Streamvia SmartDNS help

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Streamvia SmartDNS help

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I'm having issues trying to watch UK channels on my Firestick via Streamvia SmartDNS. I can access the App (e.g. channel 4) and the programme will start but after a few minutes it freezes. I've checked my network settings, re-established the DNS connection, rebooted the Firestick, etc, etc. I have had bandwidth problems recently which have now been resolved and I can watch Netflix and Prime ok so pretty sure the DNS is the issue but don't know what to try next. Any ideas please?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Streamvia SmartDNS help

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I would suggest you contact Jamie at streamvia rather than ask people on here. He is amazingly helpful and I am sure he will sort it fir you.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

mrsgee wrote:
Sat 10 Feb 2024 10:48 pm
I would suggest you contact Jamie at streamvia rather than ask people on here. He is amazingly helpful and I am sure he will sort it fir you.
How do I contact him please?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

JoandJelly wrote:
Sun 11 Feb 2024 10:09 am
mrsgee wrote:
Sat 10 Feb 2024 10:48 pm
How do I contact him please?
If you go onto your account with stream via you can raise a ticket. I have always found them very quick to respond.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Are you aware that StreamVia have changed their smart DNS? I had dreadful problems the day they did it as I didn't know until I went onto their website. If you did know then yes, I agree you will have to raise a ticket.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Thanks MrsGee and no I didn't know they had changed the smart DNS. I've been on the website recently but didn't see anything. I'll check it out.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I raised a ticket and it's now all sorted. Thanks to everyone that took the time to help.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”