General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Incredibly loud noise from restaurant

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

We're living above a restaurant in central Kyrenia that makes a deafening noise several times a week. ((W\))

Have mostly measured up to 80db in our bedroom which is unacceptable. I know authorities have previously stopped similar from The Lodge, Cratos, etc. but for some reason not this one.

Does anyone know where "The Environment Protection Department" is located? I want to find out what laws exist regulating what is allowed and when and how to proceed to get this misery in order.

Maybe someone on the forum has had same problem and can provide valuable information?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Incredibly loud noise from restaurant

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

From talking to people in the past, I have gained the impression that 'the authorities' only act upon complaints - they don't have a regime of patrolling and 'random checks' as far as I can see.

I hope that your complaint is acted upon!

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Hopefully you get some where with your post. I have a similar issue with noise pollution and was wondering like you if there was such a Department here in the TRNC. My issue is not with restaurants but with Kibtek. We have newly erected power lines overhead and attached are radar balls. These balls make the most annoying noise day and night. I have contacted Kibtek and sent them a video recording of the offending balls. They, Kibtek came back saying that nothing could be done at the moment as the lines were live, and if on a later date that the power was switched off for maintenance they would indeed look at my problem.
I reported back that this could not be true, as the pylon on the Malatya side of the ravine to pylons in Ilgaz and further were NOT connected so it was totally impossible that the lines could be live. Needless to say I never got a RESPONSE to this. Don’t you just hate being lied to and take as being a fool.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Keithcaley wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:18 am
From talking to people in the past, I have gained the impression that 'the authorities' only act upon complaints - they don't have a regime of patrolling and 'random checks' as far as I can see.

I hope that your complaint is acted upon!
Keith I read your post with interest, in particular where you say the impression is ‘ the authorities only act upon complaints.’
Well I did complain and was lied to by Kibtek in response to my complaint.
I will add, When the route of the new pylons was first mentioned/planed, it was planned to run the pylons through and over the village of Malatya. The villagers complained to the authorities at this. Their complaint was acted upon at the cost of what must have been millions of TL. And the route of the pylons was redirected all around the village and over my property just outside of the village. All I’m asking for is for someone to come along from Kibtek and put right something that was installed wrongly in the first place.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

You could always counteract by blasting out classical music should you have a loud hi fi system!

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

dap2410 wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:51 am
Hopefully you get some where with your post. I have a similar issue with noise pollution and was wondering like you if there was such a Department here in the TRNC. My issue is not with restaurants but with Kibtek. We have newly erected power lines overhead and attached are radar balls. These balls make the most annoying noise day and night. I have contacted Kibtek and sent them a video recording of the offending balls. They, Kibtek came back saying that nothing could be done at the moment as the lines were live, and if on a later date that the power was switched off for maintenance they would indeed look at my problem.
I reported back that this could not be true, as the pylon on the Malatya side of the ravine to pylons in Ilgaz and further were NOT connected so it was totally impossible that the lines could be live. Needless to say I never got a RESPONSE to this. Don’t you just hate being lied to and take as being a fool.
I think there is work being carried out tomorrow on the section.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Buy some AirPod pros. Pretty good at cancelling out noise. Sometimes if you cannot beat em, join me.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

A few years ago we had a problem with noise pollution. We used this number 05338410831 for the noise pollution officer. Also there was an environmental department on 123. I don’t know if these numbers or services are still active. Worth a try though

OldOwl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by OldOwl »

Thanks kedikat,

will give it a try.

Kindest regards

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

kedikat2903 wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 6:43 am
A few years ago we had a problem with noise pollution. We used this number 05338410831 for the noise pollution officer. Also there was an environmental department on 123. I don’t know if these numbers or services are still active. Worth a try though
Thanks kedikat for your post and useful information. It’s good to know that there are people on the forum that are willing to pass on their useful advice, and information. Unlike some members that try to be humorous with unnecessary and worthless input to an issue. Yes, I’m aiming my remarks at the post that suggested I purchase iPods to block out the noise. My advice to you is; If you attempting to be funny or humorous then use the “Jokes” section of this forum. ((/)) ((/)) ((/))

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

dap2410 wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:15 pm
kedikat2903 wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 6:43 am
Thanks kedikat for your post and useful information. It’s good to know that there are people on the forum that are willing to pass on their useful advice, and information. Unlike some members that try to be humorous with unnecessary and worthless input to an issue. Yes, I’m aiming my remarks at the post that suggested I purchase iPods to block out the noise. My advice to you is; If you attempting to be funny or humorous then use the “Jokes” section of this forum. ((/)) ((/)) ((/))
It was an actual suggestion. I live in quite a noisy area and have had problems with noise for a few years. Bought some of the new noise cancelling air pods and they a game changer for me. Cannot hear upstairs / outside and have started to sleep much better.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion. Wasn’t trying to be humorous. If it’s not appreciated, I will let you crack on and won’t bother next time you ask for advice on a public forum.

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Nice for people to have a good time under the present circumstances,but I have sleep problems the noise echos from The Lodge

thickey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by thickey »

Was the restaurant there when you moved in? P:))

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”