Slow internet speed but neighbours speed is good

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Slow internet speed but neighbours speed is good

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

I paid extra this year to get the premium service from my ISP. My internet is still so weak I can no longer make or receive phone calls via WhatsApp etc without it constantly cutting off. I want to be able to watch television through my internet as Digiturk no longer has many channels available that I can watch. I need a new television to watch tv via the internet but am reluctant to buy one if my internet signal won’t be strong enough for me to watch it. I have asked my ISP to look into it. I took my router to the office to get it checked. That was fine. I have had an extra router installed in my sitting room. Nothing seems to make it better. I switch the router on and off frequently as instructed. Helps for a while then back to weak signal. Speed test is usually in single figures very rarely goes above 8or 9 download and 3 or 4 upload. My next door neighbours have the same ISP . The same package. They can watch tv and make phone calls without any problem. Anyone have any idea why I can’t get the same service ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Slow internet speed but neighbours speed is good

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I would be inclined to ask for an Engineer to visit to investigate the issue.

If it turns out to be due to any of your equipment or the downlead, then you would probably have to pay for the visit and any parts, but at least it will sort it out!

If it turns out be be the dish, or the position that the dish is mounted, then they probably shouldn't charge you anyway.

If they can't sort it out after all that, then tell them that you are going to change ISP, and why you are doing so, and ask for a refund of your unexpired subscription.

Good luck!

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

We've had NO Internet for over a week now, very disappointed in Turkcell/ Lifecell, keep chasing up the engineers and still not visited us

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi kedikat2903,
Best to try a friends/other router,
see if the problem is similar.
If so, it's likely the ISP's equipment!

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”