Problems with New Version of BBC iplayer

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with New Version of BBC iplayer

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Is anyone else having problems with the new version of the iplayer? It is driving me nuts. I always download the programmes to avoid any buffering. With the new player, I am finding that although I have downloaded the programmes, part way through they start to buffer. I then have to stop the programme for a couple of minutes then re-start it after, it seems, the download has 'caught up' in some way. I have brought it to the attention of BBC but just got the bog standard response, they will look into issues, and it is new so there may be some issues....... kind of proves the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with New Version of BBC iplayer

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I'm just grateful we have it at all and watch just when I feel like it, so don't bother about downloading. As there is usually 28 days before it goes off I find that enough. To be honest I haven't noticed any difference to the layout, which I'm assuming you're referring to?

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Mrsgee, I have noticed the same issues as you. I can watch a download and then around 20 minutes in, it buffers. I have also found that if I watch it directly from iplayer that I can no longer get it on full screen unless that is because I am watching it from the tv guide. I think there are still issues with Multimax too and the signal drops off causing the connection to be lost. Until BBC sort it out I am watching iplayer via an android box with a different VPN and that seems to work well. When the internet signal drops off the program resumes without having to connect the VPN again as was happening with my laptop and multimax vpn.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

I have had lots of problems with the new BBC iplayer download. At first it worked although the same as Mrs Gee it buffered but then my download screen went blank and I cannot see any downloads at all. When the download screen was working at first and I clicked on a programme to watch the screen just came up with the audio and no picture. I have contacted the BBC and they were quite insulting by telling me to look at the FAQ, which I had already done. Apparently the blank screen and audio only screen are issues which they are looking into, although goodness knows when!! Can't watch anything now as internet not good enough to watch just catch up. No more TV for me!

Skybluearmy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Skybluearmy »

No problem here in Portugal with the new version of BBC iplayer, in fact it is far more efficient in downloading programmes to watch later, obviously with a VPN.
Nick

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I use GetiPlayerAutomator to download BBC and ITV programmes on a Mac.
https://github.com/Ascoware/get-iplayer ... r/releases

There is another version, which I believe is the original, for Windows called GetiPlayer, but have never used this.
https://www.squarepenguin.co.uk/

You do need to use a VPN for downloading if you are not in the UK.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”