General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Home isolation-again?

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

The government is exploring the idea again of those who are 'contact's and people from abroad but are PCR negative should be able to quarantine at home.
It is costing 500,000 tl per day to keep contacts in isolation hotels .
Wrist bands and video contact are being explored again and the setting up of a dedicated team to check up of those who are isolating.
Yeniduzen.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Home isolation-again?

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Why go to the expense of new style wrist bands that never worked anyway? Police style ankle bands are very effective - so I am led to believe never having used one myself - so why not use them, dual purpose as well once Covid has declined?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

This does need to be fully explored as it will hopefully allow people to return to the TRNC. With vaccine roll out and a pre arrival PCR test then I see no issue with home quarantine providing it is correctly policed.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I agree that it is a good idea in principle but it only tells the authorities that they are in the designated place but doesn't stop uncle Tom Cobly and all to come visiting !

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Correct policing depends upon having enough police to do the job, even given the amount of police there are in the UK they still fail due to lack of available resources. TRNC stands no chance of being able to police a system based upon vaccine and PCR test prior to home isolation given that they are already seriously undermanned and can not even deal with the current lockdown curfew breakers!

Until everyone in the TRNC has received the vaccine then the only way forward is quarantine and testing for anyone arriving here. Following full vaccination of the TRNC population then by all means open the gates and let in all those who can prove that they have also completed vaccination - hard but the only way to stop it in its tracks in it's current form.

It is a very difficult balance between economy and health and it will be economy that wins in the end, once a large proportion of the population has received it's vaccination. After that I think it will just be treated as another variance of the flu and everyone will learn to live with it or die from it.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Monitoring ankle bracelets in the UK takes a vast amount of manpower. Apart from the normal checks there are numerous false alarms that have to be checked out. Here I doubt very much they will have the staffing levels to cope with however many flights they allow a day. Great in theory but practice will be far more challenging.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I agree it’s a challenge but it depends on how it’s managed and the numbers arriving.

Maybe they will recruit or form a Covid monitoring team. or maybe restrict numbers returning each week/2 weeks to ensure it is more easily managed. Add to this maybe you can only return if you have been vaccinated and have a PCR on arrival and at the end of a designated number of days.

With careful thought and planning it’s not impossible. Add to this very heavy fines for flouting the rules and that could deter those who simply cannot stay at home for an isolation period.

The argument for and against will continue but the TRNC cannot remain closed. Businesses will be lost forever and the economy will take a long time to recover. Pressure will be heavy on the government to find a solution and a plan to bring tourists back.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Why not have a £1000 bond payable before you travel to TRNC. Quarantine at home with random police checks.

Anyone found not at home during the checks loses the bond.

After the quarantine period - the bond is repaid.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Chris, bang goes that idea then - lol. The bracelet that - I think it was Near East developed - actually worked well and was cheap. That was not the one that the gov tested out and declared useless by the way. Be interesting to see who will make the next one!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Wed 17 Feb 2021 7:15 pm
Why not have a £1000 bond payable before you travel to TRNC. Quarantine at home with random police checks.

Anyone found not at home during the checks loses the bond.

After the quarantine period - the bond is repaid.
Not a bad idea.

If your caught flouting the rules then you have to pay another £1,000 bond and be quarantined again for the whole period. Alternatively you are deported.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I dont think policing is meant literally we dont have enough officers for that. Some teams of people with authority can be formed and the Zabita can do more.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Policing here for me includes the Zabita really as they do quite a lot of the more mundane stuff already I guess. Even then as good an idea as it is all I am saying is that it isn't as simple as it first appears.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

There's always 40,000 troops around that could be doing something useful......

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Plus a fine for anyone found visiting...

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

laptatony wrote:
Thu 18 Feb 2021 5:04 pm
Plus a fine for anyone found visiting...
That's the point that I have trying to make!

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Hate to say this but we are supposed to be in total lock down at the moment - only going to local supermarket / chemist unless we have permission. However, there are lots of "visitors" to homes etc... and nothing is done about that at them moment so can't imagine how they are going to police this when there is no lock down.

Main thing to do is to stay as safe as possible and look after yourselves - regardless of what others do.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”