General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

No mandatory testing for vaccinated people

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Announcement that people that have been vaccinated don’t have to have a pcr to enter closed areas. Or at least that is how I read it.

https://www.yeniduzen.com/ingiltereden- ... 42323h.htm

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: No mandatory testing for vaccinated people

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wish they would make up their (whoever they are) minds.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I wish people would do what they are told to do and follow all the rules! Then they (whoever they are) would not have to change their minds so often!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

waddo wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:58 am
I wish people would do what they are told to do and follow all the rules! Then they (whoever they are) would not have to change their minds so often!
I agree people need to follow the rules, however, it’s not just this country that rule following is an issue, it’s the world over. Some people do not realise how dangerous the problem is, some people just don’t care and some people are just desperate to make a living to feed their families. Even since we have been back to north cyprus, we have seen the affect on businesses. Some closed, some reduced to a trickle. It’s very sad.

However, to me, this latest change came about due to the testing centres being swamped by people wanting pcr’s for work / leisure reasons, no?

Anyway, a couple of questions I have about this latest decision is, 1, can it be an approved vaccination from a different country? 2, can i just show a picture of my certificate on my phone? Or do I need to carry around a print out of my certificate?

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

I wish it was all over sick to death of the whole thing
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

TAC wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 9:29 am
Snap! I'm meant to be a patient coordinator but feel more like a travel agent!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:58 am
I wish people would do what they are told to do and follow all the rules!
And that’s how it starts.....😉

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

Trigger wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:30 pm
Announcement that people that have been vaccinated don’t have to have a pcr to enter closed areas. Or at least that is how I read it.

The Gov.UK Foreign Travel Advice CYPRUS site this morning at 11.24 published an update saying ROC does not need PCR but entering North does need PCR For people with 2 jabs evidenced.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Ah, the answer is so simple! Yes, you can unless you can’t but if you can’t because you haven’t then you can later when you can’t because you can! There is a thought that you would if you could but that you won’t if you can because it may change and then you won’t be able to anyway. If you ignore everything till you want to do it, then find out if you can and either do it or don’t then you won’t be depressed if it has changed from when you could to now! Live for today, forget yesterday - it’s all history anyway - tomorrow is another day and it will be different to today, guaranteed! Yesterday was the only easy day - well known US special forces saying - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I drove by centres administering the pcr test this morning. It was middle of the day and about 30+ plus standing outside with absolutely no shade at all. I was so relieved I didn't have to join the queue. I hoped for their sake, it was a speedy procedure.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

TAC wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 9:29 am
Like you are the only one who is then?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:41 pm
I drove by centres administering the pcr test this morning. It was middle of the day and about 30+ plus standing outside with absolutely no shade at all. I was so relieved I didn't have to join the queue. I hoped for their sake, it was a speedy procedure.
I and my spouse went for a test yesterday around midday. It was the busiest I have seen to date at a private lab doing the free antigen test but there were only 7 people in front of us and all in it took around 15 minutes before we were done. One thing I did note is that the application website used to give you no choice of which lab in a given district you got assigned. Now it does seem to offer that choice. It is still early days imo and I am not yet convinced that the new rules have created demand greater than the existing capacity the nominated private labs can handle. No doubt some management and tweaking will be needed to spread the demand efficiently across the many labs involved. That is not the same thing as being certain 'the whole thing will a disaster and demand must exceed capacity in place' from the minute it was announced backed up by the 'evidence' of a single location having queues in the midst of confusion and uncertainty about what the rules will be. imo.

What I am convinced about is that in general the TRNC has exceeded my expectations re organisation and availability and cost of things like pcr and antigen tests and role out of vaccines. My expectation was along the lines of 'could not organise a piss up in a brewery' based on general experience of government efficiency here over 20 years but credit where credit is due. With covid and things like availability of testing, cost of testing and availability and rate of vaccination they have done pretty well imo. Credit where it is due.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

jameslevel7 wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 2:02 pm
Trigger wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:30 pm

The Gov.UK Foreign Travel Advice CYPRUS site this morning at 11.24 published an update saying ROC does not need PCR but entering North does need PCR For people with 2 jabs evidenced.
I was referring to going to restaurants / bars in north Cyprus, sorry, should have been more explicit.

And yes, when we arrived two weeks ago, we didn’t need a pcr for the south but did for the north. Not sure of any changes though as I have kind of taken my eye off the ball… and things change so quickly atm.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”