Risk of rehoming - WARNING distressing photos

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

KAR
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

Risk of rehoming - WARNING distressing photos

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by KAR »

I am a Kangal-page0001.jpg
I am a Kangal-page0002.jpg
I am a Kangal-page0003.jpg
I am a Kangal-page0004.jpg
Please – if your circumstances change and you really have to find a new home for your family pet – don’t let the same thing happen to yours.
Please ;
Meet as many times as you can with the potential new owner and ask them/find out as much detail about them and their home life as you can. Ask questions of them (have they had cats/dogs before; do they have a garden; work; children) – you are entrusting your animal family member with them and need to be as sure as you can that they can be trusted and are aware of the responsibilities of pet ownership.
Watch carefully how your pet/new owner (and family) interact during meetings.
Particular caution is needed when re homing certain breeds that may require special care and/or an experienced owner or ones that can be viewed as status/trophy breeds.
Also ;
Go with the new owner to re register the new details at the Beledeyesi and also change the details on the TRNC microchip database.
Go with them to you/their vet to introduce them and to pass on any previous medical conditions or treatment..
Spend as much time as possible with the new owner and your pet – do not rush into a decision.

Your decision will rest with your pet for the remainder of it’s life . Make sure it is the right decision.

For this owner it was the wrong decision and that will stay with her for the rest of her life --- this Kangal no longer has a life.
KAR account is just for posting and not responding to queries. Contact our Office for information.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”