questions regarding actual regulations if I want to install a solar system 2023

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mika
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

questions regarding actual regulations if I want to install a solar system 2023

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mika »

Dear all,

I am very much interested to install solar for our 3 bedroom house.
Our consumption is quite low (approx. 200KWh) and we are considering different options.

1.) just 2 small balkony solar systems 800Wpeak each (1.6kWpeak) which supports us during the day. In our home countries (Austria/Germany) you just buy these and plug them in. (you should furthermore fill out some documents for the electricity supplier but many people don't do that without any issue)
How about TRNC, which papers need to be filled out if we would like to install such a system?

2.) some kind of off-grid system which is connected to our main consumers (oven, fridge, water pump, ...) Not sure if that really makes sense but this could be seen as a hobby. Do we need to fill out any papers, or can we just install such a system ourselves?

I am asking these kind of questions as we heard so many different stories about what we must do to comply. From no documents necessary at all to everything must be filed and Kibtek decides within months(a year) if an approval is issued. We would like to install some panels, but do not want to go all in (seems 5kWpeak would cost us around 7.000 to 8.000GBP which is very expensive and would not make any sense at all! We currently pay around 20GBP monthly for our electricty bills)

BR,

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: questions regarding actual regulations if I want to install a solar system 2023

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Mika wrote:
Fri 23 Jun 2023 8:33 am
Dear all,

I am very much interested to install solar for our 3 bedroom house.

We currently pay around 20GBP monthly for our electricty bills)
Not cost effective given your current electric monthly outgoings, in my opinion.
libens volens potens

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: questions regarding actual regulations if I want to install a solar system 2023

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

from the legal point of view....
ANY energy system which can feed (meaning: is connected to ) the grid (for supplement your needs or feed the excess ) must go through an application process.
there are also costs involved and all is quite complicated.
in general you can say that (legal) solar systems make sense from a (inverter) size of approx 3 kW onwards.
"guerilla systems" such as "balcony solar systems" are clever, but not legal, no matter the size.

btw, also importers need permissions for solar panels, inverters and other equipment to assure "safety and grid compliance" aso, just to let you know..
TRNC is TRNC and not austria or germany...

off grid systems are a bit different, require solar panels, batteries, charger, off grid inverter but also could work during power cuts. (they are, therefore, kind of a luxury)
for those who do not want to go through applications... could take an off grid solar pool pumping system in consideration.

a1sysman is correct, as it seems it is not cost effective.

sam987
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sam987 »

I am also interested to install solar for our 4 bedroom house. I don't know my consumption but I pay approximately 100-150 GBP per month.
7.000 to 8.000GBP is very expensive for me too. What should I do ? is it cost effective for me ?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

sam987 wrote:
Thu 10 Aug 2023 11:38 am
I am also interested to install solar for our 4 bedroom house. I don't know my consumption but I pay approximately 100-150 GBP per month.
7.000 to 8.000GBP is very expensive for me too. What should I do ? is it cost effective for me ?
so, say, you pay 125 GBP in average to kibtek, of which are , say, 120 GBP for the electricity consumption itself... that comes to 1320 GBP a year.

if you need to pay 7 k for a solar system and whether this system in reality would cover your consumption or is maybe even a bit to big, is another subject, but say, ok, 7k for a system which covers all your needs..

7000/1320 = 5,3 years payback. say 5 and a half years.
after that, you basically get a much smaller bill for a long time..
this you call "very expensive"?

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”