Street Paws under KAR umbrella and restaurant cats

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Street Paws under KAR umbrella and restaurant cats

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I contacted Street Paws about 2 restaurant cats to be neutered, they quickly responded to my request, stating which vet and a code to cover payment. I booked an appointment and arranged with the restaurant owner to trap the cats the night before as I did not know if they would be there in the morning. On the day I dropped the cats off at 9am, filled in the paperwork to enable StreetPaws to tie up my request and payment. The following day I collected the cats and released the tom, after checking he was ok, unfortunately the young female who was dumped from a car at the restaurant can not return as she jumps on tables and annoys customers. She will be released once healed in my area as there are many feeding stations.
I am hoping this post will encourage people to be proactive in their Street and restaurants which they frequent.
StreetPaws covers East Side of Girne and Freedom Jeremy covers West side with their neutering projects and I personally can not praise them enough with fund raising and their commitment. A breath of fresh air after arranging neutering 81 cats in my street at personal cost since covid after KAR dealt with the original 89 in 2006 to covid.
I feel I could venture out and help other cats who don't live in my street and do not ask to be born.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Street Paws under KAR umbrella and restaurant cats

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Well Done snd1966. :+1:) Hope you have set a precedent and more people follow your example.

If people didn't encourage the cat’s in the first place feeding them under tables, then moan about them over running places.

What if the food feeding caused a fight to erupt under the table for a morsel of food, all hell would brake loose if customers legs where scratched or bittern to bits by vicious fighting feral cats.
Yes I know not all are feral but dumped, they still fight

Nothing worse than an unwanted cat jumping on your lap, even worse on a table whilst eating, this in turn has repercussions for any bar or restaurant.

Please could you add phone number for StreetPaws.
Hopefully more people out there will be proactive like you have been, and help stop the needless kitten explosion, or dumping in other areas like the unfortunate female.
Fortunately there are few cats in my area.
Well done you

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Poppy+++1 I don't need thanks, I get that from seeing them in the street, plumb and happy. They don't ask to be born and unfortunately for years it has been a problem. Hopefully now people will take advantage of the projects and help others to neuter and slow down the unwanted animals living on the streets.
Personally I do not even have a pet but when we moved into the middle of the village the noise of cats fighting and the smell from numerous male cats sent me to KAR seeking help. 17 years later it's just a small amount to do each year, I slipped up one year and paid the price with an additional 6 in the area as my husband had, had enough of us paying and felt it wasn't our problem and we had done more than our share.
Restaurants I am well known asking I hope politely not to drop food on the floor, take it to a corner away from the tables. The Restaurant owner doesn't need greasy floors and customers, i assume really do not want animals scrounging for food. Infact some react very badly.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I also hope like the westside neuter project StreetPaws also state how many animals are neutered or helped. It seems to encourage funds from people

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Snd1966
You you need Thanking….
YOU are doing 😇what others moan about and sit back.

The more people who know about Paw’s the better. Should the need arise I would certainly use them anything to stop all the unwanted amount of kittens.

Paw keep up the good work 👍

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”