General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Charlieboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Space mission

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Charlieboy »

Erdogan has announced that Turkey will put an unmanned spaceship on the moon by the year 2023...... didn't realise that Turkey were so flushed with money that they could afford to do that.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Space mission

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Erdogan will soon announce that he'll un-man it and take himself to the moon becoming the first Country leader to rule the world from a celestial body beating Trump by a million mile!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I would imagine that to start a space program from a standing start would cost a nice few billion dollars and I believe nearly 1000 pounds of lunar rocks, pebbles, and soil have already been bought back to earth. There’s nothing else up there.

So why doesn’t Erdogan ask to buy 50 pounds of rocks from America and save himself a fair chunk of change in these difficult times?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Fri 12 Feb 2021 4:43 pm
I would imagine that to start a space program from a standing start would cost a nice few billion dollars and I believe nearly 1000 pounds of lunar rocks, pebbles, and soil have already been bought back to earth. There’s nothing else up there.

So why doesn’t Erdogan ask to buy 50 pounds of rocks from America and save himself a fair chunk of change in these difficult times?
Give me a C
Give me an O
Give me a V
Give me an I
Give me a D

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Fri 12 Feb 2021 5:44 pm

Give me a C
Give me an O
Give me a V
Give me an I
Give me a D
So covid is the reason that Erdogan is going to waste an inordinate amount of money on something that was discovered to be fairly pointless over 40 years ago?

Little tip it always works best if you use the right punchline for the right joke.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Give him a chance, it's a cunning plan! Greece will now expend all of their energy and finance (well the money borrowed from the EU) in an effort to get there first and name it Constantinople!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

So Erdogan and Sakellaropoulou will be contesting for the first Country leader to be........................

https://youtu.be/zPwMdZOlPo8

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Well they going to miss all the economic goals they set 10 years ago in 2023 by a country Mile and it's also election year so erdogan needs a big distraction . Forget that your on the same wages and the gdp is the same as 2010 look we have achieved we sent a man to the moon!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 12 Feb 2021 11:28 pm
Well they going to miss all the economic goals they set 10 years ago in 2023 by a country Mile
Maybe they just need to amend the time frame until after people are dead when they miss a target or prediction. I can think of one 'industry' it works well for

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

From a news item re. a mysterious metal monolith in the D.R. Congo (and mentioning others around the world) -
"One that turned up earlier this month near Turkey's Gobekli Tepe, an ancient temple and World Heritage Site, transpired to be a stunt by the government to promote its new space programme."..... :wink:

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

It's amazing how man is trying to land on the moon again (?)
Pity the money spent hasn't been spent on healthcare, education or even filling the bl*****y potholes in the roads

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”