Turkcell/lifecell İnternet

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Marc111
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell/lifecell İnternet

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Marc111 »

Hello
We are in Alsancak and have Turkcell for our internet and it is frequently dropping out. Not for long periods just a minute or 2 .
So frustrating while trying to watch TV and it keeping stopping and buffering because of no internet connection.
Does anyone else experience this problem?

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell/lifecell İnternet

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Hi Marc111 - see https://kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/view ... 46&t=57136 for my experiences of KKTCELL.

IMHO, I think they are simply overloaded with users and the infrastructure cannot cope: many friends have it and put up with the glitches as it is cheaper than other ISPs. Equally their 4G (there is no thing as 4.5G, either 4 or 5G!) is poor on the mobile most of the time.

Do kick up a fuss - if not sorted can share the KKTCELL management email addresses with you if you want- seems to be the only way to get a response as their customer helpdesk is truly a joke!

Marc111
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell/lifecell İnternet

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Marc111 »

Thanks for your reply it's very in-depth and sounds like a nightmare.
Our contract goes up to June and I'll probably stick with it till then and then change provider.
Had been with multiple max for years before but had so many issues with them last year decided to go elsewhere.
Are there any recommendations to sevice providers??
We are swallows ATM

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”