General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Is it going to rain?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Lots of dark clouds overhead in Ozankoy but Accuweather does not forecast rain today - anyone know any different?

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Is it going to rain?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

Well I have decided to risk not watering tonight (apart from a few particularly vulnerable in small pots) so it probably wont. On the other hand, the washing is still out and car windows open, so................????????

Cloud particularly dark over the mountains which often means it is raining the OTHER side of the mountains. Rule of thumb but not guaranteed we get more rain if the cloud is the other side over the sea.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

That is an interesting rule of thumb, had not heard it before! The clouds seem to have gone now thank goodness but then I did take most of the cushions in, if I decide to leave them out we usually get a sudden heavy downpour!

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

Don't know but when it does it can be amazingly localised. Have known it rain on small front garden but not on the equally small back garden. Likewise it sometimes rains quite heavily one side of the street, nothing on the other side. This is in Girne on the edge of Old Turkish Quarter. It cant be just us can it ?
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

No , its not just you Mel. On one occasion I drove from Girne (pouring with rain) to Ozankoy - the rain stopped at I left Girne, then I noticed the left hand side of the road was full of puddles but the right hand side was bone dry. The whole road became dry just short of Ozankoy (where there had been no rainat all).

AS for the cloud over the mountain, several times I have been sure it was going to rain, but it cleared up, then next day I have learned they had a downpour in Nicosia, but if there is heavy cloud over the sea then it will probably rain here.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”