General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

renewing residence permit

•   Message 1 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Is anyone else having a problem getting on to the website to renew their permit?

I can't remove the picture of the previous permit, to restart the procedure...

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: renewing residence permit

•   Message 2 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

On another forum same problem reported.

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Deniz1 wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 6:58 am
On another forum same problem reported.
Is there a solution? (mine runs out today :(

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 42 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Bottom left of the screen under the image of uourcurrent permit here is a renewal button. Have you tried that? I tried yesterday but mine is not due yet.

Asia111

•   Message 5 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Good Luck everyone. Keep us posted.

What happened to renewing at least 30 days before and up to 60 days before?

Hope we can get 2 or 3 year visas this year.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 42 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

DD, there is another thread about this same problem, where the originator eventually had to go to Immigration in Lefkosa to get it sorted out. Police stations cannot help with this unfortunately. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=53366&p=269808&hil ... cy#p269808

Asia111

•   Message 7 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Thanks for posting the link alphamike. Having read the posts on the link feeling very deflated. What a shambles!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 42 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I've just been reading of others with the same problem on a FB group. It says that the renewal button will only come up 21 days before your renewal is due, due to Immigration backlog....and not the 60 days as was mentioned way back. Some are getting the renewal button coming up, others are not, despite that they are almost due or overdue for renewal.

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Ok. So I hit renew, and yay, got through finally. However, it's telling me the application is going through, but I haven't even started the renewal process yet.... In fact it says 60% complete....

How bizarre!!

Asia111

•   Message 10 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

DD - perhaps immigration office so far behind they will skip the police paperwork bit on this occasion? 🤞. Good luck! Let us all know how you get on.

David86
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 42 in Discussion

Post by David86 »

Daisy Dukes wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 10:30 am
Ok. So I hit renew, and yay, got through finally. However, it's telling me the application is going through, but I haven't even started the renewal process yet.... In fact it says 60% complete....

How bizarre!!
It is normal! You will no longer need to visit a Police Statetion.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Daisy Dukes wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 10:30 am

How bizarre!!

Mine has been stuck at that 60% stage since October.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

David86 wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 11:51 am

It is normal! You will no longer need to visit a Police Statetion.
So who will examine your original paperwork, the immigration office in Lefkosa?
Last year the visit to Lefosa was completely cut out, this is not an improvement!

David86
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 42 in Discussion

Post by David86 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 12:20 pm
David86 wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 11:51 am

It is normal! You will no longer need to visit a Police Station.
So who will examine your original paperwork, the immigration office in Lefkosa?
Last year the visit to Lefosa was completely cut out, this is not an improvement!
I did my renewal this year, and the system loaded from 60%, after I waited for about 3 weeks until my application was evaluating by the immigration police. After I just paid my residence permit fee.
During the renewal I was not required to attend a police department including immigration office in Lefkosa.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 42 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

David86, One year or Two years?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 42 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

David86 I don't understand your answer. Please can you explain everything you did from pressing that renewal button. I pressed the renewal button and it went straight to being evaluated with no option to do anything else. Thank you

Asia111

•   Message 18 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Yes it would be helpful to hear from anyone who has completed renewal online this year.

Did you have to get a Mukhtars letter?
Did you have to upload the above and/or any other documentation?
We’re you able to apply for a 2 year visa and 2 years medical insurance?

Thanks in advance

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 42 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Because my original online 6 months Residence Permit, issued in September 2020, was backdated to April 2nd 2020 (30 days after I'd been over to RoC to do a bit of shopping) it was due for renewal in October, only a month after issue ! So in a matter of a couple of weeks I applied again online using the renewal button that had appeared in the bottom corner. I did not have to resubmit any paperwork. The 60% processing message appeared and about a couple of weeks later I paid the requested 6 months fee and my new permit popped up shortly afterwards, It expires on April 2nd 2021 so in another week or so I'll go online again to see what happens this time! My State health insurance is valid until October 2021.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Our latest news on this.
I've heard various time scales on renewal, amongst them you can renew 21 days before your previous permits expiry.
Well 21 days before expiry when I logged on last years certificate appeared as per normal but when I scrolled down in the bottom left hand corner a renew option appeared.
When you click on it, it asked you to put in your income per month as we are in the high income category. And my Dad said I'd never amount to anything!
I popped in an amount that I hoped wouldn't get me deported for vagrancy but not too much as to alert the tax man.
It then asked you to confirm the documents previously uploaded eg the passport and mukhtar's letter to confirm your address. We rent.
I deleted head office's passport as it had expired and uploaded her new passport.
I left last year's mukhtar's letter up as I wasn't sure what to do tbh.
Confirmed and the mobile's immediately sent a message giving us an appointment for the police station next week and to take our documents.
The appointment date surprised me as last year we had to wait 6 weeks for our appointment so maybe they are getting their act together on this.
I will take an up to date mukhtar's letter as I don't want to take any chances.

So I'd say keep logging on and checking and keep an eye on the bottom left corner, Its easily missed

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

ETS, is the requirement for paperwork in a renewal the same as the original application. Having enjoyed several years of the 'gentlemans agreement' we had to reapply this last year like many others and it does sem a little over the top to have to supply the same paperwork every year??

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 42 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:58 am
it does sem a little over the top to have to supply the same paperwork every year??
We have submitted the same paper work for the last 15 years!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:58 am
ETS, is the requirement for paperwork in a renewal the same as the original application. Having enjoyed several years of the 'gentlemans agreement' we had to reapply this last year like many others and it does sem a little over the top to have to supply the same paperwork every year??
I am assuming so.
I am not sure whether a new mukhtar’s letter is needed. I left last year’s ones up and the appointments to the next stage still came through. I’m going to get fresh one’s and take them to be sure.
Re the mukhtar’s letter it is only to confirm you live where you say so they might only need a new one when/if you move or every year? Who knows?

As for the other stuff I guess they need to ensure you have the up to date medical insurance and can confirm you can still support yourself so I guess every year for those.

Stuff like Kocans maybe not they might keep a record but I’m not the best person to ask on that.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 42 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

You definitely need a current muhtars letter.
Take every piece of paper work you can ,bulls@hit baffles brains.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

13roman58 wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 11:51 am
You definitely need a current muhtars letter.
Take every piece of paper work you can ,bulls@hit baffles brains.
Yep that’s my way of thinking, no chances

David86
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 42 in Discussion

Post by David86 »

judyvin wrote:
Tue 02 Mar 2021 4:41 pm
David86 I don't understand your answer. Please can you explain everything you did from pressing that renewal button. I pressed the renewal button and it went straight to being evaluated with no option to do anything else. Thank you
I clicked the renewal button and the system has shown 60 %. I did not submit any original documents to the police and just waited few weeks, after I checked the system again and paid my residence permit fees. The residence permit for 1 year has been issued.

I called to the immigration police and they told me to visit the Immigration Department in Lefkosa in order to speed up the process.
So if you do not want to wait, you can visit Immigration Department.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Re the renewal I can explain in more depth what happened with our applications which might help some.

Our residency runs to April each year and last year with AlphaMike's help I managed to complete the initial application and all went well except for one small problem.
Head office's passport run out at the end of February so whilst mine run to April, as usual, her residency only run to January, one month before the expiry of her old passport.

So after getting her a new passport I started to try and renew hers from December and like everyone else got the famous 60% message.
Time went on and despite logging on everyday eventually her old residency run out which was a bit of a worry.
So we got the paperwork up to date, bank statements, Mukhtar's letter old and new passports and took the plunge and went to the Police station in Girne.
Now as most of you know it is a matter of luck who you get from the very helpful to the spectacularly unhelpful. We got the spectacularly unhelpful, the Cyprus shrug and told to go to the Immigration office in Lefkosia.
So off we went, Head Office is now 5 weeks over and I am teasing her telling her she is going to be deported.
We found an information office, obviously in the lunch hour. I said let's try the repatriation office. Head office asked what happens there and I said I'm sure they'll explain on the plane. :)
Anyhow got to see a helpful lady in the office and explained the problem and she said I'll update her expiry to April. Didn't ask to see the new passport or anything bar the residents permit.
So we drove home and I'm thinking maybe I should have got the lady to update our hard copy of the permit and stamp it. She said we should be able to renew within a week or two of the expiry. Admittedly she didn't sound that confident or reassuring but still.

Anyhow next time I logged on Head office's on screen residency permit now had the April date on it. Result! So now she was legal and we are back on the same time frame.
21 days before the expiry it allowed me to renew as in my post above and we have our police appointment. Fingers crossed we get helpful Harry again as I live for the challenge!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 42 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

ETS, Good post and thanks. Hassan is the helpful one as he has been there at least 14 years to my knowledge and knows the system inside out. Will be interesting to see if you did need a new Mukhtar's letter and of course if they will allow you to have 2 years this time?

Our's don't run out till September so it will all have changed again by then I guess - who knows, we might be applying for Turkish residency or even EU citizenship by then, depending on the peace talks outcome (always hopeful) lol. Take care.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 42 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Excellent ETS, glad that you are back in kilter now.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Wed 17 Mar 2021 3:05 pm
Hassan is the helpful one as he has been there at least 14 years to my knowledge and knows the system inside out.
Most of them are pretty good, not seen this one before but Head Office said he had done her before and was very brusque. They used to split us up to see if we have our story straight. Old police trick that or has been in my experience!
I usually hit lucky but she has had a couple of dodgy ones.
Mind you they probably can spot the trouble makers and man mark accordingly
waddo wrote:

Will be interesting to see if you did need a new Mukhtar's letter and of course if they will allow you to have 2 years this time?
Re Mukhtar's letter, I'm not leaving it to chance. For the sake of 10tl I'll get a new one. I think with this online system the consequences of taking a punt and getting stuck on 70% weigh too heavy.
Two years would be nice but I fear my youthful good looks count against me there.
waddo wrote:

Our's don't run out till September so it will all have changed again by then I guess - who knows, we might be applying for Turkish residency or even EU citizenship by then, depending on the peace talks outcome (always hopeful) lol. Take care.
Well hopefully the covid would have calmed down and they knock the blips out of the online system so you shouldn't hit any speed bumbs by then.
Yes permanent residency would be great, I had hoped that when you got so many stamps in your passport you'd get residency. Bit like a Nandos loyalty card.

Stay safe

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

alphamike wrote:
Wed 17 Mar 2021 3:46 pm
Excellent ETS, glad that you are back in kilter now.
Well I couldn't get Head Office repatriated but did get a bonus drive to Lefkosia which is always good value for a navigation argument :)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 42 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 17 Mar 2021 3:56 pm

Well I couldn't get Head Office repatriated but did get a bonus drive to Lefkosia which is always good value for a navigation argument :)
You will be getting a thick ear! :lol: :lol: :lol:

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 42 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

David86 mine is still stuck at 60% with no option to do anything. My current residency expires on 22 March. I have a new passport which had to be manually updated by immigration a couple of weeks ago but the progress on the system is still at 60%
At what point were you asked to pay for your residency fees? Was it before or after your current residency expired? I note you paid 1 year. Was there an option for 2?
What did you do about health insurance?

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Judyvin. Our residency expired on 9th Feb. Had our police appt on 21st Jan. Still on 60% but I'm not concerned as it's been said that once in the system there's no problem. I'm sure it will sort out eventually. As immigration in Lefkoşa are not working this week due to a positive case detected there I'm most certainly not holding my breath!

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 42 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

We input our application onto the new residency system in 20th November, had our police station appointment on 25th December. Our previous residency expired on 20th January. My husband is over 60 so didn’t need blood tests. His application finally completed on Monday 15th March.

I am under 60 and had to do blood tests. Mine is still saying 60% immigration are evaluating your application. So my wait continues .......

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 42 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Laura B I've not been able to input anything though so have not got a police appointment. It was at that stage as soon as I hit the renewal button.

Belkin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Belkin »

Can anyone advise please our residency is due later in the year, can we start the process 60 or 30 days before? I know I have read it somewhere but cannot find it now.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 42 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Belkin wrote:
Thu 18 Mar 2021 1:31 pm
Can anyone advise please our residency is due later in the year, can we start the process 60 or 30 days before? I know I have read it somewhere but cannot find it now.
I've heard both and also heard 21 days. All I can say from personal experience is I could actually start to renew from 21 days before

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 42 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Belkin wrote:
Thu 18 Mar 2021 1:31 pm
I have seen people post on Facebook recently that the "renew" button was only available once they had hit the 21 days prior to expiry.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

judyvin wrote:
Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:23 am
Laura B I've not been able to input anything though so have not got a police appointment. It was at that stage as soon as I hit the renewal button.

Oh I see Judyvin. Sorry I didn't understand where you were stuck. Good luck with it!

Asia111

•   Message 41 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Correct me if I am wrong. I am coming to the conclusion that there may be no requirement to visit the police station for renewals providing:

Over 60
Property owner with Kocan as per previous online application
Same valid passport as per previous online application
Only time will tell if this is why some renewal applications go straight to 60%

Versus others whose circumstances have or may have changed:

Under 60 with requirement to provide blood tests
Rent a property
Passport no longer valid or will become invalid before renewal expires.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 42 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Acacia wrote:
Thu 18 Mar 2021 6:27 pm
Correct me if I am wrong. I am coming to the conclusion that there may be no requirement to visit the police station for renewals providing:

Over 60
Property owner with Kocan as per previous online application
Same valid passport as per previous online application
Only time will tell if this is why some renewal applications go straight to 60%

Versus others whose circumstances have or may have changed:

Under 60 with requirement to provide blood tests
Rent a property
Passport no longer valid or will become invalid before renewal expires.

You're wrong

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”