Can you entertain? sponsered violin marathon.....

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

the whats on where
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Can you entertain? sponsered violin marathon.....

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by the whats on where »

Sponsored violin playing marathon in aid of the Help Those With Cancer Association (Tulips)
to be held in Girne on Saturday 29th September from 11.00 am till late.
Peter Martin is organizing a marathon violin playing session and hopes to have other musicians, singers and dancers involved from time to time during the course of the day. If you would like to support the charity please pledge either a fixed sum of money or an amount per hour. He anticipates playing for between 6 and 12 hours.

He is looking for instrumentalists, singers and dancers to join him for short periods during the day. If you would like to participate or require further information please contact Peter Martin by email at [email protected]. For more info http://www.fiddlathon.net

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Can you entertain? sponsered violin marathon.....

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Nero fiiddled while Rome burned, but Pete will fiddle to set your hearts o on fire to give money to Tulips. The charity that needs so much help to help the many who are suffering from cancer. wouldn't it be good if we could get this in the Guiness Book of Records, and get enough money for Tulips to take some of the pressure from Raziye the founder of Tulips whose financial headaches are growing daily.
and if you can't be there - you can still give money/pledge/sponsor, or if you don't want to do that, don't forget the all you need to do is dial 4171 on yyour mobile and 5tl will go to Tulips and on your bil!

and tell your friends!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

banjo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by banjo »

I can't 'entertain', but with a program like that, I sure am going to be entertaint.
Have, so far, used 4171 a couple of times.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

great news, Banjo! But with a name like that I would have thought you could get up there and get 'em going. But if not, then get along and take your mates. i would LOVE to see tulips get a really good sum of money out of this. They are so desperate for money to help others, and with all the effort that peter is ptuting into this, and considering he will have bleeding fingers at the end of it (I reckon), he should raise a 'bleedin' lot of money!
Maid Marion of Malatya

sylv
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sylv »

Thanks to a lot of support, the Fiddlathon schedule has almost been completed with vitually all slots from 11am to 11pm having been filled by musicians, dancers and singers. Thanks to all who agreed to take part and it is hoped to raise a lot of money on the day.

metin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by metin »

So sorry I couldn't help out, due to my regular commitments, and the fact I'm not allowed to get tired at the moment whilst waiting to have my operation.
But I'm glad you are sorted and hope you raise loads of cash.
Dawn

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Plous Sylvia, the need to raise awareness, and hopefullyh this Fiddlathon will make more people aware of the tremendous need ot support Tulips and give money. Even if it does not raise as much as Peter would like on the day, if it helps others to think about giving, then that will make it a double success.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”