Looking for job

Job Vacancies in North Cyprus. Post them or find them.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

smudge123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Looking for job

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by smudge123 »

Any office jobs out there i have had 10 years in sales in the uk and I am good on computers aswell . Only need to show once what to do . I can work as team or on my own . I can also motivate people and help reach targets and plans. I have also done bar work aswell in the UK and over here . I have my cv to hand so I can email you at any time . The job must come with a work permit.

politemariner
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Looking for job

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by politemariner »

No job will come and meet you, Get our there and look for a job rather than disturbing the forum. #JustSaying. Not trying to be rude.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

That’s what the forum is for isn’t it??? Being disturbed !!! #just sayin

Hilltop
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Hilltop »

I was going to respond to politemariner first thing this morning, but my spellchecker kept rejecting the term "throbber"....I gave up and checked which section the OP had had the temerity to use.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Bert wrote:That’s what the forum is for isn’t it??? Being disturbed !!! #just sayin
You're not wrong!

Mind you, 'Post 2' does have a point - it's usually more productive to speak to prospective employers face-to-face...

Just Sayin

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

No job will come and meet you, Get our there and look for a job rather than disturbing the forum. #JustSaying. Not trying to be rude.
Absolutely no need for a response like this (in my opinion). You may not be trying to be rude, but that is how it comes across, to me anyway. I suggest that if you can't be positive, keep silent - I, for one, do not mind being disturbed. # Just Saying.

jazzdolly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by jazzdolly »

" disturbing the forum" ....

I would imagine it takes a lot more than this to disturb this hardened lot!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

PapaBravo wrote:...You may not be trying to be rude, but that is how it comes across, to me anyway...
You do realise that politemariner is not a 'Native English Speaker', don't you?

It can be difficult for someone to strike exactly the right note when using a foreign language and genuinely trying to give advice and be helpful...

Just sayin'

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

How does
be construed, in any language, as
genuinely trying to give advice and be helpful...
?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

B, I don't know exactly how much experience - if any - you have in Job Hunting in TRNC, but Felix Owumi (aka politemariner) has got a lot!

He has worked out that the way to get a job here is to go 'knocking on Company's doors' and introducing himself, because he found out the hard way that it's always face-to-face personal interaction that clinches a deal here, rather than a carefully crafted email or CV, or even a telephone call.

So I believe that the advice given is genuine, practical and heartfelt, and based on Felix's own experience.

I hope that that answers your question - if you want to think otherwise, then that's your prerogative...

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Actually, No it does not! If you think the response by politemariner was
genuine, practical and heartfelt, and based on his own experience
, then we have completely differing ideas of how to be helpful.

The first post was an honest attempt to see if any Forum readers could help in his job hunting quest; absolutely nothing wrong in that, and certainly nothing to indicate that he was not trying other methods to find employment. It was quite undeserving of the response by politemariner. Your attempts to justify your intervention are pointless. I suggest we agree to disagree, again.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

PapaBravo wrote:..I suggest we agree to disagree, again.
Fine!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Keithcaley wrote:B, I don't know exactly how much experience - if any - you have in Job Hunting in TRNC, but Felix Owumi (aka politemariner) has got a lot!

He has worked out that the way to get a job here is to go 'knocking on Company's doors' and introducing himself, because he found out the hard way that it's always face-to-face personal interaction that clinches a deal here, rather than a carefully crafted email or CV, or even a telephone call.

So I believe that the advice given is genuine, practical and heartfelt, and based on Felix's own experience.
Politemariner regularly contributes to/ disturbs this part of the forum, in one post Felix became Primrose from Zimbabwe?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

kerry 6138 wrote:... in one post Felix became Primrose from Zimbabwe?
I think that he let his girlfriend use his Kibkom login

politemariner
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by politemariner »

kerry 6138 wrote:
Keithcaley wrote:B, I don't know exactly how much experience - if any - you have in Job Hunting in TRNC, but Felix Owumi (aka politemariner) has got a lot!

Politemariner regularly contributes to/ disturbs this part of the forum, in one post Felix became Primrose from Zimbabwe?
No, posting and tagging my Zimbabwe girlfriend simply means she need a job. The reason I do that is personal, She tired opening an account for some months and it became so abortive, So what else would I do than to help her unveiling her interest in Jobs.

politemariner
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by politemariner »

Keithcaley wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote:... in one post Felix became Primrose from Zimbabwe?
I think that he let his girlfriend use his Kibkom login
Yes that’s because she tried registering and it was abortive. Thanks Kerry

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

politemariner wrote:No job will come and meet you, Get our there and look for a job rather than disturbing the forum. #JustSaying. Not trying to be rude.
Thanks Felix for the explanation, you didnt need to, perhaps next time you could write" on behalf of a friend."
But you use/ disturb the forum to look for employment for yourself and Primrose but chose to advise Smudge 123 the above. #just saying ?

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Spot on, Kerry.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

kerry 6138 wrote:...you use/ disturb the forum to look for employment for yourself and Primrose but chose to advise Smudge 123 the above. #just saying ?
..And he found that it didn't work!

No Job offers!

Zilch!

Nada!

The only way that he found a job in the end was by actually going around and introducing himself in person, and that was the valuable piece of advise that he kindly passed on.

His choice of wording might strike you as strange, but then he's not a 'Native English Speaker' and translations do often come up with odd / inappropriate words and phrases.

You don't seem to believe a word that I'm saying, and if you want to just keep on criticising for the sake of it, I think that I'll just leave you to it

Have a nice day!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Keithcaley wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote:...you use/ disturb the forum to look for employment for yourself and Primrose but chose to advise Smudge 123 the above. #just saying ?
..And he found that it didn't work!
!
Native English Speaker or not he doesn't follow his own advice, a recent post in this section from a potential employer which included a telephone number was answered by Politemariner for the poster/ employer to ring him back?
This along with not knowing if he's Arthur or Martha maybe why he's had Zilch,Nada job offers.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

kerry 6138 wrote:...not knowing if he's Arthur or Martha...

Return to “JOBS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”