General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Paying residency fee

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

After 2.5 months I am at the stage where I have to pay the residency fee. There is a ‘pay on line’ button which for me doesn’t work. Has anyone else experienced this or is it something to do with my application? If I cannot get it to work, how do I pay it?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Paying residency fee

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Well done for getting to that stage!!
Looks like the site is down now

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I had to use a different browser. I was using Firefox on my laptop but ended up using Chrome and it was ok then.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 29 Mar 2022 5:43 pm
I had to use a different browser. I was using Firefox on my laptop but ended up using Chrome and it was ok then.
I’ve been trying via iPhone so I will try on my laptop using chrome. Thanks for info.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

techtrader wrote:
Tue 29 Mar 2022 3:41 pm
My wife who went to police at same time has not yet been asked to pay the insurance. Why do they make something that should be relatively easy turn out to be anything but?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Because we live in the TRNC, simple.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

The old system, (even during covid just a phone call for appointment) paper work submitted to police, wait 3 weeks and off to Lefkosia to pay and get passport visa stamped. A bit of a pain but quick compared to the new online system. 3 months of waiting for what?! If any overseas travel is necessary whilst the process hasn't been completed a 'can of worms' will be opened on re-entry with penalty payments for overstaying the initial visa date-time because the the Lefkosia immigration staff are too busy drinking tea, coffee, gossiping to address their work in-hand!

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Brinsley wrote:
Tue 29 Mar 2022 8:15 pm
The old system, (even during covid just a phone call for appointment) paper work submitted to police, wait 3 weeks and off to Lefkosia to pay and get passport visa stamped. A bit of a pain but quick compared to the new online system. 3 months of waiting for what?! If any overseas travel is necessary whilst the process hasn't been completed a 'can of worms' will be opened on re-entry with penalty payments for overstaying the initial visa date-time because the the Lefkosia immigration staff are too busy drinking tea, coffee, gossiping to address their work in-hand!
:+1:)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Brazen wrote:
Tue 29 Mar 2022 6:42 pm
techtrader wrote:
Tue 29 Mar 2022 3:41 pm
My wife who went to police at same time has not yet been asked to pay the insurance. Why do they make something that should be relatively easy turn out to be anything but?
I know of friends where one was the same but still managed to get their residency. Of course that does not mean yours will be the same. You may need to visit Immigration to sort that out or she may well get the notice to pay for the residency without it. Actually paying for the Insurance was our biggest headache with local Bank cards being refused due to the security certificate for the Koop Bank being out of date.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

We are also at the final pay stage and can't pay, using chrome had no trouble paying the healthcare with same browser.
Having to use phone as laptop not recognising goverment site
Any idea's please

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

We had same problem but it seems there are some laptops, computers, phones which will not connect the pay site on line. We had to use a very helpful chappie of BRS using his laptop to pay our two payments!!
He knows of this problem so I suggest you all go onto the BRS site in FB for help. OR perhaps try a friends computer to see if theirs works.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Thank you
Just used another device and worked, clearly a gremin in the system.
As for "The very helpful chappie of BRS" I know whom you mean he was a real help a couple of years ago when the online system started.
He had to iron out many miss spellings and general blips. Yes Mike is a star at this !!!!

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Quite right Poppy..1 Turkish keyboard so have not worked out where plus signs are!!!

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

If you have a vpn running on your laptop you need to disconnect that first to be able to access the visa site.
Also my workaround for paying was to get a visa from Turkbank where you can pay the amount you need on to it first.
That was accepted first try.
My uk cards didnt work - and they have trouble with TEB machines too, which charge huge fees too it seems.
Nobody can pay Lifecell either, except by going into a Turkcell shop as Turkcell uses TEB - just told that by one of their manager's yesterday.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

LizA wrote:
Thu 25 Aug 2022 6:01 pm

Also my workaround for paying was to get a visa from Turkbank where you can pay the amount you need on to it first.
That was accepted first try.

My uk cards didnt work - and they have trouble with TEB machines too, which charge huge fees too it seems.
Nobody can pay Lifecell either, except by going into a Turkcell shop as Turkcell uses TEB - just told that by one of their manager's yesterday.
I got one of those prepaid cards from Turkbank too, and it didn't work last year for health insurance. I did say that it had to be for online use etc and assured that it was. Numerous phone calls where I was cut off, and emails with no reply. Strangely enough it worked this year for health insurance. It will have run out by the time I am doing next one, so will have to go back to square one.

Strange that you can't pay Lifecell using UK card. I pay Turkcell phone bill with Revolut card and it has worked through their website or using Paypoint Cyprus.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Both of our residency fees this year and also two years ago were paid by uk debit cards with no problem previously. This years renewal as said would not go through on either of our laptops but did on a brs one. There are no vpns on our laptops.

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

Well odd as their payment system is not working for me either now. I topped up my Turkbank card yesterday. I had paid my health insurance with it in June. But the security call does not come through to verify it. I have tried numerous times but still not working.
I can only think it is a fault in their system?

It is very worrying as I need to be in uk by beginning of August next year! Not hanging about waiting for my visa! So wish I could have afforded to pay for the 2 year one! But that still doesn't excuse a faulty system.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

LizA am wondering if it could be flaky internet yesterday? Both myself and a friend using different internet providers had trouble yesterday with online banking transactions fail. Internet seemed to be working ok for general web browsing, but for banking nope, albeit it eventually worked later in the day.
Just as an aside, I successfully paid residency fee on Wednesday using Revolut card, so the system was working fine then.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”