General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Kay123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Travelling out of Larnaca

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Kay123 »

Just to give some feedback about my journey so far…. Crossing the border at Pile was fine but the SBA Police gave me a written notice with a 90 day Visa. I asked the policeman if it was ok to come back through the border and he said yes. So got to Larnaca airport, check in was no problem but they did question my PCR test certificate as it was done in the north by a private lab and asked if i was from “The Other Side” !! Then immigration….he looked at every page of my passport, saw all my residency stamps and told me that I was not allowed back into the ROC for 6 months!!! Urmmm I have a return ticket !!!! So it looks like I will have to buy another ticket from Dubai to Istanbul and Ercan. Unless anyone can shed light on why the SBA gave me a 90 day visa and Immigration said I cant come back in for 6 months!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Travelling out of Larnaca

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Kay123 wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 1:36 pm
Just to give some feedback about my journey so far…. Crossing the border at Pile was fine but the SBA Police gave me a written notice with a 90 day Visa. I asked the policeman if it was ok to come back through the border and he said yes. So got to Larnaca airport, check in was no problem but they did question my PCR test certificate as it was done in the north by a private lab and asked if i was from “The Other Side” !! Then immigration….he looked at every page of my passport, saw all my residency stamps and told me that I was not allowed back into the ROC for 6 months!!! Urmmm I have a return ticket !!!! So it looks like I will have to buy another ticket from Dubai to Istanbul and Ercan. Unless anyone can shed light on why the SBA gave me a 90 day visa and Immigration said I cant come back in for 6 months!
Keep the paper that the SBA gave you, then produce it (if you have to) when you make the return journey. It is more likely that you had a right winged immigration officer using tactics to keep you away because you stayed in TRNC. Your 90 days started when you entered RoC via the SBA base. You fly out on same day so have only used 1 day out of your 90 in 180 days allowance.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Kay123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Kay123 »

Thank you Soner…..its all very confusing …..my next problem coming back is the cyprus flight pass ….. asking for vaccination details. I have had 2 doses of sinovac but its not listed on their approved vaccines or TRNC/Turkey as asked on the form from which country were you vaccinated. Also had conflicting reports on what address to use. Do you put a south address or my home address? Now the south has gone into the red zone….any advice?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Kay123 wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:37 am
Thank you Soner…..its all very confusing …..my next problem coming back is the cyprus flight pass ….. asking for vaccination details. I have had 2 doses of sinovac but its not listed on their approved vaccines or TRNC/Turkey as asked on the form from which country were you vaccinated. Also had conflicting reports on what address to use. Do you put a south address or my home address? Now the south has gone into the red zone….any advice?
I don't want to give you wrong information, so probably better to find out on the forum first hand experiences from people in similar situation.

My cousin came over from UK last month and on Cyprus Flight Pass he had entered TRNC address, this was not a problem as they let him through. He did, however, use is RoC ID and not his British Passport.

As far as I understand in so far, with all the constant new information coming out, Sinovac is accepted by the RoC: https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/10/coro ... ed-status/
If the online Cyprus Flight Pass Form does not have Turkey/TRNC as an option nor Sinovac as a vaccine, the RoC Cyprus Flight form has an alternative link for when their system is not working, this form does not even ask about vaccines: https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/uploads ... 132632.pdf
Maybe fill this in and, when asked, present them with your Green Vaccine Cards.
Get a PCR Test done before you leave, as long as 14 days or more have passed since your 2nd vaccination, then you should be fine to travel into RoC and over to TRNC.

If anyone has already arrived through RoC and had similar issues, please advise.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

A friend of mine came to trnc via larnaca. He has done residency but may want to visit/transit the south in the future.

When he is nearing the 90 days given on entry to larnaca and wants to go back out via larnaca and return into ercan. Preferably without quarantine.

Any ideas?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 11:51 am
A friend of mine came to trnc via larnaca. He has done residency but may want to visit/transit the south in the future.

When he is nearing the 90 days given on entry to larnaca and wants to go back out via larnaca and return into ercan. Preferably without quarantine.

Any ideas?
Hedge Fund, I am only going on what I currently understand of all this mess.

All depends on when he entered RoC. If before 90-180 visa, then there is no visa issued on his arrival. We were all free to come and go as we pleased.

If after 90-180 visa issued (date unknown when started, but when I asked Greek Customs if they had issued a 90 visa when I crossed back from RoC to TRNC last Saturday 10/07/21, they checked their system and said "yes" I had 90 days issued).

If he has been in the TRNC for some while, then he should not have problem crossing over to RoC, and he will be registered by Greek Customs as receiving 90-180 visa.

If he crosses by SBA base, then they are not linked with RoC immigration, so no in or out recorded on that side.

If he has been in TRNC and worried about getting a fine for overstay, I do not think this can be implemented as visa was not given on entry. Other members have recently left TRNC after 2 years via RoC Larnaca Airport, without any issues.

As for returning via Ercan, UK is I believe on TRNC/Turkey's Red or Dark Red list:

DARK RED;

People who have travelled to these countries in the last 14 days are forbidden from entering the country.
TRNC citizens will be able to enter the country on the condition of a negative PCR test result from within the last 72 hours and upon entry to the island, and 14 days of quarantine.

RED;

Regardless of whether or not they have been vaccinated, entry to the country will be on condition of a pre-departure negative PCR result from the last 72 hours and a 10-day quarantine.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”