General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dehumidifiers

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Does anyone know where i can buy a small dehumidifier suitable for a bathroom in the north?. Don't really want to go over to the south for this.

BILLYBONDZ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dehumidifiers

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by BILLYBONDZ »

Obtained one a couple of years ago, still going strong, amazing how much water it pulls from the bedroom.........most places stock them.....not to expensive.......we are west side, and purchased it from the shop next door to ya belies fruit and veg place, on main road in alsancak.....can’t for the life of me, remember the name, even though I pass it several times a week............plenty of parking outside, helpful staff......if your west side, pop in.......I’m sure they will help you...........hope this helps.......
BILLYBONDZ

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

BILLYBONDZ wrote:Obtained one a couple of years ago, still going strong, amazing how much water it pulls from the bedroom.........most places stock them.....not to expensive.......we are west side, and purchased it from the shop next door to ya belies fruit and veg place, on main road in alsancak.....can’t for the life of me, remember the name, even though I pass it several times a week............plenty of parking outside, helpful staff......if your west side, pop in.......I’m sure they will help you...........hope this helps.......
BILLYBONDZ
Domart?

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Bought mine from Domart, very nice little machine. However being little means small water tank, which only held about one litre. However as we pull over four litres a day we had to use a separate recepticle and they did provide an extension water pipe. So on the whole very pleased with it, think it was 400 tl but not sure.

BILLYBONDZ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by BILLYBONDZ »

KEITH.........correct as always..........DOMART it is.........I knew it began with a D.......but serious gray moment I’m afraid......
Have purchased some nice stuff from them..........I knew you would come to my rescue........
You and WADDO are my hero’s........SONER will confirm this......
Regards
BILLY BONDZ

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Thanks guys, sorted now. I have someone picking one up from Domart tomorrow. Love this forum....

Samson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Samson »

If you have an air conditioner unit with a DRY mode this does exactly the same job as a dehumidifier at roughly the same running cost with no need to be concerned about amount of water drawn.....saves you cost of buying one too.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Update, No dehumidifiers at Domart, they are awaiting stock so off to the south!!!!! Samson, i know that a/c units have a dry mode, but i want to get rid of damp and humidity in a bathroom and dont want to cool the room down. A dehumidifier will actually increase the temperature in the room it is in rather than reduce it.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

A dehumidifier will actually increase the temperature in the room it is in rather than reduce it.
... Not necessarily...

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Poundland on the bypass had some last time I was in .

artshenry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by artshenry »

My problem was condensation on the windows. Honestly, I ordered the Pro Breeze Dehumidifier unit with low expectations based on its size and some of the reviews and as you know there are a lot of verities and guidelines at different sites like havclifehack, so I was confused. I've had it running for three days now and it works perfectly. My windows are dry and my hygrometer indicates the humidity is lower. It runs quietly and apparently is designed to run continuously; the unit stays cool and the wall wort is moderately warm. I had no problem emptying the reservoir. I'm very happy

Asia111

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Try Sharaf Store

Check out running costs.
Recommend paying a bit more for one that has inverter technology and economical to run. Built in humidistat a must (machine will automatically switch on when humidity high and switch off when humidity level achieved. 55 percent humidity is a comfortable level for humans as well as keeping property dry

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”