Dog shelter

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog shelter

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Read with interest the article about the shelter which has not got permission in lemon grove news. I do wonder what the mayor has in mind, there are just too many dogs for owners on the island. I really hope the dogs which have been neutered and are accepted on the street are in his plan. People give money, people give their time and people try to give animals on the street a chance to live. I think most would say we would all love all dogs to have responsible owners and not live on the street, live in a shelter or a cage for its life. But how can this happen??

TRNCAnimalRights
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog shelter

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by TRNCAnimalRights »

could you link where you read this please? I haven't heard about this.

Also we have a petition to stop the animal poisonings in TRNC. Please sign
https://chng.it/mwCX2brJjF

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog shelter

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

https://lgcnews.com/karsiyaka-residents ... g-shelter/

I agree there are too many street animals but people do make their lives easier by feeding, neutering and accepting they live in their area. Unfortunately until responsibility for actually owning an animal is enforced there will always be street animals and I can understand why people do not want them there are quite a few that manage very well living their life out on the street with a little bit of help. A cull would of been better , if that is the way there will be no street animals before the amount of time , money and knowing the animals took place plus if this practice is put in place how to stop it happening again. Neutering within 7 to 20 years with good ownership practice it should be under control.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”