Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

90 Day Visa Check - South Cyprus

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Just a warrning,

Crossed this morning all was well, however when coming back, had my passport photocopied, as usual, and was informed my 90 day visa had expired. Was allowed to cross, no fine, but was told now to wait 90 days before attempting to cross again.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 90 Day Visa Check - South Cyprus

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

I'm afraid its another wonderful positive outcome of being a non European.
If you can drive a HGV then please come home to blighty where more positives ; shortages of essential fuel and goods are hitting all. No problem with a visa if your European!!

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

It's a result of visiting a foreign country. No more, no less. A UK citizen is a European - the UK however is not, due to a democratic vote, in the EU.

There is a UK and EU shortage of HGV drivers. There is no shortage of fuel.

As you were.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Did the gov not know this would happen after Brexit??????????

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

The government were most probably aware of the issues which could arise after Brexit. And the voters who voted to leave were also aware that there would be issues which they obviously were prepared to accept. The only ones who will not accept the changes are those poor unfortunates who voted to remain. (0-0)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Geoff1131. "The only ones who will not accept the changes are those poor unfortunates who voted to remain." - Not true!

I voted to remain but I would not class myself as a "Poor Unfortunate" as I do not live in the UK and therefore do not have to put up with the "Build Back Better" philosophy that the UK Government preaches. So far, from my comfortable place in the TRNC (living under Occupation Forces) I can not see anything that has become Better in the UK since Brexit. I just wonder if the the people who voted to leave were really aware of the issues - that the Government was supposedly aware of - that could arise before they voted?

Anyway, this thread is about the 90 day visa check in the South and has nothing to do with Brexit. The simple fact is that the person who crosses into the RoC from the TRNC is responsible for ensuring that they do not exceed they 90 day limit in any rolling 180 days. It is not brain surgery here, it is simple arithmetic. If you are in doubt then use the "Schengen Visa Calculator" and stay within the rules - simple.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Friend went over today past 90 days and was let through. Just a rumor but it has been bandied about that the 90 days has been deleted and back to before Covid, as I said only a rumour, unless anyone has seen it in writing.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Thank you DieHard - what date did your friend first cross please? I am going tomorrow and over my 90 days ..

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

ginge wrote:
Wed 29 Sep 2021 12:17 am
It's a result of visiting a foreign country. No more, no less. A UK citizen is a European - the UK however is not, due to a democratic vote, in the EU.

There is a UK and EU shortage of HGV drivers. There is no shortage of fuel.

As you were.
Exactly,
UK citizens have forfeited the right of passage into the ROC and now need a visa. Foreigner indeed and certainly not my choice.
As for the shortages of welders, fruit pickers, health workers, etc etc. I can tell you precisely that the adverse view against EU workers has hindered the UK economy immensely. If there are any immigrants that have found their way across the channel in recent months....Give them jobs...please!!

Inflation is already almost 4%. Money will very soon become rather more expensive and repercussions on the ordinary people, many who again will be unaware and unprepared , will suffer the outfall.

I hope that in due course that democracy will once again prevail and now we've been IN and OUT. Sensibility and prosperity will ring true and we will enter again into a single market economy that allows free trade and advantage.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

ljarvo my friend first went over in June just after the borders opened.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Posted elsewhere - just got this from BHC website https://twitter.com/UKinCyprus/status/1 ... 5789739009
Attachments
BHC statement re BN xings from 01 10 21.jpg

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”