channel problems

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

channel problems

•   Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Sınce I came back from the uk after 3 months I find i cannot connect to bbciplayer. Also on Channel 4 ıt wıll not allow me to watch Walter Presents, world drama but I can stıll watch any other programmes. Very strange. At thıs moment i am usıng MM VPN. Any help would be very much appreciated.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: channel problems

•   Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

I'm using Astrill vpn no problems at all

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Have a look at my message 9 for another option...

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Thank you both for your replies. I will try the easyview. Anybody had any ideas as to why i can get channel 4 ok but am unable to watch the world dramas Walter Presents.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

In relation to Walter Presents, Change the clock on your device to UK time. Thats what worked for me when i had the same problem.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Many thanks Mr Chinnery I cannot try your advice at the moment as i am having problems with my laptop at the moment but will give it a try when its sorted hopefully.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Have joined Nord VPN but still unable to access bbciplayer. Also problems with Channel 4 still. Please does anyone know of a computer guy who can sort it for me. All recommendations gratefully accepted.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

foodie wrote:Have joined Nord VPN but still unable to access bbciplayer. Also problems with Channel 4 still. Please does anyone know of a computer guy who can sort it for me. All recommendations gratefully accepted.
Try yen66 (on this forum). I know he does 'android boxes' but I would guess he can also help with your situation. His number is 0548 844 5011

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

foodie, did you see Mr B's post on the other Ch4 thread that you started?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Foodie,
Do you use any other device other than your laptop?
If not when you go into Nord VPN go to Countries and click on UK but dont let nord connect you, click on the round button with three horizontal lines across it, you will see all the servers available in the UK with their various loads per server. Search through the servers until you see server #564 and click on that to connect, then try BBC iPlayer that should work.If not it probably is your computer.
I tend to use my iPad for programming and airplay via Apple TV to the tv.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Thanks everyone for the advice especially Mr Chinnery for your very clear and easy instructions. Following them i am now connected to BBCiplayer again. Thanks Erol I will call the number you gave me as still i have a problem with Channel 4 also Keith always there to point everyone in the right direction. Thank god for Kibkom.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Foodie, Glad i could assist.
In relation to Walter Presents did you change the clock on your computer to UK time?

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Yes Mr Chinnery I did change the clock to uk time. I can get all the catagories and am able to watch it live which i couldnt get before. Its just the World drama I have the problem with. I click on it to watch and a blank screen comes on then at the top of it a white flashing band with hhtp channel 4 on demand. Its really strange. Again thank you very much for your help.l

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Mr Chinnery -
Search through the servers until you see server #564 and click on that
I took your advice and signed up to Nord VPN a couple of weeks ago ( 3 year contract for £2.30/month). Nord worked fine until last night when I kept getting the dreaded BBC Iplayer message, "you are not in the UK". Took your advice and located server #564 and clicked on to it and all is well again - thank you. How did you know about server#564, and what should I do if server#564 also fails?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Papa Bravo,
I have been using that server since the autumn and never had a problem! Tempting fate i know.
BBC is a pain as it seems to be hunting down servers to stop people watching.
If the channel goes off you can either, wait and keep trying and eventually it will come back on or go into the list of servers and try to connect with a new server there are plenty that will connect its just finding them is the challenge.
Because there are so many servers make a note of each one you try as you will lose track and end up with a headache.
I have been with Nord since about last summer and only had to change the server a couple of times before i found the one i use now.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thank you Mr Chinnery.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Hi, Mr Chinnery. After a day or so Nord vpn went off. I have been unable to find 564 again even though i have tried so many times. I am on 525 at the minute as that is the highest number i have found. I dont know why. I know i still have problems with my computer, it is sometimes hit and miss if I can get to load a channel. My internet keeps cutting off as well even though my husbands computer is still connected.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

foodie wrote:...My internet keeps cutting off as well even though my husbands computer is still connected.
If you are using WiFi to connect to your router (as opposed to a LAN cable connecting your device to the router) then you may be too far away from the router (try moving closer!) or you may be affected by some sort of local interference.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Foodie,
I have checked and i cannot find a server #525.
Server 564 is still there and working OK.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Foodie,
Try server #490

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Sorry Mr Chinnery I dont seem to be getting a lot of options. I have been going through them really slowly and I am not getting 490. It seems to be now with the Nord Vpn. I am only able to get ITV player. No BBC, channel 4 or 5. Thank you very much for all your help but I definitely will have to hand my PC over to the repair guys as it keeps disconnecting from the internet also. Hopefully I will get it sorted. Again many thanks.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Foodie,
Sign out of the Nord VPN then sign in again.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Thanks for all your help Mr Chinnery. I went on the chat line with Nord Vpn last night. It took nearly 2 hours, my fault entirely, but they were very patient with me and finally i managed to do what they were telling me to do and seems to be fine. I am now on 588. I can get BBCiplayer and the rest. Only one is still a problem with Channel 4 but only the World Dramas but i can watch that on my husbands PC when i need to. Fingers crossed. Again many thanks.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”