General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Young Pointer run over Caltalkoy.

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

We had just been for a meal at spaghetti junction and had just got level with Supreme when a guy chased the dog into the road I braked and pulled towards the side of the road avoiding him but a 4wd coming the other way hit him and did not stop, we heard the loud bang of impact so whoever was driving had got to know he had hit something, also the guy who had initially frightened the dog into going amongst the traffic saw what had happened.
We turned round and went back and managed to find the poor thing at the side of the road, obviously very injured but still breathing and attempting to raise its head.
A young cypriot guy who was on his way to work at Esentepe stopped and offered help, to whom we are grateful but the guy who initially had caused this to happen was gloating with a waiter in the gardens of the Lemon Tree Restaurent!
We made some phone calls and then with the help of the owner of Spaghetti Junction we managed to get the dog into the back of the car and took it to Ferdes of Petcross.
Unfortunately she knew straight away how bad things were for the poor thing so had no choice but to euthanise him.
She did say that he was only a young dog, maybe 7months old but if we had not g0t involved and brought him to her he would have suffered a very slow and painful death.
Obviously we are both very upset that we could not do anymore but as for the so called men who caused the dogs death, may they get what they deserve sometime soon, what is the old saying 'what goes around comes around'!

Ozangirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Young Pointer run over Caltalkoy.

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ozangirl »

that's terrible, unfortunately that's the mentality of these people !

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Makes me so angry when I read things like this.
I can imagine how upset you are.
If it is any consolation, at least you were caring enough to assist and that this poor dog wasn't left at the road side to suffer.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Just look at the good in this. You were able to show love and caring. The dog did not die alone by the roadside, and was given a dignified 'end.' without you that would not have happened! The poor thing is now happily running around in Doggie heaven with no pain and an endless supply of love!

By the way I have deleted the duplicate posting of your message.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

How on earth can people do this , that poor dog . Thank goodness you stopped .

I am lost for words , so angry and so sad

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

Msg2- Ozangirl.
What exactly do you mean by ''unfortunately that's the mentality of these people !'.
If you are from the UK you should read the papers this week-hit and runs involving human beings are de rigueur(common) in the UK.
If you don't like the 'mentality' of the people here- may I politely <--- removed by moderator --->

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I think (and I say 'think) that what message 2 meant is that this is the mentality of people such as these who exist anywhere inthe world. the mentality is one of not caring, selfishness, thoughtlessness etc. I don't think for a moment that she was judging people of this island but stating a fact that the uncaring are just that - uncaring! as is rightly said, they are in U.K, but they are to be found elsewhere. And in fact even more evil people than that can be found in other places. Just look at that poor girl being shot because she wanted ane ducation! This place is pretty good really. Mistakes and cruelty happens, but we are very blessed that it does not happen here as much as elsewhere.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

Thank you to Marions for deleting the duplication of our message,
Obviously we were very upset and angry last night over what we had just seen and been through and did not really know what we were doing when we posted.
Still feeling sick about it all but just hope that others will not look the other way or leave it to somebody else to sort if they see this happening to another animal, as unfortunately it will do!
Amongst its injuries was a broken back and it is unimaginable the pain the poor thing was going through, even though it was still fighting to raise its head and look at us.
Some people will obviously think we are too soft and ridicule us for feeling as we do over an animal that was not even ours but you live under your rules and we will carry on caring and giving as much as we can/

paula121s
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by paula121s »

Bob, in this day an age it is refreshing that people DO care, weather it be here or anywhere else in the world. While it must have been awful for uou both, you did a great kindness and should be proud for stopping the suffering.
Paula

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”