Weird computer problem.

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

The Banshee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Weird computer problem.

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by The Banshee »

We run our TV with a nearly new laptop on Windows 10, I also have an iPad. Currently I can pick up TV on my iPad without any significant problem. However the laptop which is input into our main TV is often fine but more often than not after a few minutes the picture and sound go way out of sync. Anyone have any idea how to rectify this.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Weird computer problem.

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Unfortunately no idea as to how to rectify the problem; however, an unqualified conjecture as to the cause...
I assume that the picture is processed by the graphics chip/card while the sound is processed by the audio chip. From experience of using a sound effects program on a PC, where a noticeable delay occurred between the input from a guitar and the output through speakers. This was determined to be a (common) "latency" problem with the proccessing of the audio signal.
Perhaps this "latency" effect is occurring with the video signal, the audio signal, or both to differing degrees?
As I say, sorry I have no cure, but perhaps a direction to investigate?

The Banshee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by The Banshee »

Thanks for that, definitely think I'm going to have an 'expert' deal with it ??

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Hello not sure if this is relevant to you but when we changed to Windows 10 computer I just need to plug in the HDMI lead & not the audio jack as well as I used to with the old laptop

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ozankoys wrote:Hello not sure if this is relevant to you but when we changed to Windows 10 computer I just need to plug in the HDMI lead & not the audio jack as well as I used to with the old laptop
Banshee, further to Ozankoy's post, does this still occur on the laptop if you don't have it connected to the TV?

The Banshee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by The Banshee »

Yes Keith, even if you use it 'stand alone' without the tv it still has he same problem. It is without doubt a problem with this laptop. The irritating thing is that we have watched complete programmes 'in sync' and then suddenly not ... the difference between sound and picture seems to increase the longer you watch.

The Banshee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by The Banshee »

Ozankoy, will try that later !!

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”