General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jemelliot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Travelling from Larnaca

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Jemelliot »

To all the expats that read this please beware!!!!

I am travelling to the U.K. with my aunt and have never been so disgusted with the staff at larnaca

I have travelled to and from larnaca so many times and have always had a pleasant journey.

We made our way to check In where they would not allow or recognise the TRNC vaccination even though it was PHIZER and had the Adapass

My aunt was forced to buy a day 8 test otherwise would not allow her on the flight

Another £48 later we made our way to duty free and passport control

Larnaca passport control then proceeded to speak to my aunt in a disgusting manner by saying you have arrived in a illegal country and an illegal airport. They would allow her to travel this time but not the next

This should be raised to president TARTAR as they want peace but treat people in such an ill manner they want the monopoly and not peace.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED !!!!!!

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Travelling from Larnaca

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Unfortunately it's the UK Government who don't recognise the Ada Pass, therefore your aunt would have needed to purchase a day 2 & 8 test before flying and quarantine at home for 10 days after arrival. In this respect the check in staff acted properly because the airline could potentially be fined if they flew your aunt into the UK without having purchased the required tests.
As regards the second part of your message that's the risk you take flying in through Ercan and out by Larnaca, although there is no excuse for rudeness from any official.
Last edited by Maisiemoo on Sun 03 Oct 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Thank you for the post …yes unfortunately we have to have day 2 and day 8 booked.

Can I ask where did you get the PCR test please - if from the North did they accept it ok?

Jemelliot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Jemelliot »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Sat 02 Oct 2021 10:18 pm
Unfortunately you don't seem to realise that it's the UK Government who don't recognise the Ada Pass, therefore she would have needed to purchase a day 2 & 8 test and quarantine at home for 10 days. In this respect the check in staff acted properly because the airline could potentially be fined if they flew your aunt into the UK without having purchased the required tests.
As regards the second part of your message that's the risk you take flying in through Ercan and out by Larnaca, although there is no excuse for rudeness.

Just in regards to the above comment.

I understand the U.K. government rules and regulations but equally there is a manner that you take with people to explain. How can they not accept a vaccine they exported to us !

As for the comment on passport control I have never had the mention of that risk before as I said rudeness and threatening manner was not what you expect….

There is only one word to describe them and that’s W******

As I said they say they want peace but shouted and pointed saying ILLEGAL COUNTRY AND ILLEGAL AIRPORT…. Not happy

Jemelliot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Jemelliot »

ljarvo wrote:
Sun 03 Oct 2021 6:46 am
Thank you for the post …yes unfortunately we have to have day 2 and day 8 booked.

Can I ask where did you get the PCR test please - if from the North did they accept it ok?

Hello had my PCR TEST at Medipoint in bellapais they accepted this no problem.
Just be prepared for any grilling as how dare we travel to the north and enjoy the other side of the island.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The issue is not with the vaccine.

The issue is around the security of the paperwork/documentation to prove that the person is who they say they are and has had a recognised and prescribed vaccine.

Unfortunately it has been proven that there are a number of people producing false paperwork supposedly showing they have been vaccinated, when they have not. The U.K. is not the only country that is very strict on the documentation required to prove vaccination. The Adapass is at present deemed not to be a secure document. This may be a difficult read but that is the current situation.

As for the rudeness/grilling because of entering via an illegal airport, sadly that looks as if it will never go away. It is often just down to luck as to who is on duty as you pass thro passport control.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

Jemelliot wrote:
Sat 02 Oct 2021 7:56 pm
To all the expats that read this please beware!!!!

I am travelling to the U.K. with my aunt and have never been so disgusted with the staff at larnaca

I have travelled to and from larnaca so many times and have always had a pleasant journey.

We made our way to check In where they would not allow or recognise the TRNC vaccination even though it was PHIZER and had the Adapass

My aunt was forced to buy a day 8 test otherwise would not allow her on the flight

Another £48 later we made our way to duty free and passport control

Larnaca passport control then proceeded to speak to my aunt in a disgusting manner by saying you have arrived in a illegal country and an illegal airport. They would allow her to travel this time but not the next

This should be raised to president TARTAR as they want peace but treat people in such an ill manner they want the monopoly and not peace.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED !!!!!!
Had the same treatment leaving ROC recently.

Passport confiscated. Left alone for an hour. Then the official came back to lecture me on how I live in an illegal area and if I use Larnaca again I will be refused entry etc.

Smiled and bid him farewell till the next time which will be in a few weeks.

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

The issue is not with the vaccine.

The issue is around the security of the paperwork/documentation to prove that the person is who they say they are and has had a recognised and prescribed vaccine.

Unfortunately it has been proven that there are a number of people producing false paperwork supposedly showing they have been vaccinated, when they have not. The U.K. is not the only country that is very strict on the documentation required to prove vaccination. The Adapass is at present deemed not to be a secure document. This may be a difficult read but that is the current situation.

Given that the NHS pass is easy to forge and obtain it's a good job the TRNC hasn't got the same attitude as the UK government.

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The NHS pass with the QR code can only be obtained via the NHS APP, DRs Surgery or by applying direct to the NHS.

The NHS APP is very secure. It has to be as it gives the individual access to their NHS records. When you initially download the app before it will work there are a number of strict security “gates” you must comply with, to prove identity etc. Only once you have done this can you access your NHS records which of course includes the NHS Covid vaccination record with QR code. This record and QR code expires after 28 days. You then have to access the app again to get another 28 days.

If you apply via your DRs surgery or direct to the NHS, again there are strict security checks before you will get your proof of vaccination or any of your personal NHS records.

It really is all about ensuring that records/documents are secure, cannot be easily accessed and are not being obtained by those trying to use them illegally.

Many other countries besides the U.K. have similar strict checks and whilst it makes for a hard read, the TRNC ADAPASS is at present not deemed secure enough. Recent press articles in the TRNC back this up as they have highlighted forged Adapasses being generated.

Wether this type of pass is of any real use apart from travel, is open to debate as all it shows is that the supposed named person has been vaccinated. It does not prove they are not carrying the virus or capable of transmitting it on.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Fake equivalent of the ADApass are on open sale in UK for 750 sterling. Cheaper if you order more. The information is then placed on the NHS data base and other Government data bases for use at home and abroad for no specific length of time,

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Mon 04 Oct 2021 6:53 am
Fake equivalent of the ADApass are on open sale in UK for 750 sterling. Cheaper if you order more. The information is then placed on the NHS data base and other Government data bases for use at home and abroad for no specific length of time,
What is the equivalent of the Adapass? Is it the individuals NHS Covid record?

Not convinced about “open” sale as I am sure that if this was happening it would be quickly picked up and investigated. Plus I would presume news channels and media would have reported any data breaches around the NHS and government websites. Also opposition parties would have picked up on it and used it to bash the government.

Personally I have not heard or read anything about this, however happy to be proved wrong.

Can you provide a link to what you have posted as I would like to take a read of it, to understand it better?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Try a search for “fake nhs covid passes”

eg: Anti-vaxxers offered fake NHS Covid-19 passes and vaccine cards on Telegram

“Anti-vaxxers are buying and selling fake NHS Covid-19 passes and vaccine cards in groups on the under-ground messaging service Telegram reaching up to 870,000 people, i can reveal.

Fraudulent sellers are offering packages for around £220 that include NHS Covid passes in digital and letter form, vaccine cards and certification that is accepted for travel within the EU.

Analysis by i found six Telegram groups where the fake documentation was being sold with a combined reach of up to 870,000 people.

Visual comparisons show no obvious differences between official documents and the fake ones advertised on the groups.”

Perhaps not “open” but certainly available if it can reach 870000 people.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 04 Oct 2021 7:11 am
benjaminbutton wrote:
Mon 04 Oct 2021 6:53 am
What is the equivalent of the Adapass? Is it the individuals NHS Covid record?

Not convinced about “open” sale as I am sure that if this was happening it would be quickly picked up and investigated. Plus I would presume news channels and media would have reported any data breaches around the NHS and government websites. Also opposition parties would have picked up on it and used it to bash the government.

Personally I have not heard or read anything about this, however happy to be proved wrong.

Can you provide a link to what you have posted as I would like to take a read of it, to understand it better?
I've been offered a fake NHS vaccination record for £450. They can access the NHS database and put the fake vaccination record on your records. Obviously an employee in a position of great trust is involved somewhere along the line.

As the notw used to say........I politely declined the service.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

PoshinDevon I think that Mowgli597 and ginge have saved me a job. Best that you read it yourself though.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks for the information.

There will always be those who will try to forge or fake documents. It happens all the time; driving licences, passports, etc.

However; whilst this is a problem, I don’t believe that this is a major issue. A concern yes but a major issue no. If it was a major issue it would certainly be on mainstream news channels, plus in all the newspapers. Make no mistake opposition parties in the U.K. would also be all over this like a rash. To date this has not received any real news coverage

The i reports “up to 870,000” fake documents. Given that almost 94M have been vaccinated in the U.K. this number is less than 1% of the total number.

Those responsible for cyber security within the government and its departments are well aware of the problem.

I still maintain that any holes in the security of NHS data will be constantly under review and monitored making it even harder to produce fake documents. To say that it is widespread is incorrect.

Having volunteered at a mass vaccination centre for almost 8 months, there were a few occasions when anti vaxers turned up and tried to circumvent the system to get paperwork to show they had been vaccinated. Security picked up on their methods quickly and they were quickly removed. I honestly cannot say I have heard of anyone being offered money in return for fake documents.

In my opinion I don’t believe this is a huge problem in the grand scheme of things.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”