General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Plastic/PVC Trunking

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Looking for and can not find anywhere - Plastic/PVC Trunking 10cm by 6cm, the type with a clip on front and not with predrilled holes anywhere in it.

Most important is that it has no holes already in as I intend to secure the clip on lid to the wall and then use the U shaped part of the trunking as a cover for radiator pipes that have been fitted to the exterior of the property.

I have purchased this somewhere here in the past but can not remember where and have searched all the usual suspects - some of which have it in their catalogues but don't actually stock it - grrr.

The intention is to use fire retardent insolation around the pipework and close the pipes and insolation inside the trunking - have already tried this with a short section that I had left from a previous job and it works a treat.

Any help is most welcome even if you suggest places I have already tried please!! Many thanks.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Plastic/PVC Trunking

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Waddo, your DIY prowess never ceases to amaze me. People like me, pay through the nose to have jobs done!!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

BJB, It's all about thinking outside of the box! There are so many "small" things you can do yourself, you just have to think about them and apply a bit of logic - and lots of thoughts on personal safety - then give it a try. This is my retirement and I like it much more than sitting at the bar complaining how much "Tradesmen" charge. Always remember that for some things - mainly electrical and definitely gas - it is much better to employ a proffessional, as the money and the life you save may be your own!!

Go on, have a go.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Try Electroturk that’s were i get my trunking

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

gates, thanks, it is in their catalogue but they have none of it unless there is some in Nicosia I am now at a loss.

gates

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have bought all sizes in Kyrenia branch

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Maybe then that is where I got it years ago but as of Thursday last - none available!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Waddo, thanks for your encouragement, I can wield a paint brush!. I try not to winge about local tradesmen, but what I do though is get two if not three quotes, which ALWAYS amazes them. They can never understand why!!!

gates

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Hi try that electric shop buy Akin motors Karakum

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

BJB, you are welcome! Years ago I was watching a comedy program on UK TV, fairly sure it was Kenny Everet on a DIY skit. He was making a cupboard I think, but at the end of the show this total mess of a thing was presented by him, he had been using power tools (saws and things) during the program! His final words - kind of off screen - stuck with me forever! “Are these my fingers in this drawer Kevin?” Whenever I use a power tool they come back into my mind - lol.

Gates, that is a good shop, loads of interesting bits and very helpful staff with good English fortunately for me! Sadly the only trunking he has is pre drilled but thanks for that anyway. Will go back down to Electrokur in the morning again to see if they have found any.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Got it! From Electrokur as well. Not the same as I was searching for but will do the job just as well. Now for the cutting, jointing, finding the fire retardant insulation and fitting - before the winter hits - lol. Many thanks to all for your assistance!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”