General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lilnrob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Travel to SBA

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by lilnrob »

Anybody know the rules and regulations to travel to SBA only. Is it the same as travelling to ROC.

Thanks
Lil

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Travel to SBA

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

If you are using your own vehicle then you have to follow the same rules as for travel to the RoC. Assuming you are a third country national then you will have to get a TOM89a from Metahan first and then you can drive to any SBA.

For instance if you wished to visit Dhekelia SBA then first get your TOM, cross at the crossing point and stop at the SBA customs checkpoint, there you will be given a 90 day pass. Costs nothing and they were well organized last time I crossed there. I still wonder how this works if I just drive from Nicosia down into Dhekelia via the motorway and never have to stop at the SBA customs checkpoint!

If you are an EU citizen (Or Turkish Cypriot) then you can have a TOM89 valid for one year and you won't need a 90 day pass from the SBA customs checkpoint. From memory of a couple of years ago, if you wanted to visit Tunnel Beach (Episkopi) then you would need permission from the main guardroom at Episkopi camp and that can be "interesting" but not impossible.

Good Luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”