Cyprus Flight Pass - what address to enter?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cyprus Flight Pass - what address to enter?

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by meldy »

A friend is planning to travel to TRNC via Larnaca soon. She is a UK passport holder. Can she use her TRNC holiday home address on the Flight Pass or will she need to have an address in ROC? I did see one post that stated someone had used TRNC address but they used Cypriot ID. Has anyone out there who only has a UK Passport done the journey?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cyprus Flight Pass - what address to enter?

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I've done this journey and used my address in North Cyprus with no problem. You can only enter a four digit postcode but those in the North are 5, just drop the first number.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

There are many (irresponsible) posts on social media here suggesting that you should enter a false ROC address or a random hotel there to avoid problems with staying in the TRNC. All well and good but why lie? If you are caught out doing this the result may be far worse than having to suffer some harsh comments from a border official because they don't like the fact you come here.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

book a room for 20 euro for a night don't lie

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Will giving your NC address to the RoC authorities not cause you potential problems in the future i.e. over who owns the land? Committing offence of buying GC land?

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

Has anyone travelling via Larnaca, with a UK Passport, successfully used an TRNC Hotel address on their Flight Pass ?

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Hector wrote:
Fri 20 Aug 2021 7:40 pm
Will giving your NC address to the RoC authorities not cause you potential problems in the future i.e. over who owns the land? Committing offence of buying GC land?
When providing the address where you intend to stay, are you required to state whether you own the property? If not, hopefully no problem(s) should arise.
It would be helpful if anyone who has already gone through this could clarify this point.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Hector wrote:
Exactly. This is the problem. Once they have the information, they will no doubt make use of it in the future. You only need to see how they are currently treating UK Citizens departing at RoC airports that have visited the TRNC with regards to TRNC PCR tests etc... It's one big Trojan Horse.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Who are these nutters who are recommending that people deliberately lie to the Greek Authorities. Are they on a suicide mission or something?

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

Soner wrote:
Fri 20 Aug 2021 10:23 pm
Hector wrote:
Exactly. This is the problem. Once they have the information, they will no doubt make use of it in the future. You only need to see how they are currently treating UK Citizens departing at RoC airports that have visited the TRNC with regards to TRNC PCR tests etc... It's one big Trojan Horse.
That's how I see it too there is no way I am giving the south any info whatsoever.
Being called a nutter or irresponsible who are you to judge on what other folk decide on what's best for them.
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:40 pm
When providing the address where you intend to stay, are you required to state whether you own the property? If not, hopefully no problem(s) should arise.

Also remember its an offence to not use the Greek name of the town village in the North

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

You are signing a statement to say that the information you provide is true and by providing false information open yourself to a potential 10,000 Euro fine. Seeing as my Cyprus Flight Pass was granted immediately on application I don't think there is someone sitting in an office sifting through them.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Sat 21 Aug 2021 10:31 am
You are signing a statement to say that the information you provide is true and by providing false information open yourself to a potential 10,000 Euro fine. Seeing as my Cyprus Flight Pass was granted immediately on application I don't think there is someone sitting in an office sifting through them.
They probably will be now!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”