NTV / Multimax pile of the proverbial!

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

leehardy3
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

NTV / Multimax pile of the proverbial!

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by leehardy3 »

I am utterly fed up with the service i am receiving from NTV and MULTIMAX. My interngt speed is jever above 1.6MBps (paying for 5) and my TV is unwatchable and has been for all of September. It matters not, how many phone calls i make or online support, neither has rectified the awful problem. Here i sit, Sunday morning, trying to watch F1. Not a chance. I want to watch football this evening but can pretty much guarantee that's not going to happen either. When will this be fixed? Is anyone using Digital Supreme at the moment? What is their service like. I need a consistent service. Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks in advance folks

TAFF44
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV / MULTIMAX PILE OF THE PROVERBIAL!

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by TAFF44 »

Ooops

TAFF44
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by TAFF44 »

Strange oops isnt what i typed

TAFF44
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by TAFF44 »

Last edited by TAFF44 on Wed 09 Oct 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by bargainboozeandwines »

Oopps.

Lee hardy 3

Try this company..no freezing.no pirate TV or stolen TV.works all the time.

If only the best will do then it has got to be this company..it is my TV entertainment choice.Had them now for 2 years almost and never had a problem.

The system does not use the internet which we all know is not the best here even with all the promises we get. Promises cannot be kept and broken very easy.

This system uses a card which is not shared or pirated or stolen. Give it a go if you want the best. No1 in cyprus in my very straight forward honest opinion.

http://www.satellitecyprus.net/

http://www.satellitecyprus.net/osn_cyprus/

PS. And no Hippocrits

Leehardy3. whats PROVERBIAL! mean
mandarinorientalcyprus/

https://www.facebook.com/TheRedLionAlsancak/?ref=hl

Making Life Richer For The Pourer |:) (:|

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

bargainboozeandwines wrote:Oopps.

Lee hardy 3

Try this company..no freezing.no pirate TV or stolen TV.works all the time.

If only the best will do then it has got to be this company..it is my TV entertainment choice.Had them now for 2 years almost and never had a problem.

The system does not use the internet which we all know is not the best here even with all the promises we get. Promises cannot be kept and broken very easy.

This system uses a card which is not shared or pirated or stolen. Give it a go if you want the best. No1 in cyprus in my very straight forward honest opinion.

http://www.satellitecyprus.net/

PS. And no Hippocrits
There is so many wrong implications and wrong information in this post that I dont know where to start.

If you are referring to OSN package, you should be warned that OSN does not pay for any licensing to broadcast in Cyprus. Selling/Buying/Using OSN system in Cyprus is as pirated or stolen or illegal as next available product. If you have been told to believe otherwise, you have been lied.

As OSN does not have any right to sell in Cyprus, all OSN cards, if discovered to be in Cyprus would be blocked, if they are not blocked by OSN, it only means that OSN themselves are in the business of pirating (by selling outside of their territories) which does not make it any legal regardless.

So your 'honest opinion' is not honest(not implying that it is intentional), its not valid, and its full of lies(not necessarily your lies). I am not saying it is you who is lying, but you should at least be a bit more careful and do a bit more research before spreading somebody elses lies.

http://www.osn.com/dealercontacts_en_gb.aspx

http://www.osn.com/help/showroom_locations_en_gb.aspx
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

It is legal and just the same as SKY is or is not in Cyprus,i will explain it in easy to understand words.

Others TV systems here are 100% pirated in my honest opinion (NTV) for instance. OSN is not pirated,we receive the signal outside of where it is licensed,what is wrong with that, YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING KEMAL. It does not freeze,it does not go off and on 200 times day we get what we are paying for,that is it,getting what we pay for,does what it says on the tin !

I can only talk from my experience of nearly 2 years.

4 or 5 Years ago there used to be a fool called mark who used to scare mong and say things like you have above and say it would not last,i look forward to paying my 3rd year of subscription very soon.

I believe there was no wrong implications or wrong information in my post,no more wrong than yours or the spin doctor!

But when i can watch NTV it is ok and serves it's purpose i suppose,but it has it's pitfalls as does most services that are stolen or pirated,they can stop working at the drop of a hat and there is not much that can be done about it. It is good that you can pay monthly for NTV at the moment with it being hit n miss whether you can watch it or not in some parts of the island.

Sorry that my reply is a little long winded,i get a bit passionate Anyway good luck with getting NTV set up to work better some day !
mandarinorientalcyprus/

oldie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by oldie »

sitting at pc reading coments. My present download speed is .15 and we all know what that means no TV. Have tried to raise help for past 3 days, maybe today is my lucky day.
I would suggest instead of slanging each other time would be better utilized putting your own ship in order.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Hopefully there s enough helpful information here for peopleto sort out their problems I have one aswell, Digiturk has packed up on me but I am hoping they willsort it out. No one else can

and please,guys, whilst trying to share thoughts to get answers, don't get the mud out and throw it. Cyprus seems to be oneof those places where perfection i a way off, but we are doing very nicely compared to 10 years ago.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Marion.

You are right and god knows what it must of been like 10 years ago,it was shocking 5 years ago when i arrived,onwards and upwards i suppose !
mandarinorientalcyprus/

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Ten years ago it was pontless having a mobile phone where I lived, and wifi was out of the question. so, great strides. Go back even further and ..well, I would not say quite donkey and cart, but one could walk in the middle of the road up from the Dome hotel and be quite safe! So, maybe we all expect too much, and those who are providing services have quite a struggle sometimes to give us what we want and expect.
Maid Marion of Malatya

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Having lived on the island in the in the 70's, 80's and 90's and also holidayed many times I do agree that many people expect to much. As far as the TRNC is concerned being an isolated state it is an uphill battle to provide the level of technology and services that many have experienced either in the UK or other european countries.

Up until a few years ago south Cyprus whilst always ahead of the TRNC was also finding it hard - their joining of the EU saw a lot of money and investment which is easy to see, however sadly they are bankrupt and for the average greek cypriot times are not easy.

Whilst I agree that if you pay your money you expect a service, however in the TRNC I really do believe that you have to factor in the obstacles that this state is up against. It will be a long time if ever before when we can expect the level of technology, goods and services that many of us are used to in our home countries. There will at times be shortages of goods, technology will fail and occasionally promises not met. That is life in the TRNC and something many understand and accept as there are many other reasons for coming to this beautiful place.

I am sure we have all had negative experiences from our home country of poor service, workmanship etc etc

Yes do complain directly to the service provider, but also think about why you originally came to live in the TRNC.....if its that bad then why are you here?

Enjoy North Cyprus....a corner of earth touched by heaven!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

When I first came here, it was in 'the dark ages' and that was 1989, and I loved it,l but was too fearful to come and live here, being a woman on my own at the time. To be honest I don't like the wayit is rushing into western ideals, although I would not fancy living in a cave with no intnernet!

It is important too, that we do not try to change the plce in whiich we are guests, which applies to most of us. And because it is a small place, we need to get along and try to love our neighbour, whether that is friend or foe. always remember too, that if anyone gets a reputation for being a moaner and expecting too much, soon the whole island willknow it, and one can become a personna non grata.

What is perhaps more important is that where we see something as wrong or inadequate that we try to help to put it right, not criticise or castigate.

Life can indeed be beautiful - and it is only we who can make it so. (ennd of sermon!)
Maid Marion of Malatya

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV / Multimax pile of the proverbial!

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Leehardy

Be careful as you are not aloud to speak about bad experiences on this forum as they class it as having a go at the business or company.

I highlighted my experiences 10 days ago or maybe a little less and got a 5 day ban for doing so and the post was removed,i only offered to donate the months subscription that MULTIMAX PROMISED TO REFUND ME AND STILL HAVE NOT DONE to Tulips cancer charity or to this forum to help with the upkeep and was banned and when i wrote to ask why my email was ignored,possibly the same people as the internet providers. I gave my honest opinion as to why i thought my internet was not working and i said i had just had EXTEND fitted and the old equipment was up on the roof waiting to be collected,now it has been collected so that is ok. So for voicing my honest opinion i got a 5 day ban. Buttons.Uniforms = power

Anyway im very happy with my Extend internet and with my OSN TV system, the only legal tv system along with Digiturk in cyprus. Keep it legal and you wont go wrong
mandarinorientalcyprus/

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”