Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Drone Videos

•   Message 1 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

Hi

This time I brought my small drone for some different view points of this beautiful island. A couple of places required approval such as Bellapais Abbey and Aphendrika. No issues anywhere though and a few locals were amazed at the footage as they watched my screen while flying. Hope some of these are interesting and enjoyable for some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9PVdieJ4hj

Cheers

Andy

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Drone Videos

•   Message 2 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Wow, some pretty cool videos. Was your drone expensive? Awesome footage.

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

Trigger wrote:Wow, some pretty cool videos. Was your drone expensive? Awesome footage.
Thanks Trigger. Expensive?, I guess that's subjective but it's cheaper than most for the quality. It's a DJI Mavic Air, about £900 for the combo version, but you can get a basic version for £699. The biggest plus is it's really small, and very portable.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

AndyT wrote:
Trigger wrote:Wow, some pretty cool videos. Was your drone expensive? Awesome footage.
Thanks Trigger. Expensive?, I guess that's subjective but it's cheaper than most for the quality. It's a DJI Mavic Air, about £900 for the combo version, but you can get a basic version for £699. The biggest plus is it's really small, and very portable.
Quite pricey then. If there is any of our savings left after the mrs has finished buying sofas and bedside tables I might just treat myself. The photos / videos they produce are awesome. I thought the music you used was pretty powerful too.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

If a drone came over my UK or TRNC house I would shoot it down.

journey1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 30 in Discussion

Post by journey1 »

Wow! Beautifully presented- well done and thanks for posting

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 30 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Hedge-fund wrote:If a drone came over my UK or TRNC house I would shoot it down.
yes great scenes and enjoyed watching but do agree I do not like the one buzzing around my house especially late evening and sundays!!

Bellapais - I could see several customers houses and gardens therefore relieved i do my job!!!

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

Hedge-fund wrote:If a drone came over my UK or TRNC house I would shoot it down.
Privacy is paramount. My only videos of a village was my own, Ambelia where we own a house, and Bellapais. It's not something I would do, or to be honest, be interested to video in another village.

I've been visiting the TRNC since I was 8 (now 42), my parents have owned 2 villas, first in Karaman in 1985 to 2000, and now in Ambelia (2 doors down from us).

For me, seeing parts of the island from a different perspective is amazing and being of an age where I can appreciate history and architecture.

Thanks

Andy

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

journey1 wrote:Wow! Beautifully presented- well done and thanks for posting
Thank you

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

snd1966 wrote:
yes great scenes and enjoyed watching but do agree I do not like the one buzzing around my house especially late evening and sundays!!

Bellapais - I could see several customers houses and gardens therefore relieved i do my job!!!
Constant flying over someones property is just ignorant and antisocial. My neighbour was really appreciative as I spotted a rather large leak on her roof and she was able to get it fixed.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Good luck with the firearms licence....

Any joy shooting down the NASA satellites used for Google Earth?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 30 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Groucho wrote:

Love it Groucho! So not content with ownership of the land and property, some people now want to own the sky above them! God help them if they shoot at the Turkish military helicopters overflying properties.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

tomsteel wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Love it Groucho! So not content with ownership of the land and property, some people now want to own the sky above them! God help them if they shoot at the Turkish military helicopters overflying properties.
No problem with authorised government actions.

Amateurs flying their drones over neighbouring properties are another thing.

There are laws against it in the UK and I would definitely destroy any drone flying over my house/garden being nosey. I have a firearms licence in the UK but it would be the airgun in TRNC.

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

Don't worry, your house and garden holds no appeal for my videoing. But if you want a roof survey done FOC, give me a shout

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

AndyT wrote:Don't worry, your house and garden holds no appeal for my videoing. But if you want a roof survey done FOC, give me a shout
I live in a bungalow ta

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 30 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Amateurs flying their drones over neighbouring properties are another thing.

There are laws against it in the UK and I would definitely destroy any drone flying over my house/garden being nosey. I have a firearms licence in the UK but it would be the airgun in TRNC.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I too held a FAC in the UK for a .22 Winchester repeating rifle for a number of years. However, as the two countries' firearm rules are so different, mention of one against the other is irrelevant. You must be a super sniper to facilitate the retrieval of the air rifle and ammunition from two separate and locked sites, load the weapon and hit a moving, unexpected, drone at a height of 600 (apologies, wrong measurement - 100) metres with a slug/pellet in the time frame the target offered. I assume you have a lawfully registered firearm?
Last edited by tomsteel on Mon 28 May 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 30 in Discussion

Post by AndyT »

tomsteel wrote:Amateurs flying their drones over neighbouring properties are another thing.

There are laws against it in the UK and I would definitely destroy any drone flying over my house/garden being nosey. I have a firearms licence in the UK but it would be the airgun in TRNC.
[/quote][/quote]

I too held a FAC in the UK for a .22 Winchester repeating rifle for a number of years. However, as the two countries' firearm rules are so different, mention of one against the other is irrelevant. You must be a super sniper to facilitate the retrieval of the air rifle and ammunition from two separate and locked sites, load the weapon and hit a moving, unexpected, drone at a height of 600 metres with a slug/pellet in the time frame the target offered. I assume you have a lawfully registered firearm?[/quote]

Turkish law states 100m max ceiling, but I digress, hitting a 30cm long white object at 100m (328ft) would take some skill for sure .

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 30 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Andy T, thank you for the videos, excellent and you are free to fly or hover over my house anytime you wish! I have nothing to hide and your drone will certainly make less noise than the drunk I have to live next door to or the bar's down the road or the racing drivers who practice (and they sure do need to) up and down my road. Drones are far less intrusive than the people who insist on taking your picture then splashing it across their idiot facebook pages - when challenged they are very quick to quote the law to you, just wonder if the same laws on privacy apply to drones? I.E. if you are in a public place then anyone can use anything they wish? Makes no sense to me anyway, nor do claims of being able to shoot things out of the sky!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 30 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Did you read the comments ? 2 out of three of those are fake videos (one the video up loader admits it , the other the evidence of fakery is compelling). The one that is possibly not fake was a DJI Inspire - DJI's most expensive and largest drone. Just saying.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Yep it was meant to be tongue in cheek....

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 30 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

My young neighbour Ali has a brilliant Facebook page for his drone footage in TRNC. Check out 'Dronebook' if you are interested.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 30 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Hedge-fund wrote:Yep it was meant to be tongue in cheek....
I'm surprised you weren't shot down.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Well done that man!

https://www.lgcnews.com/man-arrested-fo ... t-a-drone/

If he wants to crowdfund the the fine.....I'm in.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 30 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

If its as small as you say, can a sudden wind current blow it off course? BTW peeps, a couple of years back I went on to Google Earth and could easily angle it to read reg number on my car and see the couple of red wine glasses on an outside table. Anyone can do it, if that's not spying then I don't know what is. There was also an App or something and it gave the impression that I was in a car slowly driving right passed some of the family houses in UK. I think you just had to type in a post code. Wish I could find it again.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 30 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 20 Mar 2021 8:12 am
If its as small as you say, can a sudden wind current blow it off course? BTW peeps, a couple of years back I went on to Google Earth and could easily angle it to read reg number on my car and see the couple of red wine glasses on an outside table. Anyone can do it, if that's not spying then I don't know what is. There was also an App or something and it gave the impression that I was in a car slowly driving right passed some of the family houses in UK. I think you just had to type in a post code. Wish I could find it again.
If you report it to google street map they will take your house off of their database.

Mine is a pixelated blur.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 30 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

H F. Not complaining about it at all, it was fascinating particularly when the "car" drove past my daughters place in Cambridge and the front door was open. I loved it. Can you remember what it was called. It was all the rage at the time. Was it actually called Google Street Map?

artshenry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 30 in Discussion

Post by artshenry »

AndyT wrote:
Sun 27 May 2018 6:59 pm
Hi

This time I brought my small drone for some different view points of this beautiful island. A couple of places required approval such as Bellapais Abbey and Aphendrika. No issues anywhere though and a few locals were amazed at the footage as they watched my screen while flying. Hope some of these are interesting and enjoyable for some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9PVdieJ4hj

Cheers

Andy

Just beautiful...I have an iPad mini 4 that I am using as a screen from my Mavic. While I do have a vision controller for the Phantom 4 and a CrystalSky. I use the iPad mini 4 for day-to-day use on the smaller birds. My Mavic 2 Pro sees the most flight time these days just due to its size and portability now that I have the Mavic Mini as you can see here , I see carrying it as a backup or B drone

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 30 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Nice pictures. Drone use is growing out here, so much for privacy! Why do people think it is acceptable to everyone to hover their drone over the top of property that is not theirs and into which they are not welcome? Would they think it is also acceptable if somebody came to their property and just walked in and took pictures of anything they wished without asking for permission? I am not against drone usage provided that there is no invasion of privacy!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 30 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

There are a couple of children not far from us that appear have anything and everything. If they start mucking about with drones and one just happens to find it way into our garden then it will be squashed asap.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”