Recommendations for eye test in Girne?

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Recommendations for eye test in Girne?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Morning,

Last had my eyes tested at Near East hosp' Karakum, called today and no appointments till 17/04 - wouldn't even check with Lefkosa for appointments; must say the customer service had gone down hill considerably there!

Just want simple eye test for new prescription ((W\)) (:"()

Any suggestions for Girne, I know Dr Ogun Olay has a clinic in Lefkosa, but prefer to avoid traffic and the hassle!

Thanks in advance.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Recommendations for eye test in Girne?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Dr Huseyin at Kamiloglu Hospital but he is very busy so may not be any earlier than Near East.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Yes Dr Huseyin at Kamiloglu Hospital

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Thought I'd give some feedback on my recent experiences:

As well as Dr Huseyin at Kamiloglu Hospital, I was also given another name from Dr Turk, a Dr Hatice ARODEZLI at the Cyprus eye clinic (behind Pia Bella, near traffic lights). Dr Huseyin had no appointments for a month, Dr Hatice I saw same day as calling.

While Dr Hatice was pleasant enough, I was in and out in about min's, which seemed very quick, but told to come back in 2 weeks for a 'field test' (A visual field test measures how much you can see out of the corners of your eyes. It can determine if you have blind spots in your vision).

Only when I got home realised the written prescription wasn't very clear on some of the numbers, so would likely cause issues when getting the new glasses dispensed. Sent her an email with a copy of the prescription. After two days no response, so went back to the clinic and spoke with her secretary who agreed it wasn't clear, asking her to tell Dr I sent an email and would she respond. Secretary also asked me to send Dr H an SMS to her mobile which I did. Never got any response to any of it. Cancelled my field test as not impressed at all really.

Then managed to get to see Dr Huseyin at Kamiloglu Hospital after a cancellation; must say what a difference, test took 30 mins and very thorough. He explained my medication can cause damage to the retina and I need a field test annually as symptoms are not obvious other than via this test. Interestingly, the eye test he performed gave a completely different prescription to the one Dr Hatice issued (:Q)

I know which one I have confidence in (:Z) Anyway just my personal experience, make your own choice.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Had eye tests by the following , I personally prefer the latter two
Dr Hatice girne
Dr guvenir Lefkoşa
Dr Huseyin girne

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”