General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Crossing point questions

•   Message 101 of 102 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I started this thread and would like to thank everyone for their contribution.

To summarise: It looks like we on the North side can at the moment come and go freely to go shopping without penalty. Is it right that at present the crossing point computers are not " linked " to the airport computers? We have flights booked in February next year and dont want to put those at risk by starting the 90 day rule.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Crossing point questions

•   Message 102 of 102 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

iancrumpy wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:22 pm
frontalman wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021 3:53 pm
I have crossed over at Beyarmudu in the past with a British couple who both have kimlik cards (long story), and they had no problem whatsoever.
Thanks for that Frontalman.

As Erol stated in message 70, the south-side authorities do not class all TRNC citizen as "Cypriots" - For a TC to be accepted as "Cypriot", at least one of the parents needs to have been born in Cyprus (My TC wife actually says both parents, but we are not sure on that.) Being married to a south-side-accepted "Cypriot" should entitle me to also being accepted as "Cypriot".

Probably between 30 and 40% of TRNC citizens are not accepted by the south-side as "Cypriot" - They are regarded as "settlers" and so are not allowed to cross into the south.

As also stated by Erol, but in message 83, there are two levels of RoC citizenship ... but, at least for the time being, this first level would suffice for my wife and I.

As to what happened that day at Beyarmudu, we might get an idea by reading messages 59 and 60 from Waddo and Soner - ie. there would seem to be a few communication difficulties between the SBA police and the south-side authorities. Or maybe the main factor in all this is the mood of the person working in the hut on that day.
The couple in question used to cross over quite regularly with no problem, I believe.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”