General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Antigen / Addapass Police

•   Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

We all know the only Catalkoy supermarket that asks for Addapass.
BUT is any other establishment asking for proof of antigen
Test. For inside areas. All seems a waste of time if it's not going to be enforced!! (:Z)( (:())

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Antigen / Addapass Police

•   Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Then why not report those who do not comply?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Be easier to report those that do.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

I go into any shop, bar or banl etc
I hold up my ada pass so if cctv live i have proved i have neen vacanayrd. Tuesday 20am went for pcr trst at old motobike shop next to lamar in karakum. I was told why you want pcr. I said so i can go inside a restaurant or bar
She said go private clinic get test.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

S&P, so book antigen on line like you are supposed to do!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sausage and pash wrote:
Tue 30 Nov 2021 11:03 pm
I go into any shop, bar or banl etc
I hold up my ada pass so if cctv live i have proved i have neen vacanayrd. Tuesday 20am went for pcr trst at old motobike shop next to lamar in karakum. I was told why you want pcr. I said so i can go inside a restaurant or bar
She said go private clinic get test.
My understanding is...

If you don't currently have any symptoms of Covid-19, you can go online & book an Antigen test.

If you are displaying symptoms then you should have a PCR test.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Yes, I'm with KC with this one. If you have any of the symptoms (Google them) then there would be no point in having an antigen test, which to be honest are not 100% accurate in any case, you might just as well cut out the middle man and get the full Monty.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

As I understand it, to go inside of a cafe or restaurant you have to have a 14 day antigen test cert. , even though fully vaccinated. As it is winter and some now feel the cold (!), and not all places have outside areas, this will not do the hospitality trade much good but presumably we won't get Covid or spread it - however, we can still go into crowded supermarkets ...... thankfully. Never been asked for my AdaPass by the way, and no, I will not report them - they are having enough problems what with the tl rate and price rises.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

sammydavis, don't bust a gut over it, I used to but I don't any longer, its just no point. I know you can do whatever you choose. Yesterday I went inside to Uncle Sams for coffee, no one took any notice of me whatsoever, so what can we do?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We went for our second booster yesterday to Suat Gunsel. Bit of a queue but didn't take long. Kind young man changed our passport details on their system as well.

I have asked this question elsewhere and thought it a good idea to do it here as well. Has anyone been able to view their own Ada pass recently? I have tried but as discussed elsewhere it just comes up with 500 internal server error. So I cannot access it to see if it was updated yesterday and as a result cannot print of a new one to show if requested.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Chriswright03, I had my 2nd booster jab last Thursday, went onto the adapass site, pressed the green button and completed all the information again including "I'm not a robot " and my new adapass including all 4 vaccination details came up

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Chriswright03, I can't get on to my original Adapass either i.e. the one I downloaded originally when all this shenanigan first started. I'm told there has been a revised one since then, but all I can find are the versions which holiday makers and businesses go on to. I'm also told that if you can find a link, and obviously Dave G has done, then everything comes up. Other than the green card, I have nothing to show that I've had 4 vax. So not bothered really, but its a nuisance having to carry those plus the antigen.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Dave G wrote:
Wed 01 Dec 2021 12:45 pm
Chriswright03, I had my 2nd booster jab last Thursday, went onto the adapass site, pressed the green button and completed all the information again including "I'm not a robot " and my new adapass including all 4 vaccination details came up
Dave could you post a link to that please as the only page I get is the one where you have to register from scratch?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

So, you go to:
https://adapass.gov.ct.tr
You are then faced with the main site but rapidly that is put into background and the "Cyprus Passenger" flash is displayed. You can either answer yes - then I don't know what happens OR you can answer NO. Additionally there is a X in the top right hand corner that I don't know what happens if you press it either.
So you pressed NO - Now the main screen comes to the front again and you need to click on "Click now to get TRNC AdaPass Code".
A new scree opens and you see the big green box on the left and a smaller box on the right under the writing that says "Get AdaPass Code - click in that small box.
Another new screen opens with a list of "Fill in the boxes" type questions on the right hand side. Caution now - Your are NOT Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. To the right of that is a X and a drop down arrow. Click on the X then click on the arrow - you may not see a little hand on the screen at the point where you click on the arrow - just click on it anyway.
The box now displays "Select Nationality" with a drop down arrow to the right hand side. Again, you may not see a little hand but click on the arrow anyway and a list of "Nationalities" will appear. Chose yours and click on it.
If you have chosen United Kingdom then the nationality should now be displayed for you - fill in the rest of the boxes as normal till you get to one marked "ID".
Again click on the X to clear the selection and click on the drop down arrow when "Chose document Type" is displayed. If your document is your passport then that is what you need, if your document type is a "Work Permit" then chose that one, if you are lucky and you are a citizen then chose ID.
Fill in the rest of the boxes, click on not a robot and answer the quiz if it happens then click on done.

I can't remember what happens next - sorry, it won't let me do it again but it does give you the full Green and White bits of your new AdaPass.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks Waddo so you are saying basically you have to start again then?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Don't know mate. That is just what I did when I got back from my second booster shot last week. I had it at the State Hospital in Girne and the lady put the details onto the system as I stood there, so I figured it would be on the system by the next day at the latest and just followed the plot on the URL I posted above.

Could not remember the way I had done it before anyway and knew that the software that gives you a 500 error would not work anyway so tried that and it worked first time. Give it a shot, nothing to lose and all your details remain the same anyway, apart from it will show you your latest jab!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yup just done it thanks Waddo. Scanning still produces the 500 error but that isn't an issue as we can now print it off and replace the old (second) one.

All I have to do now is recover from the side effects.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Good oh, I still think that the 500 error is only because the original software that used to work on every scanner has been removed and the only devices that now work and show the AdaPass details to the user are those "Organizations" who have actually registered with the Govt as was required initially. It would make sense to me and would stop the random production of fake adapass's by the unscrupulous pass sellers out there.

Why would a private citizen need to scan their own pass anyway? They will already have either printed a copy or saved it to their phones so no need to keep scanning it. The only people who need to have a scan program that reads that particular Q is a person who needs to check validity of the presented AdaPass. Good security really.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yes I agree about the code nevertheless the advice from the BRS having been told about it was to return to the Ada pass office at the hospital and get them to sort it out. Difficult to understand why the answer couldn't have been obtained by the simple call to the Health Ministry when they made it.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Anyone been stuck with this problem - applied for antigen test on line - failed due to incorrect adapass details! Checked details with adapass on line and all the same, tried again, failed again, same problem - the details from the adapass are incorrect!! Don't make sense at all so followed the next link and now going to get a new vaccination in 3 days, what for???

Now at a loss for words and thoughts so going to GAU tomorrow for antigen test and argument - lol.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Ours came up with invalid ada pass but still allowed us to register Waddo.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Mine worked fine but the Boss's was rejected - makes no sense at all when the data used came straight off the AdaPass website anyway. So I have my registration done and we will both go off to GAU in the morning to see if we can sort it out there - maybe their scanner will have better software or they can talk to the techie in AdaPass Central - lol.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Post by erol »

The whole thing is a mess. My ada pass details are all correct , 3 shots. But when I try to book the free antigen test as 'fully vaccinated' it says my ada pass details are not correct (they are). Had to use the paid test option, as it was the only way to get a test done.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I thought if we weren't working we had to pay. Then someone else suggested that if you were fully vaccinated you tick a box and it is free. If you register again on the Ada pass site does that correct your Ada pass number and allow you to book the test?

We had our new passport details put on arrival Suat Gunsel and when I signed the Ada pass site again the new number was there. Our Antigen will need renewal on Monday so I will see then if it accepts my number.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 09 Dec 2021 7:45 am
I thought if we weren't working we had to pay. Then someone else suggested that if you were fully vaccinated you tick a box and it is free. If you register again on the Ada pass site does that correct your Ada pass number and allow you to book the test?

We had our new passport details put on arrival Suat Gunsel and when I signed the Ada pass site again the new number was there. Our Antigen will need renewal on Monday so I will see then if it accepts my number.
You can get it free at the main testing centres (motorcycle shop in Girne for example). Pharmacies charge 40TL.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

I seem to have missed something - what's with this SECOND booster??? How many are now recommended then - ad infinitum??? Surely the two jabs should be enough and if these are ineffectual after say 6/7 months then the whole lot needs to be done again!! How long does a booster last, and how long between boosters?? I am not anti vax at all, but Theresa May actually spoke some sound common sense recently.

steve66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Post by steve66 »

Got my second booster a few days ago. Went onto this site this morning https://adapass.gov.ct.tr/app/kod
to get my updated adapass.
Downloaded in PDF then printed off. No problems.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

JoandJelly wrote:
Thu 09 Dec 2021 9:18 am
Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 09 Dec 2021 7:45 am

You can get it free at the main testing centres (motorcycle shop in Girne for example). Pharmacies charge 40TL.
OK thanks for that. I didn't know that but I think for 40tl I will go to the pharmacy instead of queuing for ages with hordes of folk.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

sammydavis - the simple answer is "A piece of string". The longer answer is dependent on many things, not least of which is your understanding of how a virus works, how difficult it is to produce a vaccine and wether or not you consider a vaccine is a viable alternate to catching a virus. Let me have a stab at a simple way - when Covid19 first hit the public it did what all viruses do, it spread, fast whilst changing it's makeup multiple times to protect itself against it's own destruction. Scientists then started to examine a way to stop it spreading, limit it's potential damage and trying for the ultimate (and probably impossible) vaccine that would kill it. Many vaccines were produced but because they first needed to be tested on humans to ensure that the vaccines themselves did not harm humans, it took a long time for a viable vaccine to be authorized for use. During that time frame the original virus multiplied and changed it's form many times, the production of new vaccines carried on, always behind the drag curve.

We, the human race, are not a patient bunch at all and wanted an instant cure - impossible - but vaccines were rolled out across the World, the amount and types of them essentially dictated by the cost (the vaccine companies made a lot of money) so here in the TRNC we first got Sinovac - a vaccine developed by the Chinese, where the first signs of the virus came from - because it was all we could get. The EU provided other vaccines for Cyprus and the RoC dolled them out as they felt they were needed to both sides of the Island. Some people in the TRNC received an EU vaccine and most did not, the EU vaccines proved to be more effective and longer lasting than the Chinese one but that took time to evaluate.

The original plan was for everyone to have two doses of the vaccine which it was hoped would provide a minimum of six months protection. As more EU vaccines became available and as results became available from World Wide sources it was seen that a mixture of vaccines provided greater protection and that a third - or first booster jab - extended the efficiency of the first vaccine. Now, fast forward to today, it is seen that some of the original vaccines, Sinovac being one of them is not as effective as first thought and that a fourth - or second booster jab - will prove even more effective. So there you go, get your arm ready and go get one - lol.

Remember that these Covid vaccinations are much the same as the flu vaccine, they will not kill the virus but only reduce the effects of the virus in the majority of people who catch Covid. Of course there will always be some people that the vaccines are not as effective on as others so we will still see people who have had two, there or even four vaccinations getting seriously ill and possibly deaths occurring. That is because the virus will continue to constantly change to protect itself!! Which really is the main reason that you should be wearing a mask when out and about as that in itself will reduce the spread of the virus.

So, back to the "piece of string" and how long will the vaccinations last - nobody knows but it is safe to assume that in the near future the annual Covid vaccination will become the reality that the "Flu Jab" has already become. Just stay safe out there and take care. Hope that lot has helped.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Chris/Erol, For future reference: My wife Adapass could still not be accepted when trying to book an Antigen Test yet mine worked without a problem. She then booked a "Paid" test with the local chemist. This morning we went down to the chemist to find that they are closed until the 13th of December - very helpful that. We then carried on to the GAU Medical so I could cancel my test - this as we wanted both of ours to be in sync!

Talked to the very helpful people there who took my wife details and put them into the system, gave us both a free Antigen test and told us that the Adapass system has a major fault in it that should be fixed by next week sometime. We walked back to the car but before we got there the results of our tests - both Negative - were sent to our respective phones.

If you want an Antigen test and have had ALL your jabs then I would advise going to see them if you have any problems with the Adapass not being accepted - they are really helpful people who know what they are doing!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

waddo wrote:
Thu 09 Dec 2021 1:33 pm
Chris/Erol, For future reference: My wife Adapass could still not be accepted when trying to book an Antigen Test yet mine worked without a problem. She then booked a "Paid" test with the local chemist. This morning we went down to the chemist to find that they are closed until the 13th of December - very helpful that. We then carried on to the GAU Medical so I could cancel my test - this as we wanted both of ours to be in sync!

Talked to the very helpful people there who took my wife details and put them into the system, gave us both a free Antigen test and told us that the Adapass system has a major fault in it that should be fixed by next week sometime. We walked back to the car but before we got there the results of our tests - both Negative - were sent to our respective phones.

If you want an Antigen test and have had ALL your jabs then I would advise going to see them if you have any problems with the Adapass not being accepted - they are really helpful people who know what they are doing!
:+1:)

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

Post by erol »

:+1:)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”