Email Just received from MM

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New Internet charges, multimax

•   Message 101 of 108 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Have been told that M.M. along with all other providers are going to increase prices by 20%.
Even with the fall in the value of the Lira and the expense of new investment this seems an astounding increase!
Speaking to the help desk at M.M. no sensible justification was given
If true, this is something that would be illegal elsewhere!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New Internet charges, multimax

•   Message 102 of 108 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

thornaby wrote:Have been told that M.M. along with all other providers are going to increase prices by 20%.
Even with the fall in the value of the Lira and the expense of new investment this seems an astounding increase!
May I respectfully suggest you read all the postings on this thread?

Don't let's go over the whole thing yet again

Thank you.

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 103 of 108 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

thornaby wrote:Have been told that M.M. along with all other providers are going to increase prices by 20%.
The main way to show you're fed up with it is move somewhere else.

I just worked out my Internet and TV costs me 145tl a month.... and it works 24/7.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Email Just received from MM

•   Message 104 of 108 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I am but a simple man (as my teachers used to say) who just wants consistent internet access to do what I need to do on my computer over the internet and in the evenings watch some UK TV. If the internet was to end then so would my days in the TRNC. Sad but true.

As SatelliteCyprus says:
'In my opinion, some readers, who don't want/need a super duper, expensive internet connection, (who may just want just a 'normal', run of the mill internet connection to do emailing, surfing, a bit of 'youtubing' and to watch UK TV) are entitled to look for an alternative and to register their dismay at what 'they' believe to be 'unfair', especially when in 'their' opinion, they 'may' not consider that they have been presented with a water tight case to support the reason for the price 'hike' (for want of a better word)'

I would make too what I think are 2 more pertinent quotes both from kbasat
'You have every right to complain, complain to Turk Telekom for providing shitty service to Cyprus (we dont have any other choice here), '

'Internet Service Providers association has met and discussed all these options, realizing something has to be done. We have also realized that our internet service provision quality already suffers from reasons outside of our control (like poor quality of service from Turk Telekom, power cuts, cyber attacks etc), so the decision it was in everybodys interest that we do not make further sacrificies from the level of service our customers receive in order to compensate for exchange rate fluctuations. Thus the decision that everybody increases price instead of any other option.

We believe that customers have every right to complain, but not to us, as we are not responsible for the geopolitical problems associated with this country.'

So if the commercial customers of Turk Telekom (getting together as the TRNC ISP Association (TRNCISPA) are getting a 'shitty service' and then giving that 'shitty service to their customers' who then have the gall to complain, what exactly has TRNCISPA done to resolve the problems with Turk telecom? It may allow the ISP customers some satisfaction to know that the cause of poor service is actually being actively fought.

Is there only Turk telecom that can provide the internet to the TRNC?

Now if I was receiving a good internet service and watching TV quite happily when I wanted with only the odd minor hiccup when a no doubt highly trained and skilled worker cuts through a main cable, then when an unavoidable price rise has to occur to keep that service then I would be far more willing to accept it and pay up.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 105 of 108 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Hector wrote:Is there only Turk telecom that can provide the internet to the TRNC?
Yes, there is only Turk Telekom.

A lot of things are being doneby Internet Service Providers Association to increase the level of service to Cyprus, too much to discuss here. Doesnt help then local telekom is owned by government and your custom is not appreciated and actually its public servants would be happier if you didnt exist. Their approach to the situation is 'if you are not happy, dont buy and dont do this business'

We are trying to push things through Information Technologies and Communication Authority but they are also saying their hands are tied as long as Local telekom is not privatized.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 106 of 108 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

All justification needed is simple and has been given via many channels including by MM employees when asked.

Petrol prices have increased more than 20% in the past year.

Electricity prices have increased more than 20% in the past few weeks.

Pretty much price of every goods and services where expenses depend on the foreign currency have increased by 20% or more over the course of past year.

USD exchange rate has spiked by more than 25% over the course of past several months.

Exactly what needs to happen for you to realize and understand that an increase by ISPs are not a choice but an an unavoidable result of the current financial situation that affects many aspects of economy.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 107 of 108 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

I for one am not happy with the price increases BUT barring the odd slow buffering with MM , will be sticking with them , TL rate today now at 4.52 , which for those on GBP Income is a huge gain , for far too long we have lived in Utopia , but times are a changing
(Advertising Restricted)

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 108 of 108 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

To Hector.....

Try NETHOUSE 4 meg, you will be surprised how good it is...

There is no reason to suffer with poor internet service.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”