General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Trouble watching things on my Firestick

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Does anyone know why certain programmes are "not available in my location" when watching UK TV channels on my Firestick when I am using a DNS? This is happening on my All4 app where I am unable to watch any of the Walter Presents series and now the same with a recent series called Close to Me.

mish
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trouble watching things on my Firestick

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by mish »

Are you using a VPN logging-in through the UK?

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Yes Streamvia DNS with my location set as UK. Most things are ok but certain series are not available.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Don't use fire stick, but is there a setting for Country and Time? if so you need to set to GMT. Wifey had similar prob with Smart DNS on laptop. After setting country and time for laptop to UK, all worked fine.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

Same with me Jo and Jelly, and for some reason Close to Me hasn't been uploaded to Cinema either. It shows it's there but there are no links. I also can't get live ITV. DNS working fine for BBC and most of All 4.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

If you are with Streamvia contact them and they will help. I have only had a few problems since being with them mostly of my own making but they have gone above and beyond to sort them every time.

Cinema is full of programmes where there are no links because it relies on people downloading onto it. All of this is illegal of course so not really something you can rely on nor complain about really. If you pay for and use Real-debrid.com which is very reasonable you will get better more reliable streams but make no mistake they are still illegal.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Jane M wrote:
Fri 03 Dec 2021 7:35 am
Same with me Jo and Jelly, and for some reason Close to Me hasn't been uploaded to Cinema either. It shows it's there but there are no links. I also can't get live ITV. DNS working fine for BBC and most of All 4.
Well at least it's not just me. We watched episode 1 of Close to Me on Cinema but no streams for 2, 3 and 4 although 5 and 6 are there. Maybe I need to be more patient lol.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Soner wrote:
Fri 03 Dec 2021 12:13 am
Don't use fire stick, but is there a setting for Country and Time? if so you need to set to GMT. Wifey had similar prob with Smart DNS on laptop. After setting country and time for laptop to UK, all worked fine.
Yes it's set to GMT so no idea why it doesn't work.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”