General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tansycat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

I phone

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tansycat »

Hi been a bit in the dark ages but decided time to get up to speed. What advice on what I-phone to get and one that would work in the U.K. also. Can it be possible to get ‘pay as you go’ I am with Turkcell at the moment.
Thanks in advance

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Re: I phone

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by gates »

If you are English they dont do payment scheme anymore on phone purchase so you have to pay on the day . Very expensive here it might pay to look on face book sales get good second hand one . I love the iphone myself there is an x on there at mo 4000tl . Make sure phone is registered as it can be quite expensive

Asia111

Re: I phone

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

If you spend most of your time in TRNC then buy your iPhone from your contract provider Turkcell in TRNC and your phone and sim is automatically registered By Turkcell on your behalf
New iPhones tend to be fixed in price worldwide so unless you buy a 2nd hand phone unlikely to get a deal.
When you go to UK you can either arrange and pay for roaming with Turkcell on your contract or buy a UK payg sim and swop sims whilst you are in UK or you can enter into a monthly UK sim only contract for as little as £5 per month.
If you spend 50% or more time in UK may be worth keeping things simple - buy iPhone in UK and buy a contract sim only package or a contract that includes an iPhone and sim. If you want free roaming in TRNC and Turkey as well as unlimited data, calls and mIns the best deal at the mo for sim only package is Vodafone UK - costs from £22.50 pm for a 2 year deal if you are an existing Vodafone UK customer. May be same or a bit more for new customers.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”