Well done Dr Turk/Near East University Hospital

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

trooper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Well done Dr Turk/Near East University Hospital

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by trooper »

As a well known supporter of the British NHS I am delighted to say what a great experience we had recently with the amazing Dr Turk and the Near East University Hospital.

My wife saw Dr Turk at fairly short notice and he conducted a thorough examination of her concluding that she needed an urgent MRI scan and treatment at Hospital. She was quickly taken by ambulance to hospital where everything went like clockwork. The scan was done and she was admitted for further tests and treatment.

All involved with her care were very professional and we can find nothing to criticise. Food's not wonderful but hospital food anywhere in the world is never great. The neurologist treating my wife was charming and obviously knew her stuff, and the nursing staff were excellent. So well done to Dr Turk and the hospital.

I think it fair to say that many will not be surprised that we were impressed with Dr Turk, he is a gem and we are lucky that he is here for us.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Well done Dr Turk/Near East University Hospital

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

We have seen Doctor Turk several times, and Dr Silem, both are lovely, caring people.

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

Would agree with trooper, I have seen some very good Doctors in the UK but by far, Dr Turk is the best Doctor I have ever had a consultation with. I also had an operation in the Near East Hospital as a result of his diagnosis, again fantastic treatment and aftercare.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Dr Silem, Dr Turk and the Near East clinic, hospital and their staff are amazingly good. Last year proved to us how efficient and caring they are. We are lucky to have such professional care, so quickly, when the need arises.

Jonesy299
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Jonesy299 »

I have also heard excellent reports from Near East but we have recently had a similarly brilliant service from the team at Kolan - emergency cardiac related treatment required (including a blue light run to Lefkosia) resulted in rapid tests, in depth consultancy and diagnosis with successful treatment without the need for operating. Staff were super efficient and very caring. A very good outcome (all is well for the person concerned) and a very positive experience.

Based on our experience (I know that others will be different) I think it is very reassuring to know that we have a very efficient private health care system here with choice and access to very highly rated hospitals in mainland Turkey if required.

Of note - we have definitely seen a big improvement in the emergency care provided by the state hospital in Girne. It is a bit tatty around the edges but the medical care on hand is very good. If it's an emergency or you need a rapid diagnosis then head for town!

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I had excellent treatment last year, in the A & E Girne State hospital, for a serious asthma attack brought on by a dust cloud. I was straight in, stabilised, and back home in a little over two hours. The treatment was exactly as I would have expected, having had serious attacks on a number of occasions, and make no mistake they are life threatening if not treated quickly. The small ward where I was treated was very clean and modern, could not fault it, for an emergency situation, you are right jonesy299.

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by dan »

we saw this doctor at VIP prviuosly and again when he moved his sevices. excellent professional in our opinion.

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

For anyone looking to make an appointment with Dr Turk you can find him at Girne Near East hospital up from the Bellapais traffic lights and opposite KAR supermarket. A telephone number is (0392) 444 0535. Though I think there is a direct line - but they can put you through from here.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”