General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Business card printing

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I'm looking to have 200 to 250 cards to be designed (we have the design - just needs to be recreated) and then printed.

I’ve tried magic touch, however they were unable to print them as per the design. I was told they are unable to print different shades of the same colour, this can only be done in Turkey. The card has a shade of light and dark, the sample they printed was just the same colour.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can have this done please (ideally in the north - but can go across the border if push comes to shove).

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Business card printing

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

AFC wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 9:42 am
I'm looking to have 200 to 250 cards to be designed (we have the design - just needs to be recreated) and then printed.

I’ve tried magic touch, however they were unable to print them as per the design. I was told they are unable to print different shades of the same colour, this can only be done in Turkey. The card has a shade of light and dark, the sample they printed was just the same colour.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can have this done please (ideally in the north - but can go across the border if push comes to shove).
Can't understand why not, if it is digital printing.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I have no idea, spent 3 hours on Friday with them, the design was in black, it needed a shade on it to give the impression of a cut out, and had a faint world map on the background. Template was purchased in PSD, so all designs were present, but when printed, a plain black card was presented with no background map and no shades.

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

Have you tried the stationary shop Deniz I think it’s called in Girne ( not he one near the George ) they have a printing. Set up in the shop ( same road as the old pound shop

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Where you want to go is the middle of three stores. As you face it, Garanti Bank is on your right, Deniz Plaza in the middle and Akay Optic on the left. Go straight through the store to the very back and the printing machines are facing you.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Brilliant, will pop in

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

AFC wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 10:01 am
I have no idea, spent 3 hours on Friday with them, the design was in black, it needed a shade on it to give the impression of a cut out, and had a faint world map on the background. Template was purchased in PSD, so all designs were present, but when printed, a plain black card was presented with no background map and no shades.
I can convert the file to PDF if it helps. The PSD file may be in several layers, and they may not know how to handle the file for print.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Soner wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 5:41 pm
AFC wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 10:01 am
I can convert the file to PDF if it helps. The PSD file may be in several layers, and they may not know how to handle the file for print.
thanks, but no, that wasn't the issue. the kid designing converted everything ok, had illustrator and photoshop, but told me the printers could not handle the different shades. They would need to call in the engineer who would practice with the settings and adjust them on a trial and error basis, and I'd be charged for all the pages used until it was perfected.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”