch. It isn't always lack food that causes a dog to become so emaciated.

To say that bad treatment of animals in the TRNC is one of the reasons for not coming back, hardly helps the animals here does it?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

I saw kimi in Petline the other day and she said the dog is going to the UK.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:...To say that bad treatment of animals in the TRNC is one of the reasons for not coming back, hardly helps the animals here does it?
What a beautifully restrained comment!

I agree wholeheartedly.

kimi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kimi »

William has so far put on 8kg and is expected to gain at least 5kg more, he is doing well and getting ready for his new life in uk in april His awful condition was because of long term starvation, it took him over 2 weeks for his digestive system to process food properly. But he is looking much better now and a very happy dog x

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

What a wonderful result. Well done Kimi for giving this poor, beautiful dog a new lease of life. I hope he will be very happy with his future owners. X

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Yes thank you Kimi you are an Carole

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Brilliant Kimi, thank you for your kindness

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Duddy wrote:
Fri 12 Jan 2024 2:18 pm
Hi to all !
My name is Duddy and I'm new to the forum. I have two Maltese dogs as pets at home and I love them very much. I joined the forum because I have a little problem with my puppies. There are rats swarming around my property and I am very worried that these rats will bring and transmit fleas to my puppies. Rats which also prove to be a little too harmful, causing significant damage, and I am also afraid that they will bring dangerous diseases into our surroundings. I thought the dirt and mess attracted them and we did our best to avoid the prior invasion of these rats by cleaning everything up, but to no avail. These rats continue to wander around and cause damage. We tried using rat traps and checking the traps but none were trapped and the bait flew away.
I always try to apply the least harmful solutions for the environment. Someone advised me to use this product as rat bait. I would like to gather the experience of people who have encountered a similar problem, particularly regarding the use of these particular baits. I wonder about their effectiveness, and I would like to know if they pose a risk to other animals in the area and to the environment.

It is preferable to use traps rather than poisoned bait, because of the risks that bait can pose to birds and other wildlife.

However, if traps prove ineffective, then you should consider using a local pest control company, who will be able to assess the safest method to tackle the problem.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”