MULTIMAX NEW DOWN LOADS

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

MULTIMAX NEW DOWN LOADS

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

Could any body shed any light on these figures. We only watch NTV and don't download films etc. So will this impact on our internet experience?

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: MULTIMAX NEW DOWN LOADS

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Won’t do any harm whatsoever and depending on usage will potentially improve

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

All quotas for Fair Access Policy has roughly been INCREASED by 25%.

Depending on your actual usage, there will be positive impact for heavy users and no impact for light users.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

How can we find out how much we use during the day. Only want to know for info purposes so I know where I stand.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Bullsnil wrote:How can we find out how much we use during the day. Only want to know for info purposes so I know where I stand.
It is only your usage in peak periods (4pm till midnight) that matter in terms of the traffic management policies. If you ring the main office number (0548 888 6629) they will be able to tell your daily peak time usage over the last month or so. We do have plans to implement an online function that will show your your current and historic peak time usage but that is probably some months away yet.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Bullsnil wrote:How can we find out how much we use during the day. Only want to know for info purposes so I know where I stand.
Many years ago (in the days of windows 3.11 or Win95!) I had a small program that monitored and displayed download totals on a daily/weekly/monthly chart. I can't find it at the moment (probably wouldn't work now) but I've found and downloaded what appears (on installation and quick glance) to be similar (slightly more versatile and wider scope) - and free - from here - after 10 minutes of trial downloading tiny and large(ish) files, it looks as though it will do what you need...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

For Android users, look for ' Data Usage Monitör ' on Google Play.

If you have additional devices on your network - laptop(s), 'phones, pads etc. - then you would need an app on each individual device if it is active during peak periods...

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

If you are able to log into your router most information regarding usage should be shown.

scaffman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by scaffman »

HI
ANYBODY CAN HELP PLEASE IN MY CASE BEING A TOTAL NUMPTY ON INTERNET .I AM WITH MM ON THE GOLD TARIFF AND MAINLY USE INTERNET FOR STREAMING FOOTBALL AND FILMS FROM SAY FROM 9PM TO SAY MIDNIGHT.WILL I BE EFFECTED BY THE CHANGES.SATURDAYS I STREAM FOOTBALL SAY FROM 5PM TRNC TIME.THANKS APPRECIATED .

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by erol »

scaffman wrote:HI
ANYBODY CAN HELP PLEASE IN MY CASE BEING A TOTAL NUMPTY ON INTERNET .I AM WITH MM ON THE GOLD TARIFF AND MAINLY USE INTERNET FOR STREAMING FOOTBALL AND FILMS FROM SAY FROM 9PM TO SAY MIDNIGHT.WILL I BE EFFECTED BY THE CHANGES.SATURDAYS I STREAM FOOTBALL SAY FROM 5PM TRNC TIME.THANKS APPRECIATED .
For those who seek to stream video content for more than a couple of hours of standard definition quality during peak hours the recommended package is and always has been the platinum , not the gold package. Having said that as far as these changes might affect you they will only affect you positively. They are increases to the peak hour volumes you have to reach before your speed is reduced from 'as fast as the hardware allows' to something slower and also increases in how low that 'something slower' is compared to before the change if you have reached the usage tiers. If you are unsure if you have been hitting the peak hours usage limits to a level that would affect streaming or not just drop us an email or a phone call and we can look at your account and tell exactly which days , if any, you have been slowed down because of peak time usage over the last month or so.

scaffman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by scaffman »

thanks Errol
thanks for that looks like i have got to upgrade.Also it depends on the speeds mm are sending out i suppose .

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”