General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Immigration Office

•   Message 51 of 79 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Friend been at girne immigration all morning. One is over 60 his partner of many years is not. Got the usual forms to say you sponsor her from the muktar.
Response was that they either have to transfer the deeds into her name or get a rental agreement for her. It's like making your wife pay rent he said to the immigration officer that it does not make sense. He agreed but says it's the law. Madness

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

That is the point Sophie there shouldn't be a panic BUT..................................Being told you have a year to do it and then when you cross the border and come back in to be told you have 30 days is two completely different things. I am not panicking but I would like to know what to do and with some certainty rather than have to rely on trawling FB and forums to find information. So to have the information from a reliable source would calm a lot of the 'panic' people are having down considerably.

I am not blaming the BRS for the confusion as that clearly rests at the Government's door but if the BRS are that stressed out with it all then why not just put up a quick post on their site or an email to members saying they are aware of issues, are working on it and will get back to people when they know more? That would take seconds and in fact quicker than it ook me to write this post.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Its only a year if you stay in the trnc many will enjoy going south or indeed plan trips outside the trnc. As soon as you go when you return you are on 30 days maybe more if you produce a title deed

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 54 of 79 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

susiesusie wrote:Friend been at girne immigration all morning. One is over 60 his partner of many years is not. Got the usual forms to say you sponsor her from the muktar.
Response was that they either have to transfer the deeds into her name or get a rental agreement for her. It's like making your wife pay rent he said to the immigration officer that it does not make sense. He agreed but says it's the law. Madness
That post really sums this whole mess up......
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 55 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

susiesusie wrote:Friend been at girne immigration all morning. One is over 60 his partner of many years is not. Got the usual forms to say you sponsor her from the muktar.
You say "Like making your wife pay rent"...Are they actually married?

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 79 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

sophie wrote:...………….why the panic!!!!
'Cos they're English with nowt else to do

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Reyntj wrote:Its only a year if you stay in the trnc many will enjoy going south or indeed plan trips outside the trnc. As soon as you go when you return you are on 30 days maybe more if you produce a title deed

Are you stating that as a known fact or is it just your interpretation of it? Not arguing with you of course as I see your point but there really doesn't seem to be any hard and fast facts. For example if like us we have 30 days then if we got out again will we be allowed 30, 60 or 90 when we return? Also what would they need for us to prove we own our property?

It truly is a buggers muddle.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 79 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

No not married. Long term partner usually means that

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,
The only way to prove you own your property is with a kocan. If you don’t have a kocan, you don’t own the property.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 60 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

susiesusie wrote:No not married. Long term partner usually means that
Thank you susiesusie, just 'dotting 'I's and crossing 'T's

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

You do not need a Kocan to get residency if you have bought a property. As you are no doubt well aware many people have waited and are still waiting years to get a Kocan. That doesn't mean you cannot show you have paid for it. Semantics aside let's not try and confuse matters further.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 79 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

susiesusie wrote:No not married. Long term partner usually means that
http://www.muhaceret.gov.ct.tr/ikamet-b ... kamet-İzni
PEOPLE WHO CAN RECEIVE FAMILY RESIDENCE PERMIT

The sponsor’s foreigner spouse who is not a TRNC citizen,

It would appear that partnerships are not recognised

This maybe a route the partner could choose.
SHORT-TERM RESIDENCE PERMIT

Short-term residence permit is issued, each time, for a period of maximum one year. The duration of the short-term residence permit is decided based on the person’s request, reason and other issues related to residence permit.
Short-term residence permit according to income: Short-term residence permit can be issued to the foreigners whose monthly income is equal to the total of 3 minimum wage or has the annual equivalent of that amount in a bank account.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,
I was answering your question, ‘What do we need us to prove we own a property’ . You need a kocan. Having paid for it doesn’t mean you own it. As you are no doubt well aware many over the years have paid for their property and never owned it and in some cases had it knocked down.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 79 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Mr Chinnery wrote:Chriswright,
The only way to prove you own your property is with a kocan. If you don’t have a kocan, you don’t own the property.
In the event that the immovable property has been purchased through concluding a contract, it is required that the payment for at least one third of the sale price has been made and the applicant must have applied for permission from the Council of Ministers to acquire the immovable property.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 79 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

No monthly income as no job here. However that equates,to about 10500 tl or yearly equivalent of 130 thousand tl . That's about 19tbousand pounds.
Who has that....

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

That doesn't answer the question though does it? Do you actually know that the Authorities at the border will accept a contract showing the tax has been paid as it states in the documentation from the Government web site or do you actually know that they will require a Kocan which not everyone will have? Just to avoid any further confusion here I am talking about when you cross the border and come back in to show you have purchased a property here what will it take to show the Officer on the desk that you do in order to get the full 90 days? Do you know because I don't and I haven't seen anyone else state as a fact what is required. There is talk of having your contract with you and then talk of that being risky if it is seen on the Greek side.

Again let's not split hairs. I am fairly sure you knew what I meant when I said owned. In general circumstances if you have paid for something you own it. What happens here with Kocans isn't the issue as well you know. Please don't make this into yet another pointless argument when many, like me are just trying to sort out just what is exactly needed to sort the residency out.
Last edited by Chriswright03 on Thu 31 Oct 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 79 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

http://www.muhaceret.gov.ct.tr/ikamet-b ... yabancilar

ALTMIŞ YAŞINI DOLDURMUŞ OLUP KKTC’DE YASAL İZİNLİ OLMAKSIZIN BULUNAN YABANCILARIN İKAMET İZNİ ALMASI GEREKMEKTEDİR.

İkamet izinleri ve vizeler tüzüğü yürürlüğe girdiği tarihten önce, altmış yaşını doldurmuş olup KKTC'de yasal izinli olmaksızın bulunan yabancılar, bir yıl içerisinde ikamet izni almaları halinde ülkede ikamet izinli olarak kalabileceklerdir.

FOREIGNERS WHO ARE OLDER THAN SIXTY YEARS AND HAVE NO LEGAL PERMISSION TO STAY IN TRNC MUST GET A RESIDENCE PERMIT.

Foreigners who have reached the age of sixty before the residence permits and visas regulation has entered into force and who have been living in the TRNC without a legal permission may remain to stay in the country if they obtain a residence permit within one year.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 68 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,
I think we must be at cross purposes here.
I was simply answering your question.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 79 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Chriswright03 wrote:
That doesn't answer the question though does it? Do you actually know that the Authorities at the border will accept a contract showing the tax has been paid as it states in the documentation from the Government web site or do you actually know that they will require a Kocan which not everyone will have? Just to avoid any further confusion here I am talking about when you cross the border and come back in to show you have purchased a property here what will it take to show the Officer on the desk that you do in order to get the full 90 days? Do you know because I don't and I haven't seen anyone else state as a fact what is required. There is talk of having your contract with you and then talk of that being risky if it is seen on the Greek side.

Again let's not split hairs. I am fairly sure you knew what I meant when I said owned. In general circumstances if you have paid for something you own it. What happens here with Kocans isn't the issue as well you know. Please don't make this into yet another pointless argument when many, like me are just trying to sort out just what is exactly needed to sort the residency out.

Entering /Leaving from the South with rental proof of purchase or Kocan

In October 2006, the Cyprus criminal code was amended to provide that buying, selling, renting, promoting or mortgaging a property without the permission of the owner (the person whose ownership is registered with the Republic of Cyprus Land Registry, including Greek Cypriots displaced from northern Cyprus in 1974) was a criminal offence with a maximum prison sentence of seven years. However, the law was not retroactive and could not apply in the Orams case.

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 79 in Discussion

Post by meldy »

Sophie, some of us have residency permits that run out soon so need to get registered now.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 71 of 79 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Meldy, I take your point, but I bet the majority are not in your position and either have a long time to go or in fact haven't got a residency. After 12 years we decided to stop, particularly when yet another Gentlemans Agreement fell by the wayside after being told we could apply for Permanent Residency after 5 years, then 7 years and then 10 years. So you can understand why I feel there is so much Smoke and Mirrors being blown around on Forums etc, that I personally am in no rush, as I bet it changes at least once more.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Update! Re: Immigration Office

•   Message 72 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Keithcaley wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 6:45 pm
Mowgli597 wrote:...

I have got until sometime in March 2021 (when our current 'Visitor status Visas' runs out) to plan my line of attack - I'm having grave doubts about how they will view a UK 'same sex' marriage certificate!
Yay! - It actually worked...

Husband as 'Sponsor' and me as 'Spouse'

Who'd have thought that TRNC would ever get this far?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 73 of 79 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Would love to be a fly on the wall when you present you're documents at the police station.
16 years, with marriage certificate in front of him,'are you married?' Yes, 'who to?' Him,
Hubby next. 'Are you married?' Yes. 'Who to?' Her.
You couldn't make it up.
Good luck.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Update! Re: Immigration Office

•   Message 74 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021 9:17 am
Keithcaley wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 6:45 pm
Mowgli597 wrote:...

I have got until sometime in March 2021 (when our current 'Visitor status Visas' runs out) to plan my line of attack - I'm having grave doubts about how they will view a UK 'same sex' marriage certificate!
Yay! - It actually worked...

Husband as 'Sponsor' and me as 'Spouse'

Who'd have thought that TRNC would ever get this far?
Did I really say that??!! o::o

SWMBO is going to have something to say about it methinks (>:)(

But anyway congratulations - to you both and to the TRNC |:) (:|

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 75 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mowgli, no you didn't say that, I did :)

The 'quote' formating on the Forum has become a little more complex since the last software upgrade, and I didn't properly proof-read my offering before I posted it.

I apologise for appearing to imply that you were 'batting for our team' ;) - I was a little careless with the editing. If divorce proceedings ensue - feel free to send the bill to me!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 76 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:
Fri 28 May 2021 5:20 pm
Mowgli, no you didn't say that, I did :)

The 'quote' formating on the Forum has become a little more complex since the last software upgrade, and I didn't properly proof-read my offering before I posted it.

I apologise for appearing to imply that you were 'batting for our team' ;) - I was a little careless with the editing. If divorce proceedings ensue - feel free to send the bill to me!
I’ll be moving in with you lads if that happens (Oo)

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 77 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

asdfghjkl !!!!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 78 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Keithcaley wrote:
Sat 29 May 2021 6:46 am
asdfghjkl !!!!
Calm down, dear (8))

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 79 of 79 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I was lost for words - not a very frequent occurence... :)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”