General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

MOT

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Is the counter where you get your road tax the same one to pay for the MOT test?

onslow
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: MOT

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by onslow »

Yes it is.....

barrysnakes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by barrysnakes »

Denize, my first MOT is due this November, if you pay for a MOT at the car road tax counter, do you have to pre pay your MOT? how does this work please? Where do we go for an MOT? Thanks, Mrs Snakes

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

You pay at the tax office and they give you a receipt which you take to the mot place.Its the turning before Arcelik near the wednesday market in Girne. there is a police sign which says Muayene I think!

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

yes you turn up the side of the Mercedes showroom and its a turning on right, MOT's can only be done within the 2 week window when its due (the list is up in the tax office) to be on time of course you can do it after but then your due for a fine for being late
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

You also need to take your emission test certificate with you to MOT centre.
Best to have that done a couple of days before you go cos the keep changing the rules on the gap between doing emission and MOT.
Also you need registration documents and the car MUST be clean. If not and especially if they cannot read chassis number etc - failure!! This item is more important than if brakes, lights etc work.

barrysnakes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by barrysnakes »

Thanks for the answers! Do you pre pay for emmissions and is this done in the same place at the MOT's. Regards, Mrs Snakes

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Don't forget the mud flaps

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

as yes the mud flaps!!
i wonder whos family has the contract for importing them

message 6# you can have the emission's anywhere you want, there is an alpet garage opposite the old astro that does them make sure you do it just before the date the mot is due
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

Emissions done and paid for at any garage that displays the sign that they do it. Not very expensive. Only thing to look out for is the pipe that goes into your exhaust is the one connected to the computer so you get correct reading. Did see one of those deadly LH drive renaults connected to the computer but the pipe was connected to a brand new car park next to it!!!! No idea why??????

Ah mud flaps a must have but what about the red triangle, first aid kit, fire extinguisher all of which we were told to have over the years. Not to forget the cuddly toy!! LOL

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

Strange, but there are no mud flaps here in my part of Germany. I keep saying I will have some fitted on my next trip to UK, bit I never seem to have time.

barrysnakes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by barrysnakes »

Thanks for the advice, mudflaps fell off a couple of years ago!! Does any Kibkomer know how much we pay for emmissions and MOT here please? Thank you. Mrs Snakes.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I went through all this rigmarole this morning so I know it by heart now. Get your emmission test done (in my case it cost 40tl - some places vary) I took it to Girne to the counter where the licences are done - make sure you go to the first girl, the rest will let you queue and then tell you you are in the wrong place!! You show her your log book and emission test certificate and 118tl. She gives you a PINK receipt (which you won't be able to read as it's so feint). You then go to the MOT depot and show your pink receipt, the log book and emmission cert to the inspector (usually hanging around outside), He asked for the bonnet to be lifted, (supposedly to check chassis number?) then he went to the rear of the car and said OK but warned me that I ought to change the rear number plate because it wasn't yellow enough. You then go into the office with your pink form, your log book and your emission certificate. The clerk checks them again, keeps the pink receipt and then writes out an MOT certificate, valid for 3 years.

I was in and out Licensing offices in 5 minutes and the MOT depot in less than 10. As to emission test, well actually nothing was done at all, just handed over the money.

barrysnakes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by barrysnakes »

Sophie, thank you for the brilliant information, kind regards, Mrs Snakes

harita
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by harita »

I obtained my MOT on Tuesday ..
1 .. Have your car cleaned inside & out 20TL .. I also had an engine clean 35TL (haggled) for both .. Excellent job at the car wash across from the Ozankoy/Catalkoy Lemar ..
2 .. Emmission test (genuine) at Erdener garage .. Situated between China Bazaar & Erdener supermarket .. 25TL
3 .. Tax office near to the hospital for MOT form .. 118TL ..
Tax office .. From Pia Bella hotel turn right opposite Mollys' Place ..
Right down to the bottom turn left, 2nd or 3rd let .. Big building on the right ..
4 .. Police garage for MOT .. Log book, pink form & emission test certificate ..
MOT centre .. From the Colony Hotel up to the water roundabout, turn right .. Turn left by the Mercedes showroom .. Follow the police sign & drive to the front of the garage ..
Into the little office to the right hand side To get you hand written MOT.. Never even got off his a**e & gave me my MOT ..
Money wasted on the clean car, but then again he may have seen me drive in .. 11 year old car gleaming ..

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”