Internet issues

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Internet issues

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Just throwing this out there as I have exhausted all other avenues......
Our internet goes on a go slow everyday between 4-9 and sometimes more! I have contacted Multimax many times and they say-
Speed good
Cable good
Router good
It may be problem at base station our technical team will look at it ...... And that's it, I just phone again and go over same questions, our speed test doesn't always show it good and we certainly never agree/match with the Internet company

We have changed router and the cable ourselves with no difference at all.....

Anyone experience problems or have any solutions please...... Many thanks

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Internet issues

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Possible solution, change your ISP.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Keithcalley has offered excellent advice on this on previous topics. Maybe worth a look at what he suggested.

If it was me I would do a Speedtest and see what that brings up. If speed is good to a local connection then the issue is likely to be off island. If test not good then call MM immediately and explain that you have done speedtest and what results were.

Again suggest you look at previous posts on this same subject.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Sadly I think this problem I going to get wore rather than better as more and more flats hotels etc are occupied and at least one person in every apartment is on a piece of WiFi equipment at any one time. I'm sure that TV's must eat up a whole lot. The band widths of all the ISP's is only as wide as they pay and apply for and like a cake the slices are becoming smaller all the time. I'm know there is a much more technical description for all this and I'm sure someone will come on and tell you. I understand bandwidths are more significant than speed, I could be very wrong but that is what MM indicated to me.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

I think we all have this problem and it has to do with MM maybe their infrastructure at Karsiyaka cannot handle the amount of traffic I.e they want the money but do not want to invest it to give a decent service at the moment all their customer reps are busy and the speed is absolutely sh***

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Thank you for your responses it is most helpful..... I just need to find an ISP that actually works in Karsiyaka now..... I don't expect perfection by any means but I would like a more reliable service to enable me to use internet in the evenings as unfortunately the Ultimate platinum package on Multimax is not working for us right now....

Thank you once again for your replies...

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Please see my comments in the following thread

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 46&t=40221

Poppy+1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Poppy+1 »

We had our first internet provider for a significant period, we experienced reception problems from day one, constant buffering,and sticking only way to reset was turn everything off, constant loss of wi fi, viewing was hit and miss. Having had no run through on the system we were just left to work it out for ourselves, we had no idea what the problems were, leaving the whole system down from minutes to hours. Trying to raise anyone on the phone was a major issue, text or e-mail response was extremely minimal.

Many times an engineer was requested to come and check the system, when we were eventually given a visit time and date, the agreed time passed, as did the day, we phoned, either no reply or told they would be there later, no one arrived. We had the waiting game a number of times, waiting all day only for the engineer never to arrive, phones calls went unanswered. One occasion we did get hold of the engineer way past the time he was due, only to be told he was the other end of the Island and wouldn't be coming, we never did get anyone to come out.
They certainly didn't live up to the promise of a visit that day or next working day, or the 24 hour service they claim.

We remained with this supplier as we had made them aware that we were eventually going to move closer to Girne and were told we would experience a significantly improved service, sadly when we moved we didn't have the promised reception in fact things were worse, as was the
appalling Customer care. Constant text’s, numerous e-mails, all had limited if any response, when eventually getting through on the phone it seemed you were told what you wanted to hear, “someone will phone you back” they rarely did “we’re fixing it” no they didn't the problems continued.

Even when “fixed” the service was beyond bad, leaving us with unreliable, unstable viewing and wi fi, there was no warning that a problem was likely to be experienced, just everything going down, even more frustrating no explanation as to why there was an on going issue.

We endured this but after a particularly frustrating couple of weeks we researched other options, reading comments on here of which most were not favourable, other than one which stood out from the others.

Being apprehensive we took the plunge to move, some weeks on our new system is, well, all we can say is we wished we had done it SOONER !!!!!!!!! we had a run through of the system and its ability, of course we have had the odd bit of buffering, does it spoil our viewing NO, are we happy YES, do we pay 12 months up front and forgotten about NO, because 12 months up front is not required.

Who is our new supplier ?????? it’s Satellite Cyprus.

Thank you Paul for checking everything and going through the system with us and all it has to offer also for the call to advise there might be a bit of buffering, how reassuring we have someone who care’s about their customers. Great customer service. We cannot recommend them highly enough!
Last edited by Poppy+1 on Thu 30 Nov 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppy+1

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

Well done tomsteel (Post #2)

That is what I did over a 12 months period. Sign up with another isp for 3 months so you don't pay installation and try them.

There is life after Multimax... Why are so many people are obsessed yet moan about them?

When they have lost a few thousand customers the service will get a lot better... mark my words...

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Thank you Poppy+1 that is something we will certainly look into!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Lodger wrote:When they have lost a few thousand customers the service will get a lot better... mark my words...
It most certainly will - for those who stay.

Less contention = faster speed/more bandwidth

Nagi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Nagi »

Same problem with Multimax! They are cheaters!
Laterly internet is getting more worser, we have called them several times, their so called "engineers" came to the house couldnt figur out where is the problem why we are having a poor signal and they said because of the house is big, or wall are thick!!!
Anyway, we decided to take our router to them to check if there is a problem and it was they suggested to update it and because we already paid for it to Multimax they agreed to renew it. Meanwile they gave us their trial router for 3 days to see if there is only in router problem and it was working for 3 days perfectly! then after 3 days we took it to them in order to get ours but they said we have to pay AGAIN for the new router! We refused and took back this trial one.
BUT now its same problem! Why i say they are cheaters coz during the trial period it was good but starts all over again! As soon as we call them it gets a better but last for 1 day and again poor connection!
And btw, they said they will increase the price since 01.12.17!!! They have no shame! we are paying hell of the money for the sh** service! and they dont care at all about customers!!!
Now we are looking for a new provider! Any recommendations are welcome!

Thanks
Nagima

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Use the search facility!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Nagi wrote:Same problem with Multimax! They are cheaters!
Laterly internet is getting more worser, we have called them several times, their so called "engineers" came to the house couldnt figur out where is the problem why we are having a poor signal and they said because of the house is big, or wall are thick!!!
Anyway, we decided to take our router to them to check if there is a problem and it was they suggested to update it and because we already paid for it to Multimax they agreed to renew it. Meanwile they gave us their trial router for 3 days to see if there is only in router problem and it was working for 3 days perfectly! then after 3 days we took it to them in order to get ours but they said we have to pay AGAIN for the new router! We refused and took back this trial one.
BUT now its same problem! Why i say they are cheaters coz during the trial period it was good but starts all over again! As soon as we call them it gets a better but last for 1 day and again poor connection!
And btw, they said they will increase the price since 01.12.17!!! They have no shame! we are paying hell of the money for the sh** service! and they dont care at all about customers!!!

Thanks
Nagima
I am sorry but you are out of your mind if you can write all this message and still claim MM do not care about customers OR MM is cheaters...

MM provides you WITH AN INTERNET connection, and their responsibility ENDS at the end of the cable that comes into your house...

Your problem is obviously not Internet or MM related AT ALL but with internal networking WITHIN your own house.

You NORMALLY should fix that yourself, OR speak to a COMPUTER COMPANY / IT PERSON to come and sort out your INTERNAL HOUSE connection!

What does MM do? We send out an engineer just to SHOW YOU the unsympathetic customer that there is NO problem with your MM connection BUT with YOUR OWN INTERNAL NETWORK. Did MM charge you for this service? OF COURSE NO!

Then you bring your router for us to check... Did MM CHARGE your that service? OF COURSE NO!

Did MM offer you a FREE trial router that is a better spec than yours? Yes, Did MM CHARGE you for that service? Of COURSE NO!

NOTHING in your message SUGGESTS anything related to Internet... Everything you talking about seems to be related to your own INTERNAL issues...

You are blaming MM because MM are RESPONSIVE, because MM goes WELL BEYOND its CORE RESPONSIBILITIES to actually customers HAPPY...

Instead, you can tell MM do not care about customers??? So inconsiderate and insensitive...

CAR: you buy it from a dealer, take it to a petrol station for petrol, take it to a service garage for service, take it to a body shop for body works, take it to a mechanic for mechanical problems, take it to an electrician for electrical problems, buy parts from a parts shop, flat tire you to to a tire shop, not all petrol stations has to wash your car and not every carwash place needs to provide you petrol and somehow thats ok, etc etc etc

MM: internet slow call and blame MM, cannot watch TV call and blame MM, internal network problems call and blame MM, router issue call and blame MM, electricity out call and blame MM, computer issues call and blame MM, 5 computer connects to the internet and one doesnt call and blame MM and demand that they come and fix it, get the cheapest package and hit quotas everyday call and blame MM, the list goes on...

Good luck with your new provider...

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

kbasat wrote:
Nagi wrote:Same problem with Multimax! They are cheaters!

Thanks
Nagima

I am sorry but you are out of your mind if you can write all this message and still claim MM do not care about customers OR MM is cheaters...

MM provides you WITH AN INTERNET connection, and their responsibility ENDS at the end of the cable that comes into your house...

Your problem is obviously not Internet or MM related AT ALL but with internal networking WITHIN your own house.

You NORMALLY should fix that yourself, OR speak to a COMPUTER COMPANY / IT PERSON to come and sort out your INTERNAL HOUSE connection!

What does MM do? We send out an engineer just to SHOW YOU the unsympathetic customer that there is NO problem with your MM connection BUT with YOUR OWN INTERNAL NETWORK. Did MM charge you for this service? OF COURSE NO!

Then you bring your router for us to check... Did MM CHARGE your that service? OF COURSE NO!

Did MM offer you a FREE trial router that is a better spec than yours? Yes, Did MM CHARGE you for that service? Of COURSE NO!

NOTHING in your message SUGGESTS anything related to Internet... Everything you talking about seems to be related to your own INTERNAL issues...

You are blaming MM because MM are RESPONSIVE, because MM goes WELL BEYOND its CORE RESPONSIBILITIES to actually customers HAPPY...

Instead, you can tell MM do not care about customers??? So inconsiderate and insensitive...

CAR: you buy it from a dealer, take it to a petrol station for petrol, take it to a service garage for service, take it to a body shop for body works, take it to a mechanic for mechanical problems, take it to an electrician for electrical problems, buy parts from a parts shop, flat tire you to to a tire shop, not all petrol stations has to wash your car and not every carwash place needs to provide you petrol and somehow thats ok, etc etc etc

MM: internet slow call and blame MM, cannot watch TV call and blame MM, internal network problems call and blame MM, router issue call and blame MM, electricity out call and blame MM, computer issues call and blame MM, 5 computer connects to the internet and one doesnt call and blame MM and demand that they come and fix it, get the cheapest package and hit quotas everyday call and blame MM, the list goes on...

Good luck with your new provider...

K.

Kemal you must get fed up with all the time

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Been with MM for years and I find every time have been in touch with a problem they are polite and do their very best to help. Send a message if they know that there will be problems. Friends who are not with MM have the same problems but are not always treated with courtesy. I suppose living here for 30 odd years I am so grateful to have the facilities we have now. No need to be really that rude as some posts above have been. It’s frustrating but live with it or find an alternative.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”