Importing 1992 car

Plumbers - Electricians - Plasterers - Decorators - Builders - Construction Companies

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

964turbo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Importing 1992 car

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 964turbo »

Hi all, just looking as to weather it's worth trying to import my old car, been told a few stories about what criteria a car needs to be to qualify as "classic", anyone know the full SP? Looking at moving out permanently next year, Regards Steve

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Importing 1992 car

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

Hi, criteria is pretty simple: >25 years means "classic", you need a dealer in uk to provide a letter stating its original purchase cost, of which you will pay about 50% of its value, plus you will pay a tax on the engine size and emissions. The cost to transport is around £1k from uk, i used EMEL, you will find hem on his site, they speak English are are extremely helpful. Regards, Kerim

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

it will cost you more than the cars worth to change plates there is no way out believe me i have tried them all to my expense and other peoples expertise or not

Witchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Witchy »

I imported my 1976 car. My husband drove it over. We had a letter stating how much it would cost new from a certified dealer. The classic car club over here were so helpful and 'held my hand' every step of the way. The import tax I paid was the price I would of had to pay had the car been new. The cost to get the plates changed over was so minimal. If you would like further info, please pm me.

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

The problem you have is your car is not considered a classic just yet so you will only be allowed to import it if you have owned it for more than five years, if you haven't, you can't bring it, it's that simple. The import taxes will be slightly higher as well. You may be better waiting until it is 25 years old.

964turbo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 964turbo »

thanks all, sounds easier to sell it in uk, can't really be bothered to wait another 3 years to bring it over, thanks for all the replies, regards Steve

Return to “TRADESMEN - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”