Ttnet

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ttnet

•   Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Multimax off again the down time is getting longer, the blame is on ttnet again

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Ttnet

•   Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The problem is with TTnet.

I really do sometimes wonder what more any ISP including Multimax needs to do to try and get the message across.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

They could send everyone an email - BUT, everyone would not get it because of the Internet. They could send everyone a text - BUT, not everyone would have a phone or even read the language it was sent it. They could put an advert in the local paper - BUT, by the time it got in the service would be back. They could drive around all their customers and explain - BUT, not all their customers would be at home. They could mount loudspeakers on a van and drive around the whole area covered and shout it out to everyone - BUT, not everyone would listen. They could put it on Facebook - whatever that is because I don't use it.

Maybe - skywriters would solve it - BUT, if it was cloudy that would not work. I guess the only answer would be a help desk - Oh, wait a minute, they already have that very overworked item in place!

I give up, I think they do the very best that they can and we should be grateful that at least MM gives out information instead of just keeping quiet.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Sadly there are those amongst us who refuse to accept explanation, ignore advice and have their own a--l agendas - as such, there will always be carping against bona fide commercial concerns. Tis a fact of life!

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

And there are those that would walk into a bar and order a pint to be served a half but pays for a pint and thanks the barman. ?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I suspect turtle you are a disgruntled MM customer or ex customer who cannot accept subject matter opinion from those who do understand the issues involved. Why not seek another ISP and gain satisfaction there rather than intimate you are being subject to false advertising or fraud? A measured physical liquid quantity is not comparable to internet provision. Apple/pear comparison springs to mind.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

turtle wrote:And there are those that would walk into a bar and order a pint to be served a half but pays for a pint and thanks the barman. ?
and complains to the brewery!

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

tomsteel wrote:I suspect turtle you are a disgruntled MM customer or ex customer who cannot accept subject matter opinion from those who do understand the issues involved. Why not seek another ISP and gain satisfaction there rather than intimate you are being subject to false advertising or fraud? A measured physical liquid quantity is not comparable to internet provision. Apple/pear comparison springs to mind.
Absolutely not Tom…no axe to grind with MM at all.
It just puzzles me that people are more than happy to accept paying for something they do not receive,.. from what has been explained (and I do understand the subject matter) the problem lies with TTnet and has done it seems for quite a while now.
All I was intimating was do the ISP’s in NC have no “collective” clout to bring TTnet to book and at least offer their customers some hope that things will improve or maybe try to secure some recompense.
I was lead to believe that there is an organisation in NC that brings all the ISP’s together as a group and surely they should be able to put pressure on TTnet or the government of NC to sort this out.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Post by erol »

turtle wrote: I was lead to believe that there is an organisation in NC that brings all the ISP’s together as a group and surely they should be able to put pressure on TTnet or the government of NC to sort this out.
There is and they are but with little result so far.

My personal belief, as someone with no direct interaction with TRNC government, TRNC state owned telco or TTnet, is that these issues are essentially 'political' and not technical or purely commercial. Nor is this an issue just between the former Turkish state owned, now privatised,telco TTnet and ISP's here. In between these two parties is the TRNC (still) state owned telco who have a monopoly position between TTnet and the ISPs here. My belief is that if it were purely technical and commercial forces at play then a solution would have been found a long time ago. I believe it is the 'political' aspect of it that is making it so hard to get a permanent resolution to these issues. Again I stress this is just a personal 'guess' as to what is going on, I have no 'inside information' that I base this guess on.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

turtle, then I apologise for my erroneous assumption. I am now getting onto the naughty step.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

kerry 6138 wrote:
turtle wrote:And there are those that would walk into a bar and order a pint to be served a half but pays for a pint and thanks the barman. ?
Well, there is only one brewery and we are forced to sell whatever they give us. At this point and the frustration situation we are in with this whole setup, my suggestion to you would be to either pay for it and use whatever is provided by your intermediary provider by the ttnet or you can stop using internet altogether.

Update for serious people:
I like to inform you that we have held an emergency meeting today, 12 Internet Service Providers attended that represents 80% of the market share and decisions were taken and actions were agreed upon in order to fix this problem hopefully for good.

It includes sending representatives of Internet Service Providers together with government officials to discuss the situation with Turk Telekom in Turkey. Also, appointments are going to be arranged to hold meetings with top political figures including Minister of Communications and Turkish Ambassador in order to discuss the dire situation that is making tens of thousands of customers suffer.

More info will come in the next several days.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed at the highest level of politics. It is not something we (ISPs) can achieve by simply complaining to Turk Telekom.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

kbasat wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote:
Well, there is only one brewery and we are forced to sell whatever they give us.

Update for serious people:

This is a problem that needs to be addressed at the highest level of politics. It is not something we (ISPs) can achieve by simply complaining to Turk Telekom.
With respect you are not only selling what the brewery / ttnet give you hence turtles analogy with the half pint,
what was the reasoning behind the list of email addresses for us has customers of TRNC isp's to complain to your supplier if has you now say the above.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Post by erol »

kerry 6138 wrote:what was the reasoning behind the list of email addresses for us has customers of TRNC isp's to complain to your supplier if has you now say the above.
Again let me stress that I have no inside information or access to the ISP of NC association than any other user of internet in NC but to me the answer to your question seems obvious ? The ISP association went public about the ongoing issues with the links out to Turkey and called on end users to email ttnet directly as a means of trying to bring pressure to bear on ttnet to rectify the issues. Yet the issues remained so they are now taking new initiatives to try and get the issue rectified, not just for their own commercial benefit but also in the wider political context of what such ongoing problems mean for the TRNC and it's citizens generally. No doubt if these initiatives also fail to achieve the desired result then further such initiatives will be planned ad executed as well. What else or different would you have the ISP association do ?

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

So what actually is the problem ?...is it technical or political

If it's technical then not a lot we can do until fixed however if its Political then can someone enlighten us all please.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:So what actually is the problem ?...is it technical or political

If it's technical then not a lot we can do until fixed however if its Political then can someone enlighten us all please.
I do not know but am willing to speculate. My speculation would be that it is both. That the political issues, re the whole relationship between the TRNC and Turkey generally, the annual 'subsidies' paid by Turkey to TRNC, the desire of Turkey to see telecoms in the TRNC privatised, issues of internet controls in Turkey and how they apply to 'transit' customers in the TRNC or not as well as the political issues between the relationship between ttnet and the state owned telco here, are impeding the resolution at the technical level. Just my own personal best guess speculation, nothing more.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

erol wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote:what was the reasoning behind the list of email addresses for us has customers of TRNC isp's to complain to your supplier if has you now say the above.
Again let me stress that I have no inside information or access to the ISP of NC association than any other user of internet in NC but to me the answer to your question seems obvious ? The ISP association went public about the ongoing issues with the links out to Turkey and called on end users to email ttnet directly as a means of trying to bring pressure to bear on ttnet to rectify the issues. Yet the issues remained so they are now taking new initiatives to try and get the issue rectified, not just for their own commercial benefit but also in the wider political context of what such ongoing problems mean for the TRNC and it's citizens generally. No doubt if these initiatives also fail to achieve the desired result then further such initiatives will be planned ad executed as well. What else or different would you have the ISP association do ?
I expect them to complain has loudly and through every avenue possible for the poor service they are recieving,

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Post by erol »

kerry 6138 wrote: I expect them to complain has loudly and through every avenue possible for the poor service they are recieving,
My understanding as per Kemal's post here, this is exactly what they are doing.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

erol, nothing less than the firing squad will satisfy some!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

erol wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote: I expect them to complain has loudly and through every avenue possible for the poor service they are recieving,
My understanding as per Kemal's post here, this is exactly what they are doing.
And this is also what michelle was doing before the MM supporter's club tried to close her down.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

A very simple, basic fact of life - TRNC is not officially recognised by anyone except Turkey - therefore all you get - and what you will have to accept - is what Turkey is prepared to provide - total, finish, end of.
Additionally, the more for which TRNC becomes dependent on Turkey (finance/subsidies, then water, next electricity? - and internet), the more TRNC becomes crippled....
Consider history, how imperialist nations (Britain, France, Spain, Portugal) kept their colonies dependent - and later, USA and USSR - they provided and (by blocking of home-made development) also kept control of their "customer" countries...
If/when TRNC is finally recognised, facilities and services of all kinds will improve a hundred fold....

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

turtle wrote:So what actually is the problem ?...is it technical or political

It is essentially a technical problem. Although we have a good idea whats actually happening ISPs are not provided with all details.

Out attempts to fix the issue though regular means, complaining/calling/opening support tickets, asking cyprus telekom for help, pressuring Turk Telekom by asking our customers to complain to them directly have all failed.

We now believe a proper resolution can only be achieved via political means, ie. Our top politicians telling top politicians in Turkey to tell Turk Telekom to fix whatever the problem is.

We are working on that.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Totally confused now ?....its a technical problem that will be sorted by political means ?.... Sounds like double dutch to me.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

turtle wrote:Totally confused now ?....its a technical problem that will be sorted by political means ?.... Sounds like double dutch to me.
He is saying that it is a Technical Problem, which TTNET have avoided putting the effort, time, expense - whatever - into trying to solve...

He appears to be hoping that Political pressure brought to bear on those in charge will 'impel' them to get their fingers out and get on with the job!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

turtle wrote:Totally confused now ?....its a technical problem that will be sorted by political means ?.... Sounds like double dutch to me.
I am really sorry I really do not know how I can further dumb it down for you not to be confused.
Keithcaley wrote: He is saying that it is a Technical Problem, which TTNET have avoided putting the effort, time, expense - whatever - into trying to solve...

He appears to be hoping that Political pressure brought to bear on those in charge will 'impel' them to get their fingers out and get on with the job!.
-----

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

The usual rude reply from the "establishment & your cheerleaders" I have come to expect.... but then again customer services are not a strong point.

So to finalize (for me anyway) The customers of NC are being had over yet again and are having to pay for the privilege...just so we know

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

turtle wrote:The usual rude reply from the "establishment & your cheerleaders" I have come to expect.... but then again customer services are not a strong point.

So to finalize (for me anyway) The customers of NC are being had over yet again and are having to pay for the privilege...just so we know
turtle, as there were only two posts after your last one, and one of them was mine, could you please either point out where mine was 'rude' or retract your comment and apologise?

I couched my explanation, for your benefit, to dispel your confusion, in terms which I judged that you would be able to understand.

Thank you in advance

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Surely this horse is dead, certainly been flogged enough. I think we need to wait for feedback from the meetings the ISP bosses are attending with the powers to be if indeed there is feedback.

Keith & turtle, play nicely
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Turtle, thank you for your pm.

Please consider the matter closed.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”