Base station on the roof

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Base station on the roof

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

My friend’s house is high up on a hill and she has a base station on the roof from an Internet company. She has free internet from them but it is connected to her electricity supply. Her electric bills are extremely high. Does the base station use a lot of electricity? Should she ask the company to pay some of the bill ?

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Base station on the roof

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi, Sounds an unusual situation. The base station should have its own meter, just as advertising boards by the road do for example.

Can also check with local authority that the base station has planning permission ( I Know LOL)!

She might find that she is illegally supplying electricity - for example a friend was asked by the manager of a building site next door if they would supply electricity and they would pay all his electric bill (trying to avoid builders tariff I guess). However on them checking, firmly told it is illegal to do so and if caught by KIBTEK would have had a huge fine. So I would get them to check.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

kedikat2903 wrote:
Sun 14 Jan 2024 9:19 am
My friend’s house is high up on a hill and she has a base station on the roof from an Internet company. She has free internet from them but it is connected to her electricity supply. Her electric bills are extremely high. Does the base station use a lot of electricity? Should she ask the company to pay some of the bill ?
Our friends also have a base station on their roof and the electricity usage is minimal, like a low wattage lightbulb.

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

If in doubt about the amount of electricity used, install a "check" meter on there circuit. This is just a meter that will register how much is used for the base station and is nothing to do with Kibtek.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Thankyou for all the replies. MVP - where would she find an electric check meter please?

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

I think you would need to ask a local electrician

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

If connected by three pin plug, you could use one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CGCFYBYV? ... tails&th=1
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”